Author Topic: web wallet access  (Read 2404 times)

Offline jamesc

Any chance you guys can add support for 51 char length memos?

I'm getting a few support requests to metaexchange saying people are getting this error:

jslib_chain.memo_too_long
Not so easy...  Here is an explanation...
https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-js/issues/92#issuecomment-138371687

Offline monsterer

Any chance you guys can add support for 51 char length memos?

I'm getting a few support requests to metaexchange saying people are getting this error:

jslib_chain.memo_too_long
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
that did work. Thank you very much both! :) :) :)

I am wondering last time what happened when i tried to recover a previous web wallet.. I may have misstyped the words so that wallet is gone forever..The good thing was that it was empty at least, but i did like the name i had registered..

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Thank u fav.but r u sure about this? I should just put the 12 words and a new password and it will work? So in order for someone to access this wallet they only need the 12 words and not the password? What happens if something goes wrong? Is there a way to recover my wallet? I have another web wallet when at some point I cleared the browser history and never got able to recover it with only the 12 words so I want to make sure that I will not do the same mistake twice.can someone please advise / confirm?
thanks.

like @xeroc said: those 12 seed words are very secure.

you can download the wallet if you want a hard/soft copy. it's under advanced

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Thank u fav.but r u sure about this? I should just put the 12 words and a new password and it will work? So in order for someone to access this wallet they only need the 12 words and not the password?
Yes sir! Keep the 12 words VERY secure!

What happens if something goes wrong? Is there a way to recover my wallet? I have another web wallet when at some point I cleared the browser history and never got able to recover it with only the 12 words so I want to make sure that I will not do the same mistake twice.can someone please advise / confirm?
thanks.
All you need is the 12 words!

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Thank u fav.but r u sure about this? I should just put the 12 words and a new password and it will work? So in order for someone to access this wallet they only need the 12 words and not the password? What happens if something goes wrong? Is there a way to recover my wallet? I have another web wallet when at some point I cleared the browser history and never got able to recover it with only the 12 words so I want to make sure that I will not do the same mistake twice.can someone please advise / confirm?
thanks.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Hi

I am trying to access my web wallet using another machine. If i put the password it says wrong password.If I press "recover " wallet using the recovery key it says afterwards to put a passowrd to create a wallet. Last time I did that I lost any access to my web wallet. I do not want to create a new web wallet. I just want to use my existing wallet in another machine. How do I do that?
thanks

use the recover button and enter the seed words. then you're prompted to add a local password and you should be able to access your wallet

Offline jamesc

It is okay to create the wallet on the new machine. This really happens locally inside of the browser just like a program you install.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Hi

I am trying to access my web wallet using another machine. If i put the password it says wrong password.If I press "recover " wallet using the recovery key it says afterwards to put a passowrd to create a wallet. Last time I did that I lost any access to my web wallet. I do not want to create a new web wallet. I just want to use my existing wallet in another machine. How do I do that?
thanks