Author Topic: Test Net for Advanced Users  (Read 266436 times)

iHashFury

Getting up to speed with
Code: [Select]
update_witness and changing and updating servers.
I missed a few blocks ( due to lack of coffee and CORE :P )

### change/update witness server and signing key ###
# on synced node with open wallet
suggest_brain_key
{
  "brain_priv_key": "brain priv key brain priv key brain priv key brain priv key brain priv key brain priv key brain priv key brain priv key",
  "wif_priv_key": "wif_priv_keywif_priv_keywif_priv_keywif_priv_key",
  "pub_key": "pub_keypub_keypub_keypub_keypub_keypub_keypub_key"
}

import_key "delegate.ihashfury" "wif_priv_keywif_priv_keywif_priv_keywif_priv_key" true

# check new keys
dump_private_keys

# build and setup new witness server
# edit config.ini in data folder - add keys
witness_node -d testNet3 --resync-blockchain #--replay-blockchain

# wait untill new server is synced

#on synced node with open wallet
# update_witness(string witness_name, string url, string block_signing_key, bool broadcast)
update_witness delegate.ihashfury "http://bit.ly/ihashfury" "pub_keypub_keypub_keypub_keypub_keypub_keypub_key" true
I strip and copy cli_wallet and witness_node to ~/bin (easy to use different data folders)

0.9.3 wallet_export_keys and import into graphene worked without issues.

Will try a get a new Ubuntu server up today with feeds

A few noob questions using https://graphene.bitshares.org

Can you change the wallet password?
Where can you delete say the default wallet to create a new one?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 11:19:37 am by iHashFury »

Offline jtme

jtm1 is also updated and needs some votes to get back.

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
Witness bitcube updated to latest master.

You have to point to the wallet-url and not the witness url.

/facepalm of course. Still on my first cup of coffee :P.

facepalm indeed.  It now makes sense to me.  Thank you.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 06:46:39 am by cube »
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline betax

• View Profile

Missing some blocks - playing around with update_witness command and using past, present, and new keys.
1) On 1st server blocks are being signed.
1) On 2nd server I launched the witness_node with new keys.
2) On 2nd server I started a client with a new wallet
4) On 2nd server I import_key "riverhead" "privatekeyhere" and it returns "false"
5) On 2nd server if I type "list_my_accounts" I see riverhead but it has the key from server 1 (the active witness key)
6) On 2nd server if I type "dump_private_keys" I see the pub/priv key pair from step 4
7) On 2nd server type: update_witness "riverhead" "publickeyfromstep 4" which returns:

update_witness riverhead "" "GPH5AB42MtMGrcnjtgSjwSp7T6u79Te3FnGKC5gj7vdUKNQ9hU1AL" true
10 assert_exception: Assert Exception
it != _keys.end():
    {}
    th_a  wallet.cpp:602 get_private_key

{"witness_name":"riverhead","url":"","block_signing_key":"GPH5AB42MtMGrcnjtgSjwSp7T6u79Te3FnGKC5gj7vdUKNQ9hU1AL","broadcast":true}
    th_a  wallet.cpp:1401 update_witness
unlocked >>>

Dumping private keys on the 2nd server returns the pub/priv key for the U1AL pair.

Hi,

Similar steps, but in the same server.

1. Update / compile previous installation in another directory.
2. Run witness / not producing blocks to sync
3. Open client pointing to original witness
4. suggest_brain_key
5. Close new witness and restart with new port for rpc, and new key pair.
6. Back to client (still running) and update_witness betaxtrade "" "PUBLIC KEY" true
7. Get witness, and signing key is the new one
8. Run a few times get witness to see i am producing blocks

9. Confusing part.. dump_private_keys has the old one.

10. Stop other witness
11. Start cli with new port

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline roadscape

witness roadscape updated
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline bytemaster

Is the total_votes object listed above the correct one I should be looking at to asses the state of my witness(active or standby)?
If your witness is already listed in the active witnesses list, yes, the total_votes object for your witness shows a correct number (which is calculated at last maintenance point); else, no, the number may or may not be correct (which is calculated at the time when your witness was still in active witnesses list, or 0 if it's never in the list).
I don't know if there is an API to get correct 'total_votes' of standby witnesses.

We don't store vote totals at this point in time.

Thanks. So the witness was voted out, and once it was no longer active, that value was not updated. Makes sense. Would someone be willing to vote my witness back in?  :)

delegate-1.lafona

Done
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

Is it best practice to git install ntp on the witness node, or does Graphene have a built in time syncing protocol?

It is best practice to have NTP or PTP installed... to get to 1 second blocks we will need PTP installed on all witness nodes using a single source.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Riverhead

Missing some blocks - playing around with update_witness command and using past, present, and new keys.
1) On 1st server blocks are being signed.
1) On 2nd server I launched the witness_node with new keys.
2) On 2nd server I started a client with a new wallet
4) On 2nd server I import_key "riverhead" "privatekeyhere" and it returns "false"
5) On 2nd server if I type "list_my_accounts" I see riverhead but it has the key from server 1 (the active witness key)
6) On 2nd server if I type "dump_private_keys" I see the pub/priv key pair from step 4
7) On 2nd server type: update_witness "riverhead" "publickeyfromstep 4" which returns:

update_witness riverhead "" "GPH5AB42MtMGrcnjtgSjwSp7T6u79Te3FnGKC5gj7vdUKNQ9hU1AL" true
10 assert_exception: Assert Exception
it != _keys.end():
    {}
    th_a  wallet.cpp:602 get_private_key

{"witness_name":"riverhead","url":"","block_signing_key":"GPH5AB42MtMGrcnjtgSjwSp7T6u79Te3FnGKC5gj7vdUKNQ9hU1AL","broadcast":true}
    th_a  wallet.cpp:1401 update_witness
unlocked >>>

Dumping private keys on the 2nd server returns the pub/priv key for the U1AL pair.

Offline Fox

Is it best practice to git install ntp on the witness node, or does Graphene have a built in time syncing protocol?
Witness: fox

Offline lafona

• View Profile
  • BitShares: lafona
Is the total_votes object listed above the correct one I should be looking at to asses the state of my witness(active or standby)?
If your witness is already listed in the active witnesses list, yes, the total_votes object for your witness shows a correct number (which is calculated at last maintenance point); else, no, the number may or may not be correct (which is calculated at the time when your witness was still in active witnesses list, or 0 if it's never in the list).
I don't know if there is an API to get correct 'total_votes' of standby witnesses.

We don't store vote totals at this point in time.

Thanks. So the witness was voted out, and once it was no longer active, that value was not updated. Makes sense. Would someone be willing to vote my witness back in?  :)

delegate-1.lafona
BTS Witnesses: delegate-1.lafona     Witness Thread: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,21569.msg280911/topicseen.html#msg280911
MUSE Witness: lafona

Offline Riverhead

Offline theoretical

Can anyone explain why vesting balance objects would show up differently on different nodes?  On my main active witness node (with no keys loaded into the cli_wallet I get...

This definitely shouldn't be.  It's a known bug that we're trying to track down.  Thanks for this data -- it may allow me to rule out a hypothesis about what's happening.
BTS- theoretical / PTS- PZxpdC8RqWsdU3pVJeobZY7JFKVPfNpy5z / BTC- 1NfGejohzoVGffAD1CnCRgo9vApjCU2viY / the delegate formerly known as drltc / Nothing said on these forums is intended to be legally binding / All opinions are my own unless otherwise noted / Take action due to my posts at your own risk

Offline Fox

Witness: fox

Offline ElMato

• View Profile

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
Are we on git checkout master or test3c?
I'm on master
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads