Author Topic: Bitshares Devs, have a look at the Robinhood app.  (Read 3999 times)

Offline brainbug

• View Profile
This is the future of finance: virtualization of securities, etc (direct marketing of every! financial product directly b2c). That is our turn, now!

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
This Robinhood ad is a very good piece of advertising. The actor, the message, the language - one can feel there is a thought-out vision behind this product.
Can we produce such things within the referral program and DPOSHUB? I seriously doubt it.

Example:
If I reached out to Russel Brand and convinced him (or hired him) to actively support BitShares and most people in the community thought it was a bad idea to have him associated with BitShares - how would you prevent it? I could have good intentions but in your eyes I'll be doing a lot of damage.

Having no coordinated marketing, not even some general guidelines is a disaster waiting to happen.
I've been banging about it for some time now but nobody seems to take much notice. What is prevailing is the fear of "centralized marketing" and a general feeling that this issue is going to sort itself out.

Can't Bitshares be different to different people or communities? I don't like some of what is on the Internet but I still use it and it is a global tool.

So are we going to position BitShares as the "internet of on-line payments and financial services"?
That's a very ambitious aim. I'm not saying it's wrong but it might be overambitious at this initial stage.
I'm more inclined to think that at this stage some marketing training wheels are needed just get us off the ground and then once we start flying we might loosen them up.

I see what you mean, training wheels. You're probably right. A unified message/strategy in order to boost the network effect initially. I always struggle to see Bitshares like that because of it's versatility. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't try harder to get it right.

jakub

This Robinhood ad is a very good piece of advertising. The actor, the message, the language - one can feel there is a thought-out vision behind this product.
Can we produce such things within the referral program and DPOSHUB? I seriously doubt it.

Example:
If I reached out to Russel Brand and convinced him (or hired him) to actively support BitShares and most people in the community thought it was a bad idea to have him associated with BitShares - how would you prevent it? I could have good intentions but in your eyes I'll be doing a lot of damage.

Having no coordinated marketing, not even some general guidelines is a disaster waiting to happen.
I've been banging about it for some time now but nobody seems to take much notice. What is prevailing is the fear of "centralized marketing" and a general feeling that this issue is going to sort itself out.

Can't Bitshares be different to different people or communities? I don't like some of what is on the Internet but I still use it and it is a global tool.

So are we going to position BitShares as the "internet of on-line payments and financial services"?
That's a very ambitious aim. I'm not saying it's wrong but it might be overambitious at this initial stage.
I'm more inclined to think that at this stage some marketing training wheels are needed just get us off the ground and then once we start flying we might loosen them up.

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo

Example:

jakub

Example:

Offline ag

• View Profile
Interesting... Bitshares should make stocks even easier to trade than Robinhood (or ETF's that is).

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
This is how the Bitshares 2.0 interface could look and how it could be marketed to millennials.

https://vimeo.com/87163777
https://www.robinhood.com/
https://support.robinhood.com/hc/en-us/articles/202853579-Robinhood-s-story
Startup Insider: The Story Behind Stock Trading App Robinhood and Its One Million-Person Waitlist: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-ongchoco/startup-insider-the-story_b_7976446.html
How Robinhood makes money:
https://support.robinhood.com/hc/en-us/articles/202853769-How-Robinhood-makes-money

Robinhood has raised $66 million from NEA, Index Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Vaizra Investments, Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, Social Leverage, Box CEO Aaron Levie, Path CEO Dave Morin, Jared Leto, Snoop Dogg, Linkin Park, and Nas, which gives us the freedom to focus on building an outstanding experience rather than short-term profits.

People see celebrities own it and then they want to get involved. It's strange marketing psychology but it seems to be what Tidal is doing.  This way their fans can support their favorite celebrities by using the app?

Peertracks and Bitshares 2.0 can learn a lot from Robinhood and Tidal when it comes to marketing.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 06:39:32 am by luckybit »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads