Author Topic: BWAPP (Bitshares web apps)  (Read 1591 times)

Offline betax

• View Profile
That is great news, Ill have a look once you publish something (if not already). Personally I am not after anything BTW.

The main Bitshares wallet is built in React connecting to witnesses using web sockets. In a similar it could provide a simple set of React components that could be easily plugged in any website (for listing, managing assets), business could use this as a basis for further development / customisation of their applications.

The web sockets api / rest api should be provided as a bitshares wallet service, and provide SSO using Oath / 2FA to access the user wallet.

Of course if they don't provide this, another wallet could do this.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bulletproof

What is the ask here @betax? Do you need a PHP API or something - and/or oauth support in BitShares 2.0?

FYI I am working on a Ruby gem which will provide access to the graphene API (is BitShares < 1.0 only right now). This should allow Rails apps to show/allow payment in customer assets, for example. I'll look at asset-holder oauth access once I'm a bit further along - don't know if this is possible. If it is, perhaps all we need is language libraries for other web app frameworks.
Everything is awesome, or if it isn't it ought to be.

Offline betax

• View Profile
There has been lot of talk about custom wallets and their licensing, but I would like to go up on step on the chain and see a simple example for any business to  be able to create / view and display their assets on their web application.  This can help both on attracting developers and business to Bitshares.

Very simple use case (can be prediction markets, whatever) : Note I = Example of business not me.

I have an e-commerce site, and would like to issue some vouchers / tokens to preferred customers. Customers should be able to pay using these tokens, and see their current balance on the web application. Of course some simple administration area will be required for maintenance, balances etc.

I don't want to handle any authentication / wallet management / etc. In the same way as Paypal, Facebook etc I just want the user to easily  sign in using oath.

As a business this will benefit me, as most of the infrastructure is not managed by me, it will be a total BAaaS (Bitshares Assets as a Service), and I will potentially get referral fees for new customers for Bitshares.

If we step this a level, web developers and business can have split accounts to share referral revenues.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 04:49:28 pm by betax »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads