Author Topic: Private BitAssets in 2.0?  (Read 1444 times)

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Hmm I just realised that anyone can already setup themselves as a central betting house - you just publish prices on a website and receive payments in BitUSD (or Bitcoin) and simply send back a payment if the bet was profitable.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Also, having private BitAssets doesnt solve the liquidity problem - if I publish 1000 price feeds it will dilute trading into 1000 different markets. The solution to this is private price feeds that post collateral, allowing anyone to take the other side of the bet.

This is equivalent to spread betting as it is known in the UK. The spread betting company provides access to thousands of different markets because it just gives a BID & ASK price and act as central counterparty to everyone's bets.

Can we have spread betting (for want of a better name) in BitShares? It would solve the problem of everyone having to dump their BTS whenever they want to speculate on other things for which there is no BitAsset or insufficient volume for.

Will Bitshares 2.0 have margin trading? Leverage?  They can take loans and buy stuff?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
But I seriously suggest to anyone planning private BitAssets to avoid provoking Hollywood. Hollywood is one of the most powerful if not the single most powerful political lobby in the United States. You want Hollywood on your side.

This would mean respecting copyright law, intellectual property, on the Bitshares network if possible. This way it's easier to collaborate with Hollywood later on for the benefit of Bitshares 2.0 BitAssets.

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
Private BitAssets: one entity publishes his price feeds into the blockchain without having to worry about paying a huge registration fee OR getting a median of 100 delegates - more efficient if you trust that entity.

Questions:
-Are they available from the release of 2.0?
-Has anyone confirmed they are going to be publishing private BitAssets for
--stocks? (Because the SEC will love it)
--Ethereum? (If you want to flirt with Ether do it here FFS)

On a related note I was watching Max Keiser the other day and he was talking about how his Box Office futures market was outlawed because the film industry didnt like it. He then mentioned decentralized prediction markets, and of course he mentioned Auger and not us. BitAssets for film box office revenue would stir a lot of attention. (Who wouldnt want to short an Adam Sandler movie?)

There are plans, that is all I'm willing to say.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
Also, having private BitAssets doesnt solve the liquidity problem - if I publish 1000 price feeds it will dilute trading into 1000 different markets. The solution to this is private price feeds that post collateral, allowing anyone to take the other side of the bet.

This is equivalent to spread betting as it is known in the UK. The spread betting company provides access to thousands of different markets because it just gives a BID & ASK price and act as central counterparty to everyone's bets.

Can we have spread betting (for want of a better name) in BitShares? It would solve the problem of everyone having to dump their BTS whenever they want to speculate on other things for which there is no BitAsset or insufficient volume for.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 02:33:39 pm by speedy »

Offline speedy

• View Profile
Private BitAssets: one entity publishes his price feeds into the blockchain without having to worry about paying a huge registration fee OR getting a median of 100 delegates - more efficient if you trust that entity.

Questions:
-Are they available from the release of 2.0?
-Has anyone confirmed they are going to be publishing private BitAssets for
--stocks? (Because the SEC will love it)
--Ethereum? (If you want to flirt with Ether do it here FFS)

On a related note I was watching Max Keiser the other day and he was talking about how his Box Office futures market was outlawed because the film industry didnt like it. He then mentioned decentralized prediction markets, and of course he mentioned Auger and not us. BitAssets for film box office revenue would stir a lot of attention. (Who wouldnt want to short an Adam Sandler movie?)