Author Topic: What happened to Moonstone.io?  (Read 4065 times)

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
Can someone explain the benefit of having these developers work on another GUI when the current one still needs developers to improve it. As I see it, moonstone.io offers no added value.

There's some value in creating simplified, possibly BitAsset specific front ends.

The DEX is fairly simple, but it and BitAsset trading is still complicated to many crypto-currency familiar users, never mind mainstream consumers. So I think it will need simplified front ends to gain traction.

Competitors like NuShares and Tether are focused on simply providing a dollar based BitAsset & wallet as there's significant potential simply in focusing on that.

A site like NuBits for BitUSD could do very well. (If it was more liquid.) https://nubits.com

There's also some value in creating a front end social media users would be more familiar with and possibly integrating it more on that area, IIRC that seemed to be the spirit/angle their previous designs seemed to be going for.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 12:34:32 am by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

clout

I talked with them, they're working on it and they said it should take ~2 months. It will be a simple interface at first but they're looking into doing more work as to provide us with a trader like interface in the future.
Thanks!

I think a simple UI is enough. No need to spend too much time for the little group of profesional trader.
Just remember that "little group of professional traders" is who brings liquidity to the table. And without liquidity the bit-assets (i.e. SmartCoins) are just useless.

IMO it goes like this:
good trading interface -> liquidity -> SmartCoins become practical -> normal users start using BTS
Liquidity comes from market makers not traders.Volume comes from traders. Besides I'll bet you 1,000 BitUSD that moonstone does not provide a better UI than what we currently have.

Please define "better" so that we can judge the winner in this bet.

Better is obviously qualitatively. Perhaps we can use the number of ppl using each wallet as a metric. Honestly, I'd bet that the moonstone wallet never gets released. They didn't have enough funding for the first wallet. They surely don't have enough to make the upgrade to 2.0

Offline onceuponatime

I talked with them, they're working on it and they said it should take ~2 months. It will be a simple interface at first but they're looking into doing more work as to provide us with a trader like interface in the future.
Thanks!

I think a simple UI is enough. No need to spend too much time for the little group of profesional trader.
Just remember that "little group of professional traders" is who brings liquidity to the table. And without liquidity the bit-assets (i.e. SmartCoins) are just useless.

IMO it goes like this:
good trading interface -> liquidity -> SmartCoins become practical -> normal users start using BTS
Liquidity comes from market makers not traders.Volume comes from traders. Besides I'll bet you 1,000 BitUSD that moonstone does not provide a better UI than what we currently have.

Please define "better" so that we can judge the winner in this bet.

clout

Thanks!

IMO it goes like this:

Offline Helikopterben

• View Profile

IMO it goes like this:

Good point!  +5%

+5%

clout

Can someone explain the benefit of having these developers work on another GUI when the current one still needs developers to improve it. As I see it, moonstone.io offers no added value.

The value is an alternative, decentralization. Having just one UI is of less value in the long term.

Besides, they've already been paid, and they are going with a different technology.

Redundancy doesn't add value... Also how are they going with a different technology? The core tech is the same the only difference is that their GUI might be more buggy or less secure than the one created by the devs. It actually makes zero sense. At the very least the should be working in conjunction with the devs.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

The value is an alternative, decentralization. Having just one UI is of less value in the long term.

Besides, they've already been paid, and they are going with a different technology.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

clout

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Are they making the Bitshares 2.0 interface?

https://moonstone.io/
Not the "official" one .. or let's put it that way: They seem to develop an alternative to graphene-ui

Any proof? Where is the github?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

IMO it goes like this:

Good point!  +5%

Offline xiahui135

• View Profile
Thanks!

IMO it goes like this:
Yes, this may work.
I mean simple, mean it is a good UI for most people ease to use.

jakub

Thanks!

IMO it goes like this:

Offline xiahui135

• View Profile
Thanks!

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 11:09:38 am by Akado »

Offline xiahui135

• View Profile
when will the moonstone wallet out?

Or is it alive?