Author Topic: Number of artist coins  (Read 3787 times)

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
Technically yes, MUSE can allow anyone to create any number of UIAs. It's a distributed and open platform!
PeerTracks on the otherhand is a private business. What it decides to display is up to it.
Just like google displaying whatever it thinks relevant for it's users and not necessarily the entire content of the web.
Right now as far as PeerTracks goes. We are letting only verified account list their UIA on PeerTracks. And yes, so far it's just the one. The average user only stays a few seconds on any given new page. UI interface has to make sense, feel familiar and we can't inundate him/her with a ton of new possibilities and features.
One UIA per verified profile.

And keep in mind you can a LOT with the one. You can still do tiered stuff mind you.
"My top 10 holders get to see me rehearse"
"My top 50 get free tickets'"
"my top 300 get ticket sale notification FIRST"
etc.
It's all about value really. Those UIA have a USD value.

But yes there are use cases to having multiple types of UIAs. Just not going to list them all or offer the service from the PeerTracks website.
MUSE allows it all though.

Makes sense to keep it simple at first.

However I foresee artists having a main supporters coin and then multiple crowd-funding coins.

For example an artist might wish to crowd-fund to do a new song or album and pay holders a percentage of earnings. So the investment coins are slightly different in that sense.

If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline cob

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cobb
Technically yes, MUSE can allow anyone to create any number of UIAs. It's a distributed and open platform!
PeerTracks on the otherhand is a private business. What it decides to display is up to it.
Just like google displaying whatever it thinks relevant for it's users and not necessarily the entire content of the web.
Right now as far as PeerTracks goes. We are letting only verified account list their UIA on PeerTracks. And yes, so far it's just the one. The average user only stays a few seconds on any given new page. UI interface has to make sense, feel familiar and we can't inundate him/her with a ton of new possibilities and features.
One UIA per verified profile.

And keep in mind you can a LOT with the one. You can still do tiered stuff mind you.
"My top 10 holders get to see me rehearse"
"My top 50 get free tickets'"
"my top 300 get ticket sale notification FIRST"
etc.
It's all about value really. Those UIA have a USD value.

But yes there are use cases to having multiple types of UIAs. Just not going to list them all or offer the service from the PeerTracks website.
MUSE allows it all though.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Hmm, I have no idea.. I think we've reached speculation limit.. *calling cob* :D

Offline bobmaloney

Will Artist be able to have more that one coin? Would they be able to issue say Silver, Gold, or Platinum editions of their coins?
Who would prevent them from doing so?
I'd bet they can ..

AFAIK only one artistcoin per artist, but take it with a grain of salt as I can't recall where I read it.

The only thing I remember reading was that they will not be able to tamper with the total amount of artistcoin once created.

If this is the case, it seems natural that they would offer several versions or tiers of coins, IMO.
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Will Artist be able to have more that one coin? Would they be able to issue say Silver, Gold, or Platinum editions of their coins?
I'd bet they can ..

AFAIK only one artistcoin per artist, but take it with a grain of salt as I can't recall where I read it.
There is a difference between things that
 * make sense (economically, marketing-wise), or
 * can be done technically.
But I don't see anything preventing an artist from issuing multiple assets (even though it may require addition accounts) ..

In principle that's true, but my guess is that they will require identity verification to avoid duplicates and scams.
Just to clarify: I assume that with "they" you mean "PeerTracks" ..

Sure .. but you identify an account and not an asset/token/artistcoin .. and the issuer of a token is linked to an asset on the chain ..

Offline CLains

• View Profile
I'd bet they can ..

But I don't see anything preventing an artist from issuing multiple assets (even though it may require addition accounts) ..

In principle that's true, but my guess is that they will require identity verification to avoid duplicates and scams.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I'd bet they can ..

Offline CLains

• View Profile
I'd bet they can ..

Offline Pheonike

I was thinking they would have different supply based on tiers,

10,000 coins = Platinum
1,00,000 coins = Gold
10,000,000 coins = Silver
100,000,000 coins = Basic

Offline bobmaloney

It will be interesting to see how this plays out?

What if fans are more interested in purchasing artist coins of an individual rather than a group?

I mean, I'll buy some of that Kurt Cobain coin, but those other guys...they'll never amount to anything, right?  ::)

What if people want to bet on how many drummers a band will have?...you never know when there might be some kind of bizarre gardening accident or spontaneous combustion!

If I get stuck with a Paul McCartney coin - do I get free tickets to a Wings reunion?

If I buy a Dr. Dre coin will I get free tickets to Straight Outta Compton?

If I buy a Muse coin, can I give it to my muse via MUSE?

This is gonna be fun.
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I'd bet they can ..

Offline Pheonike