Author Topic: Test Net for Advanced Users  (Read 263592 times)

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
need some vote, thanks.
Code: [Select]
get_witness delegate.baozi
{
  "id": "1.6.1569",
  "witness_account": "1.2.22439",

Offline Fox

What is the best practice for not missing any block during an update?

Run multiple nodes synced to the network; only producing blocks on a single node. Watch the github repository for updates. Upgrade a non-block producing node, then migrate block production to the upgraded node. Always ensure you have only a single node producing blocks so as not to introduce a fork.
Witness: fox

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
All witnesses please upgrade to the latest master.    We have checked in a few "hard-forking" fixes for publishing price feeds.   This hardfork was required due to a misconfigured genesis state for bitassets preventing us from publishing feeds.   Please do not attempt to publish price feeds for at least 24 hours to give all testers a chance to upgrade to the latest.

Fox I voted you in.    The least approved witness is bitcube which as 13M votes...

Forgive my ignorance. 

How to "upgrade to latest master"?

Is this just  "git pull master" and restart witness?, or does this require a complete rebuild and "git checkout master" ??

I assume "git checkout test3" would just be the same thing I'm already running.

git checkout master
git pull
git submodule update --init --recursive
cmake .
make

However make will fail if your witness_node is already running. So what I did is clone the repository to a new directory and run make there.  With this trick it will achieve minimum down time. @spartako

Upgraded to the master, during the update I missed 2 blocks.

BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
All witnesses please upgrade to the latest master.    We have checked in a few "hard-forking" fixes for publishing price feeds.   This hardfork was required due to a misconfigured genesis state for bitassets preventing us from publishing feeds.   Please do not attempt to publish price feeds for at least 24 hours to give all testers a chance to upgrade to the latest.

Fox I voted you in.    The least approved witness is bitcube which as 13M votes...
in.abit is upgraded to latest commit.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Xeldal

Forgive my ignorance. 

How to "upgrade to latest master"?

Is this just  "git pull master" and restart witness?, or does this require a complete rebuild and "git checkout master" ??

I assume "git checkout test3" would just be the same thing I'm already running.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop

delegate-clayop has upgraded.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline spartako

• View Profile
Upgraded to the master, during the update I missed 2 blocks.

wallet_account_set_approval spartako

Offline bytemaster

do delegates or witnesses produce feeds?

Witnesses do (starting Wednesday)
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

clout

do delegates or witnesses produce feeds?

Offline bytemaster

31 active witnesses with 100% participation.   I couldn't ask for a better set of testers!

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

Offline Fox

The Fox witness node is operational.  Thanks in advance for your votes.
get_witness fox
{
  "id": "1.6.2104",
  "total_votes": "1306663376502",
}

How may I determine the threshold number of for votes required to be a witness at this time?  I have votes, and  watched a maintenance interval pass, but do not see my witness ID included in the active witnesses:
>>get_global_properties
  ],
  "active_witnesses": [
    "1.6.1",
    "1.6.5252"
  ]
Witness: fox

iHashFury

witness ihashfury is now on latest master  branch

Offline bytemaster

@bytemaster can we test the affiliate system, or is this still in development?

Affiliate system is still TBD.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
@bytemaster can we test the affiliate system, or is this still in development?