Author Topic: About BItshares 2.0 Snapshot  (Read 2755 times)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Thanks guys!

Was hoping to just withdraw all when fully vested. Anyone kept track of when that is? Seem to have 18 months in my head...?

15 more months.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline pseudoscops

Thanks guys!

Was hoping to just withdraw all when fully vested. Anyone kept track of when that is? Seem to have 18 months in my head...?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
AFAIK .. they will still be vested though

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Does anyone know if I need to worry about my vesting shares or should I claim them before the upgrade?

My understanding is you don't have to worry about that. Just use the new 2.0 client, import wallet, and the developers take care of everything else.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline pseudoscops

Does anyone know if I need to worry about my vesting shares or should I claim them before the upgrade?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
That is not entirely true.. Your  funds will be most probably worth much more than today  ;)
From an outside perspective .. hopefully, yes!!

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
It really is "just" an upgrade of the underlying technology .. not a "real snapshot" ..
The devs used to call this a "pitch fork" because it resets the blockchain at zero and initializes it with the state of the old chain.

For you (and for anyone else) holding any asset in BTS0.9, nothing will change in regards to your funds .. you will only see a much stronger technology!

That is not entirely true.. Your  funds will be most probably worth much more than today  ;)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
It really is "just" an upgrade of the underlying technology .. not a "real snapshot" ..
The devs used to call this a "pitch fork" because it resets the blockchain at zero and initializes it with the state of the old chain.

For you (and for anyone else) holding any asset in BTS0.9, nothing will change in regards to your funds .. you will only see a much stronger technology!

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
BitShares is restarting with totally new software (2.0) and a new blockchain starting with a new genesis block, which will be snapshotted from the existing distribution of BTS and BitAssets.

The benefit is that the new software is cleaner, faster and easier to monetize by cryptonomex which will support the development of BitShares with less need for further dilution.

Offline kickky

• View Profile
What really the snapshot is about? like the bts snapshot before? wuz the difference? wuz the gain for bts holders from the snapshot?

thx
花爷PTS钱包地址:PmUahfrEvADd7KewwpcZwNBg6LNGgzCyAG
花爷比特币钱包地址:1Ggfyb5HN6Eb7S5j3zax3NpQ4V6ZWStHeh