Author Topic: Brownie distribution  (Read 6550 times)

Tuck Fheman

So can BM or Fuzzy do something like this? During their mumble at some point they mention a "magic" word which forums members can then fill somewhere to prove participation? This will be a much fairer distribution I think..

+5%

I've seen fuzzy discussing something very similar over the past few weeks on slack. It shouldn't be long before we have a better solution in place.

Sounds good? or is someone alse already working on it?

+5%
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 12:27:19 pm by Tuck Fheman »

Offline JA

• View Profile
I can set up a form page on bb.org where people can fill in their  forum user id ( eg. u=602).
And it will get the bts id and mumble username fields (we have to ask a forum admin to add this one) and adds it to a database.
After that the mumble host or admin can press a button when the hangout is running and a script will check whos online and will save it.
After the hangout is over a host/admin can click on a payout button and it will send out the brownies.
A page would be available on bb.org that shows the past hangouts including the users who were there and if the brownies are sent out.

So at the end a host/admin only has to click two buttons (once during the hangout and once after the hangout) to handle the whole thing.
I remember in LTB that in order to prove participation, on their interviews at some point there was a "magic" word mentioned. they could fill then that "magic" word and they proved that way that they indeed listened..
I think those ideas are awesome  +5%
ok
how about this.
you visit bb.org after the hangout.
type in your forum id and the magic word.
your bts account name is taken from your forum profile and you must have at least eg .100 posts

that would also be fully automatic

Offline DestBest

I can set up a form page on bb.org where people can fill in their  forum user id ( eg. u=602).
And it will get the bts id and mumble username fields (we have to ask a forum admin to add this one) and adds it to a database.
After that the mumble host or admin can press a button when the hangout is running and a script will check whos online and will save it.
After the hangout is over a host/admin can click on a payout button and it will send out the brownies.
A page would be available on bb.org that shows the past hangouts including the users who were there and if the brownies are sent out.

So at the end a host/admin only has to click two buttons (once during the hangout and once after the hangout) to handle the whole thing.
I remember in LTB that in order to prove participation, on their interviews at some point there was a "magic" word mentioned. they could fill then that "magic" word and they proved that way that they indeed listened..
I think those ideas are awesome  +5%
BitShares French ConneXion, le portail francophone BitShares.
BitShares French ConneXion, the BitShares french gateway.
www.bitsharesfcx.com

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
The only thing that I found not fair with the Brownie distribution is mumble attendance. But happens for the people that can not attend any mumble on Friday because the time is not good? I for once never attend any mumble but I always listen to it later on and I am always in the forums. Can we find a solution for people like me? That they can prove somehow that they listened to the mumble?

So can BM or Fuzzy do something like this? During their mumble at some point they mention a "magic" word which forums members can then fill somewhere to prove participation? This will be a much fairer distribution I think..

Offline testz

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline emailtooaj

I think this is a awesome solution. Simple and eloquent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

Offline JA

• View Profile

(and it kinda can prevent  sybil attacks by checking a minimum of required posts to be able to recieve brownies eg. 100 or something and prevent idle farmers by checking how long they have been online eg. >6h before hangout (a reconnect will reset this))

Sounds good? or is someone alse already working on it?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 10:40:01 am by jabbajabbaつ◕_◕つ »