Author Topic: All my 5,400,000 notes are gone. wuz the f*** wrong with this bts wallet?  (Read 5648 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
the reason for this was TITAN .. which will not be enabled by default in BTS2 ..
no more inaccessible funds from derived but lost keys ..

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline kickky

• View Profile
What you need to do is this:

Code: [Select]
wallet_regenerate_keys ACCOUNT-NAME 10500

Then, wait for the client to rescan the blockchain.

It works, xeroc
many hugs!
花爷PTS钱包地址:PmUahfrEvADd7KewwpcZwNBg6LNGgzCyAG
花爷比特币钱包地址:1Ggfyb5HN6Eb7S5j3zax3NpQ4V6ZWStHeh

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
can you please answer people trying to help you instead of talking to yourself?

There is a command for the console (advanced settings) similar to

Wallet_market_order_list

Does it return something?

Btw .. keep cool .. the wallet NEVER LOSES a thing!!

Offline kickky

• View Profile
that is the problem, there is no order for me to cancel in the market. and i tried to other orders to bid. the other orders works fine, which i am able to cancel.

yes i have an open order
at price 0.21

5400000 is my order.

u still can see the order.

thats it

nothing in my account i can cancel the order

I don't understand what the problem is. When you place an order it is withdrawn from your accessible balance and placed into your open order balance. If you cancel the order, the balance is returned.

Also the play wallet doesn't work for me at all. I was not even able to import my balances. The bitshares wallet has issues on windows computers. It does not loose money, however. Calm down.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
What you need to do is this:

Code: [Select]
wallet_regenerate_keys ACCOUNT-NAME 10500

Then, wait for the client to rescan the blockchain.

clout

yes i have an open order
at price 0.21

5400000 is my order.

u still can see the order.

thats it

nothing in my account i can cancel the order

I don't understand what the problem is. When you place an order it is withdrawn from your accessible balance and placed into your open order balance. If you cancel the order, the balance is returned.

Also the play wallet doesn't work for me at all. I was not even able to import my balances. The bitshares wallet has issues on windows computers. It does not loose money, however. Calm down.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Depending on the age of your backup you may need to manually regenerate some keys .. it is quite simple and deacribed in detail in the wiki.bitshares.org under RecoverFunds

iirc you nees to run wallet_regenerate_keys for the account that is supposed to have the notea in an order or a trade and need to rescan the blockchain again ..

Offline kickky

• View Profile
Do you have an open order or what? Please explain a little more what you did .. cant help otherwise

ok now, still can't see my notes from anywhere

its still gone!

Offline Buck Fankers

• Under New Management
    • View Profile
    • TuckFheman.com
  • BitShares: buckfankers
You trying to restore from backup, can you tell date of your backup, if it's too old (Jan-Feb 2015) you should use BitShares 4.x in order to restore it.

Thanks for that! Quoting for my own future reference.

Offline kickky

• View Profile
omg, i just retored using C:\Users\Kick\AppData\Roaming\BitShares\wallets\.backups\default file

2015/07 i got the same error message!

now i can't restore my wallet as well as loging in. flashes one sec nothing happens

i mean, play wallet only come out for months seem to work. bts wallet has almost two years. yet still so many bugs

Play wallet based at same toolkit so has same bugs, the difference with Play wallet only in fact that Play wallet doesn't have market and assets.
You trying to restore from backup, can you tell date of your backup, if it's too old (Jan-Feb 2015) you should use BitShares 4.x in order to restore it.

Offline kickky

• View Profile
and i can't even log on rite now. i input my password. what happens now is it loads for less one sec and nothing happeneds. using 0.9.2

now i can't restore my wallet as well as loging in. flashes one sec nothing happens

i mean, play wallet only come out for months seem to work. bts wallet has almost two years. yet still so many bugs

Play wallet based at same toolkit so has same bugs, the difference with Play wallet only in fact that Play wallet doesn't have market and assets.

Offline kickky

• View Profile
then how come i am able to import my wallet at the first place? i think i used the same file to import

Offline kickky

• View Profile
and i can't even log on rite now. i input my password. what happens now is it loads for less one sec and nothing happeneds. using 0.9.2