Author Topic: 100 BitUSD to First Person to Publish a working Price Feed Script for Graphene  (Read 10832 times)

Offline bytemaster

I'm still unclear on who will be publishing feeds for assets?  I was under the impression that this would be something workers would do.  Is this something I will be expected to do as a witness?  Not that I mind or anything, just looking for clarity.
Witnesses publish for the network.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
I'm still unclear on who will be publishing feeds for assets?  I was under the impression that this would be something workers would do.  Is this something I will be expected to do as a witness?  Not that I mind or anything, just looking for clarity.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline svk

is there bta in genesis block in bts 2.0?
Yes, all assets transfer over as is, including bit assets.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
This is what you need

Code: [Select]
/** Publishes a price feed for the named asset. * * Price feed providers use this command to publish their price feeds for market-issued assets. A price feed is * used to tune the market for a particular market-issued asset. For each value in the feed, the median across all * committee_member feeds for that asset is calculated and the market for the asset is configured with the median of that * value. * * The feed object in this command contains three prices: a call price limit, a short price limit, and a settlement price. * The call limit price is structured as (collateral asset) / (debt asset) and the short limit price is structured * as (asset for sale) / (collateral asset). Note that the asset IDs are opposite to eachother, so if we're * publishing a feed for USD, the call limit price will be CORE/USD and the short limit price will be USD/CORE. The * settlement price may be flipped either direction, as long as it is a ratio between the market-issued asset and * its collateral. * * @param publishing_account the account publishing the price feed * @param symbol the name or id of the asset whose feed we're publishing * @param feed the price_feed object containing the three prices making up the feed * @param broadcast true to broadcast the transaction on the network * @returns the signed transaction updating the price feed for the given asset */ signed_transaction publish_asset_feed(string publishing_account, string symbol, price_feed feed, bool broadcast = false);

I'll try to work out a basic script tomorrow .. but I dont have much time this week ..

wallet.hpp line 930

Offline bytemaster

We are looking for testers who will publish a BitUSD price feed in graphene.  You will need to be an elected witness to publish the feed.

You can either provide the script to an existing witness tester or become a tester yourself. 

Unfortunately there is little documentation on HOW to do this right now, hence the bounty.   Xeroc may be able to help.

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.