Author Topic: BTS:bitusd wall  (Read 1609 times)

Offline svk

If a short is margin called and there are no buyers, and later the price of BTS rises so that the short order is no longer outside the necessary margin.   Does the order remain as a margin call order at 10% penalty or does it revert back to its original state?

I asked this question back in April:

With the current market engine, it reverts to normal status. I suppose the new engine will behave in the same way.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Xeldal

If a short is margin called and there are no buyers, and later the price of BTS rises so that the short order is no longer outside the necessary margin.   Does the order remain as a margin call order at 10% penalty or does it revert back to its original state?

Offline svk

Got it thanks..

If it is margin called shorts, shouldn't it only be a fraction of the massive buy wall? I would expect that the majority of the wall to be expired shorts and thus not subject to the 10% over the peg penalty.

What 10% penalty? I thought we fixed this a long time ago. I think there is no penalty anymore. If you get margin called you repay the debt at the peg and the rest of collateral is returned. Or not?

No only expired shorts are at the feed price, margin called shorts pay 10% penalty.

As you can see from the wall a huge majority of the shorts are actually margin called shorts.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
What 10% penalty? I thought we fixed this a long time ago. I think there is no penalty anymore. If you get margin called you repay the debt at the peg and the rest of collateral is returned. Or not?
margin calls have to buy up to +%10 above the feed
expired shorts buy AT the feed

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Got it thanks..

If it is margin called shorts, shouldn't it only be a fraction of the massive buy wall? I would expect that the majority of the wall to be expired shorts and thus not subject to the 10% over the peg penalty.

Offline lafona

• View Profile
  • BitShares: lafona
BTS Witnesses: delegate-1.lafona     Witness Thread: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,21569.msg280911/topicseen.html#msg280911
MUSE Witness: lafona

Offline svk

Margin called shorts (I updated Bitsharesblocks in response to an earlier post where we came to the conclusion margin called shorts take priority over expired shorts, the wallet however does not have this update)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline lafona

• View Profile
  • BitShares: lafona
I think something is going on with the charts for the website. In the gui wallet it looks normal. I would send you a screenshot but it doesnt seem to work, guess I am still a forum noob.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 12:35:27 pm by lafona »
BTS Witnesses: delegate-1.lafona     Witness Thread: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,21569.msg280911/topicseen.html#msg280911
MUSE Witness: lafona

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Can someone please explain since the peg is @ 210 why the expired shorts wall is at 230 and what this means?