Author Topic: Test Net for Advanced Users  (Read 263676 times)

Offline spartako

• View Profile
Thank you, I understand this.

The documentation talks about a local testnet. How do I connect my newly default witness node to the real testnet, are there seed node ips I need to specifically connect to?

The current testnet is this one:

https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene/releases/tag/test3

You need to download the genesis file: sep-18-testnet-genesis.json
and launch your witness in this way:

Code: [Select]
./witness_node --rpc-endpoint "127.0.0.1:8090" --genesis-json sep-18-testnet-genesis.json  -d witness_dir/ -s 104.236.118.105:1776
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 07:53:02 am by spartako »
wallet_account_set_approval spartako

Offline mindphlux

• View Profile
Thank you, I understand this.

The documentation talks about a local testnet. How do I connect my newly default witness node to the real testnet, are there seed node ips I need to specifically connect to?

EDIT: Do I need to connect the CLI wallet to the real testnet too, including to the setup faucet server, so I can create accounts? How do I do that?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 07:41:01 am by mindphlux »
Please consider voting for my witness mindphlux.witness and my committee user mindphlux. I will not vote for changes that affect witness pay.

Offline spartako

• View Profile

Can you please post a link to node-graphene.. can't find it on github.

Thanks.

Newbie question - do I need to run a witness in order to run the flood script?

This is the github link:
https://github.com/spartako82/node-graphene

Yes, you need to run a standard witness (without producing blocks) and also run the cli_wallet command
Here you can see how to run a witness:
https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene/wiki/CLI-Wallet-Cookbook

Offline mindphlux

• View Profile

Updated the master, should be fixed now

~/node-graphene# nodejs bin/flood.js bitcube bitcube ws://127.0.0.1:8090 200
******* 0*******
ERROR 10 assert_exception: Assert Exception
itr != _by_name.end(): no method with name 'transfer'
    {"name":"transfer","api":[["cancel_all_subscriptions",4],["get_account_balances",21],["get_account_by_name",16],["get_account_count",20],["get_account_references",17],["get_accounts",14],["get_assets",26],["get_balance_objects",23],["get_blinded_balances",52],["get_block",6],["get_block_header",5],["get_call_orders",30],["get_chain_id",11],["get_chain_properties",8],["get_committee_member_by_account",40],["get_committee_members",39],["get_config",10],["get_dynamic_global_properties",12],["get_full_accounts",15],["get_global_properties",9],["get_key_references",13],["get_limit_orders",29],["get_margin_positions",32],["get_named_account_balances",22],["get_objects",0],["get_potential_signatures",46],["get_proposed_transactions",51],["get_required_fees",50],["get_required_signatures",45],["get_settle_orders",31],["get_transaction",7],["get_transaction_hex",44],["get_vested_balances",24],["get_vesting_balances",25],["get_witness_by_account",36],["get_witness_count",38],["get_witnesses",35],["get_workers_by_account",42],["list_assets",27],["lookup_account_names",18],["lookup_accounts",19],["lookup_asset_symbols",28],["lookup_committee_member_accounts",41],["lookup_vote_ids",43],["lookup_witness_accounts",37],["set_block_applied_callback",3],["set_pending_transaction_callback",2],["set_subscribe_callback",1],["subscribe_to_market",33],["unsubscribe_from_market",34],["validate_transaction",49],["verify_account_authority",48],["verify_authority",47]]}
    th_a  api_connection.hpp:84 call

Any idea?

You have to point to the wallet-url and not the witness url.
You can do that in this way for example:
./cli_wallet -w wallet.json --chain-id 0f8b631d7a9dfebf16d6776fab96b629a14429762bf9c3eb95db1e4e4af637a4  -s ws://127.0.0.1:8090 -r 127.0.0.1:8099

Moreover the accounts must be different because transfer doesn't work if you transfer to yourself. So create an other account (like bitcube1)
Unlock your wallet and use this command:
~/node-graphene# nodejs bin/flood.js bitcube bitcube1 ws://127.0.0.1:8099 200

Can you please post a link to node-graphene.. can't find it on github.

Thanks.

Newbie question - do I need to run a witness in order to run the flood script?
Please consider voting for my witness mindphlux.witness and my committee user mindphlux. I will not vote for changes that affect witness pay.

Offline spartako

• View Profile

******* 0*******
    {"name":"transfer","api":[["cancel_all_subscriptions",4],["get_account_balances",21],["get_account_by_name",16],["get_account_count",20],["get_account_references",17],["get_accounts",14],["get_assets",26],["get_balance_objects",23],["get_blinded_balances",52],["get_block",6],["get_block_header",5],["get_call_orders",30],["get_chain_id",11],["get_chain_properties",8],["get_committee_member_by_account",40],["get_committee_members",39],["get_config",10],["get_dynamic_global_properties",12],["get_full_accounts",15],["get_global_properties",9],["get_key_references",13],["get_limit_orders",29],["get_margin_positions",32],["get_named_account_balances",22],["get_objects",0],["get_potential_signatures",46],["get_proposed_transactions",51],["get_required_fees",50],["get_required_signatures",45],["get_settle_orders",31],["get_transaction",7],["get_transaction_hex",44],["get_vested_balances",24],["get_vesting_balances",25],["get_witness_by_account",36],["get_witness_count",38],["get_witnesses",35],["get_workers_by_account",42],["list_assets",27],["lookup_account_names",18],["lookup_accounts",19],["lookup_asset_symbols",28],["lookup_committee_member_accounts",41],["lookup_vote_ids",43],["lookup_witness_accounts",37],["set_block_applied_callback",3],["set_pending_transaction_callback",2],["set_subscribe_callback",1],["subscribe_to_market",33],["unsubscribe_from_market",34],["validate_transaction",49],["verify_account_authority",48],["verify_authority",47]]}

Any idea?

You have to point to the wallet-url and not the witness url.
You can do that in this way for example:
./cli_wallet -w wallet.json --chain-id 0f8b631d7a9dfebf16d6776fab96b629a14429762bf9c3eb95db1e4e4af637a4  -s ws://127.0.0.1:8090 -r 127.0.0.1:8099

Moreover the accounts must be different because transfer doesn't work if you transfer to yourself. So create an other account (like bitcube1)
Unlock your wallet and use this command:
~/node-graphene# nodejs bin/flood.js bitcube bitcube1 ws://127.0.0.1:8099 200

Edit: at the beginning test with only 10 tx X block so you don't spend too much:

~/node-graphene# nodejs bin/flood.js bitcube bitcube1 ws://127.0.0.1:8099 10

You can see your results with:
~/node-graphene# nodejs bin/lastBlocks.js ws://127.0.0.1:8090 30
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 07:23:17 am by spartako »

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
I think I am producing blocks.  I am delighted!

Thank you all for your support!

1584002ms th_a       witness.cpp:176               block_production_loo ] Generated block #121017 with timestamp 2015-09-23T06:26:24 at time 2015-09-23T06:26:24

******* 0*******

Any idea?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 06:35:35 am by cube »
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline boombastic

• View Profile
    • AngelShares Explorer
What will happen if two witness node signing using same key due to any reason.  I understand that will cause fork, but if the witness is not voted down in a timely manner and keep doing that, what will that cause?  Will the network auto "kickoff" this witness?
http://bitshares.dacplay.org/r/boombastic
Support My Witness: mr.agsexplorer
BTC: 1Bb6V1UStz45QMAamjaX8rDjsnQnBpHvE8

Offline spartako

• View Profile
I was spamming the network alone with this simple code:

node bin/flood.js spartako spartako1 ws://127.0.0.1:8099 200

If more people join the spam I think we can reach great results

I got error messages.

module.js:340
    throw err;
          ^
Error: Cannot find module 'lib/'
    at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:338:15)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:280:25)
    at Module.require (module.js:364:17)
    at require (module.js:380:17)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/home/clayop/node-graphene/bin/flood.js:4:8)
    at Module._compile (module.js:456:26)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:474:10)
    at Module.load (module.js:356:32)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:312:12)
    at Function.Module.runMain (module.js:497:10)

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop

I got error messages.

module.js:340
    throw err;
          ^
Error: Cannot find module 'lib/'
    at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:338:15)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:280:25)
    at Module.require (module.js:364:17)
    at require (module.js:380:17)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/home/clayop/node-graphene/bin/flood.js:4:8)
    at Module._compile (module.js:456:26)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:474:10)
    at Module.load (module.js:356:32)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:312:12)
    at Function.Module.runMain (module.js:497:10)
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline spartako

• View Profile
I just observed some nice flooding of the network with a single block containing 192 transactions and during the flooding there were no missed blocks. 

There are currently 33 active witnesses most of which are on unique nodes with 100% participation. 

It looks like things have really stabilized with this test network which is a really good sign that 3 weeks from now the upgrade will go smoothly. 

Great work everyone, keep up the testing!

Offline bytemaster

I just observed some nice flooding of the network with a single block containing 192 transactions and during the flooding there were no missed blocks. 

There are currently 33 active witnesses most of which are on unique nodes with 100% participation. 

It looks like things have really stabilized with this test network which is a really good sign that 3 weeks from now the upgrade will go smoothly. 

Great work everyone, keep up the testing!
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

Stupid question: How do I create an account in the GUI? I've tried importing a .json and creating an account with the "Create Account" button. Does it need to be done via the Javascript CLI? I feel like I'm missing something obvious - hopefully not as bad as my IP address typo but....

Update: Seems this is a Firefox issue (at least my copy). Chrome displayed the two password fields as expected but still returns the same error.

Assuming you are on the welcome page, the problem is that it is configured for use with a faucet backend that isn't running on your computer.

We have just pushed an update that will allow you to register your account this way fixing this issue.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
My witnesses got out of sync 2 hours ago. Restart didn't fix it. Resyncing.
Will check the logs.

//Update:
1. resync worked.
2. issue submitted https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene/issues/336

I had the same issue.  My witness was out of sync again and I could not fix it by restarting too.  I have to resyn it.  It is now resynced.

Please vote for bitcube.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline Riverhead

Assuming you are on the welcome page, the problem is that it is configured for use with a faucet backend that isn't running on your computer.

That would be it. Thanks BM.

Offline bytemaster

Stupid question: How do I create an account in the GUI? I've tried importing a .json and creating an account with the "Create Account" button. Does it need to be done via the Javascript CLI? I feel like I'm missing something obvious - hopefully not as bad as my IP address typo but....

Update: Seems this is a Firefox issue (at least my copy). Chrome displayed the two password fields as expected but still returns the same error.