Author Topic: 1500 PTS - Bitcoin clone with Dividends, POS, and Signature POW [CANCELED]  (Read 16741 times)

Offline bytemaster

Is this still active?

Given the state of DPOS I see no reason to maintain this.   I'll close it down.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline barwizi

• Noirbits, NoirShares, NoirEx.....lol, noir anyone?
    • View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
--Bar--  PiNEJGUv4AZVZkLuF6hV4xwbYTRp5etWWJ

The magical land of crypto, no freebies people.

Offline bytemaster

A transaction need not have the proper hash to be included..., but if it does have the proper hash then the coindays destroyed count toward the block.

you want it to calculate coindays destroyed per transaction and use that to factor in as stake?

so if a tx destroys 1000 coin days, the PoW block gets an extra small % in coin representing the TaPoS?

There are no PoW blocks... if you look at the code in BitShares X you will see how I calculate it...  but it comes down to this:

If a transaction includes the proper prior hash (one of the last 2 blocks) then its CDD are counted toward that block.  Every block to be produced must have at least AVAILABLE_CDD / BLOCKS_PER_YEAR  destroyed.     

The AVAILABLE_CDD is calculated on a continuous basis as PREV_AVAILABLE_CDD - CDD_DESTROYED + MONEY SUPPLY every block. 

Every block reserves the first transaction to be the 'miners transaction' in which the miner can contribute their own CDD.  This transaction may only have one output.

Every block then contains a Miners Reward Transaction which must pay to the same address as the miners transaction and the amount paid is:

PAID_TO_MINER = TOTAL_FEES * MINERS_CDD / TOTAL_CDD  (or less).
SHARE_SUPPLY -= TOTAL_FEES - PAID_TO_MINER 

And that is the algorithm in a nutshell.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
A transaction need not have the proper hash to be included..., but if it does have the proper hash then the coindays destroyed count toward the block.

you want it to calculate coindays destroyed per transaction and use that to factor in as stake?

so if a tx destroys 1000 coin days, the PoW block gets an extra small % in coin representing the TaPoS?

Offline bytemaster

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
I've added block height into transactions, but now i need to figure out how to make a check for it.
Not the block height... the hash of the prior block.

oh, ok done. but now i just need to write a check for it.

maybe

Code: [Select]
// TaPOS check if tx has correct block number   
        if (block.hash != (pblock->hashPrevBlock))
        return state.DoS(10, error("CTransaction::CheckTransaction() : TaPoS failed"));
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 12:16:46 am by barwizi »

Offline bytemaster

I've added block height into transactions, but now i need to figure out how to make a check for it.
Not the block height... the hash of the prior block.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
I think you should be able to get the bounty with just signature POW. Was the TAPOS requirement added while the bounty was in [PENDING] or [ACTIVE]?
[ACTIVE] but i find the TaPOS quite intriguing, i'll see what he says.

indeed it would be really great if you could get bounty before snapshot! Knock on wood!
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
I think you should be able to get the bounty with just signature POW. Was the TAPOS requirement added while the bounty was in [PENDING] or [ACTIVE]?
[ACTIVE] but i find the TaPOS quite intriguing, i'll see what he says.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
i may have a ""testing"" version in two/3 days. wish i could make it in time for the snapshot.

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
Do you still need this?

It should use TaPOS rather than Signature... but yes, this would be nice.

looking into it, will report back soon.

The concept of Poof-of-Stake

Well, it seems in this case we need to change a lot, i'll take a good read of your paper. I want to ask though, signing tx with previous block hashes even truncated ones has the potential to bloat the blockchain way beyond what bitcoin is now in less than a year. the current hard limit of 7tps was put in place to temporarily forestall this issue. Also tx are made up of other tx, all of which is stored on the blockchain, this system makes for a slow and very bandwidth reliant blockchain.

We could resolve this by creating two types of clients, one that runs the full node and is heavily compensated and another "lite" client for the average user. This however brings up issue of DoS attacks targeting the back-bone nodes.

Let me keep reading and i'll see what i come up with, this however already looks like a pretty large project. I
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 10:13:48 pm by barwizi »

Offline bytemaster

Do you still need this?

It should use TaPOS rather than Signature... but yes, this would be nice.