Author Topic: is Brownie.PTS being used as an IDentabit sharedrop target  (Read 6913 times)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Thanks for compleeting my quick explanation  ;).

About the brownies sharedrop, I think it's not a good thing to annnounce a % sharedrop on brownies and then change it. It may irritate some people ...

Endless disappointment. They do that to me and other post 28/2 investor in AGS. They will do that again. It no longer makes sense. BTS is more centralized than anything in crypto-space.
I think Bitshares recognizes that some things are better when more decentralized whilst other things are better when centralized.
I think trying to make everything decentralized is not always a good thing.

In the same way that not all stores should be online stores.

Exactly. If all decisions were made in a decentralized fashion, we'd be here for months arguing about them. I would have been gone long ago if that were the case. BitShares strikes a pretty good balance. As it matures, I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunity to broaden that governance using its decentralized features.

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans

About the brownies sharedrop, I think it's not a good thing to annnounce a % sharedrop on brownies and then change it. It may irritate some people ...

Endless disappointment. They do that to me and other post 28/2 investor in AGS. They will do that again. It no longer makes sense. BTS is more centralized than anything in crypto-space.
I think Bitshares recognizes that some things are better when more decentralized whilst other things are better when centralized.
I think trying to make everything decentralized is not always a good thing.

In the same way that not all stores should be online stores.

Offline EstefanTT

Let's wait and see what happens before beeing disapointed  :P
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 07:52:20 pm by EstefanTT »
Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline dritz3r

• View Profile

Offline EstefanTT

I received some brownies. I also bought some more at cheap price mainly because of the possibility of  future sharedrop aiming brownies and the current Identabit sharedrop. I'm probably not the only one who has bought brownies on the announcement of John Underwood. If the % changes afterwards, I will be disapointed by the lack of serious of the annoucement and I won't be very confident in believing what comes from John in the future. It would be sad because that's a great project !!!

That said, if they change it, I won't be complaining around about it.

Unfortunately, others will be happy to spread FUD and bad comments on it. It may be bad com.

Just my 2 bts, nothing more than my own thoughts on it ;)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 07:39:55 pm by EstefanTT »

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
There is an explanation in the anouncement thread of Identabit. There is a description on the % allocation.

It's gonna be 10% on bitshares and 10% on brownies ;)

This is not entirely accurate.

The Identabit sharedrop will issue 20% of initial supply to BTS holders.
While Identabit will have an incorporated vesting schedule, there will be no dilution unless share value increases in parallel.
Identabit has identified the option to eventually double outstanding shares, which, in worst case scenario, would lower the final BTS sharedrop percentage to 10%.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,17354.msg234544.html#msg234544

Except that there will be NO dilution during the vesting period because John underwood invented Proof of Appreciation.  This says that no new shares enter circulation until there is proof that the shares have appreciated enough to offset the dilution.  So your 20% can never lose value due to dilution and you can sell it while your shares have appreciated to offset any new supply that may trickle in.

Regarding the Brownie.PTS - bytemaster has stated on a recent mumble that brownies may not necessarily receive the entire 20% (initial supply allocation, as above) currently slated for "Active BTS Community".
At this time, I don't believe there has been any definitive statement regarding the exact percentage brownies will receive.
Great, thanks. I'll keep an eye out

Offline bobmaloney

There is an explanation in the anouncement thread of Identabit. There is a description on the % allocation.

This is not entirely accurate.

The Identabit sharedrop will issue 20% of initial supply to BTS holders.
While Identabit will have an incorporated vesting schedule, there will be no dilution unless share value increases in parallel.
Identabit has identified the option to eventually double outstanding shares, which, in worst case scenario, would lower the final BTS sharedrop percentage to 10%.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,17354.msg234544.html#msg234544

Except that there will be NO dilution during the vesting period because John underwood invented Proof of Appreciation.  This says that no new shares enter circulation until there is proof that the shares have appreciated enough to offset the dilution.  So your 20% can never lose value due to dilution and you can sell it while your shares have appreciated to offset any new supply that may trickle in.

Regarding the Brownie.PTS - bytemaster has stated on a recent mumble that brownies may not necessarily receive the entire 20% (initial supply allocation, as above) currently slated for "Active BTS Community".
At this time, I don't believe there has been any definitive statement regarding the exact percentage brownies will receive.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 06:59:47 pm by bobmaloney »
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Offline EstefanTT

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
I have not been following this very well.
Can anyone point me to a thread where this was discussed?
What was the outcome?