Author Topic: How can I prevent BitShares client to log me out?  (Read 1779 times)

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
With BitShares 0.9.3c wallet i can "pause" transaction scanning by simply locking the wallet or by using xeroc's suggested commands. Then if i unlock the wallet, the 'percentage done' quickly catches up where it left before. However, if i close the wallet it still restarts scanning. Not exactly what i was hoping for, but still a huge improvement.

yeah, it's scanning on every start. but whatever, 0.9 will be history soon :)

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight
With BitShares 0.9.3c wallet i can "pause" transaction scanning by simply locking the wallet or by using xeroc's suggested commands. Then if i unlock the wallet, the 'percentage done' quickly catches up where it left before. However, if i close the wallet it still restarts scanning. Not exactly what i was hoping for, but still a huge improvement.

Offline vlight

• View Profile
If i do not allow to scan for the new transactions to 100%, it still starts from the last successful 100% scan(if i restart). This means that  i have to scan all the new transactions in one chunk without any pause which takes hours and just for one wallet.

Oh well, since the new wallet will have improved performance, i guess i just have to wait for it and hope for successful import. Thanks for the help anyway ^^

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
wallet_cancel_scan
wallet_set_transaction_scanning false

the latter will disable scanning entirely which will make you wallet not recognize incoming (TITAN) transactions

Offline vlight

• View Profile
How can i make transaction scanning not start from the last successful attempt? For instance, it starts scanning from block 1M, scans a few thousand blocks, then if i restart the wallet, it still starts from 1M. How can i make it start from [1M+few thousand blocks]? Thanks.

Offline dritz3r

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
You can put 86400 in auto logout intervall in your preferences (advanced settings) so that the wallet will only lock out out after 24h ..

Offline dritz3r

• View Profile
I finally managed to sync blocks, but fail to finish transaction scanning progress. Client log me out after some period of time and every time start scanning from the beginning. How can I prevent that? Thanks.