Author Topic: Agenda - Global Money Transfer Summit 2015 in London  (Read 4488 times)

Offline brownie.pts

• HUGS.
    • View Profile
I Appreciate YOU

38PTSWarrior

I knew that you would rip it! Hello new forum watchers, thanks CCEDK!

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210
Good Luck with your speech tomorrow. It would be great if some MTO´s get interested in Bitshares.

Looking forward to a cool Video to share!

Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Good luck Ronny for tomorrow! You will rock it for sure !!!
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Tuck Fheman

Tuck, just saw your icon and my coffee nearly came out my nose....priceless

;)  It took some time to complete, but was well worth the hour.

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
+5% +5%

Tuck, just saw your icon and my coffee nearly came out my nose....priceless

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Really good luck.  I'm sure you'll smash it.  You know you're subject and you have great passion.  Can't wait to hear how it goes.  ;D

Offline GChicken

• View Profile
@ccedk - Good luck with your speech tomorrow, i'm sure you will knock em dead!.

not sure if its allowed given the event is 1700GBP pp; but i am hopeful that someone has a video camera and will upload it to youtube! :)

God Speed and all the very best.
GC

Offline openledger

• Blockchain powered, people driven
    • View Profile
    • OpenLedger.info - Blockchain Solutions, Services and Products for Businesses
  • BitShares: ccedkbts
That will be a walk in the park for you, you gonna rip it :-)

+5% for the support and belief in me
OpenLedger blockchain in services and solutions - https://openledger.info
BitShares explorer: https://bitsharescan.com
BitShares commitee member since 2015

38PTSWarrior

That will be a walk in the park for you, you gonna rip it :-)

Offline openledger

• View Profile
Success!

Success is in no way overrated, so I will do all possible to make wednesday sept 16th a day to remember :)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline openledger

• View Profile
Moving clsoer I fugured maybe someone here was interested in knowing the agenda at the Global Money Transfer Summit http://www.iamtn.org/ , considering the interest of Bitshares, as I will be introducing OpenLedger.info (not online yet) at my speech around noon on Wednesday 16th. Although they spelled CCEDK CCED I can live with that for the time being, and it will be changed, but figured I would share this with you all. Anyone interested in participating it seems still possible at the cost of 1700 GBP a head https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/global-money-transfer-summit-2015-tickets-13211731645

Dear Ronny,

Thank you for registering at the 10th Global Remittance Summit 2015. A few reminder:

VENUE:
Level39, One Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London. E14 5AB.

REGISTRATION INFORMATION:
Registration opens 8.30 during both days, East Desk. Due to security reasons in Canary Wharf Tower, we encourage all participants to present at East Desk prior to 8.30 in order to allow plenty of time for security to deal with your access to Level 39. Tea, Coffee and Pastries will be served from 8.30 at the Market Place (Sandbox 2&3) in Level 39. The featured talks will be held on Space39’s main stage. Coffee, lunch and networking will take place on Sandbox 2&3.
You do not need to print your ticket. Identification will be required at registration desk.

NETWORKING EVENING:
The Drink Reception is strictly for participants at GMTS2015 . If you wish to invite any of your colleagues to participate in the Networking receptions, we ask that you kindly pay £75+VAT to cover the per head costs.
46 Westferry Circus,
E14 8RS London
United Kingdom
We hope you can make it.
AGENDA:
Last minute changes to the programme do sometimes occur. The agenda will be updated through IAMTN's app.
GMTS2015  - AGENDA

DAY 1
9.30 - 9.00 COFFEE MORNING
9 - 9.15    Welcome IAMTN

9.15 - 10.15    Key Speaker   
With a wide variety of experience in both the private and public sectors, in remittances, payments and markets, Kai is expertly positioned to describe the ‘lay of the land’ as far as the international payments space is concerned.  He understands the key issues from both the position of development agencies and from the money transfer operators as well.  In his current role with IFC he looks at many businesses that are seeking funding or investment.  He is always forthright in his views and is certain to begin the conference on a high.
Kai Schmitz - IFC

10.15 - 11.15    Traditional Model   
Traditional Money Transfer operators are facing many challenges.  Many of these are not new but some are.  They range from changing technological trends, new market entrants, shifting consumers needs, margin pressure (through lowering fees and higher costs), bank account access, managing bad debts to potential changes in regulation and many others. Where do the traditional cash-based operators see the opportunities and threats over the next 10 years, and what will the market look like in 2025?
Sebastian Plubins - Ria Money Transfer
Marc Matthews - MoneyGram International
Jeremy De Smet - MoneyTrans
Moderator: Mohit Davar

11.15 - 11.30 COFFEE BREAK 

11.30 - 13.00    Mobile Payment
Mobile payments have been around for some time in the remittances market for some time and have been debated in earnest at most GMT Summits.  However, there is even more discussion on mobile payments now and, as a transmission method, they still account for a really small share of the market.  Will mobile ever take off?  What will it take for this to happen?  Is it really only a niche product in limited geographies? Listen to active market participants to understand what is really going to force growth in the mobile space.
Rajiv Bhatia - Ericsson
Tom Heeremans - TransferTo
Ammara Batool - Mobilink
Alix Murphy - Worldremit
Stephen Doyle - Homesend
Moderator: AJ Hanna

13.00 - 14.30    LUNCH   

14.30 - 15.30   Start-ups
There are always new entrants looking to enter into the remittances market.  This session will look at where the discussants see opportunities for them, how they are trying to create a difference and also some of the challenges that they have.  With contributions ranging from mobile payments to bill pay to online consumer data there is no shortage of variety in the new entrants.  What makes these businesses tick and what can traditional businesses learn from them.
TawiPay
Cashwave
Savvee
Bibitel

15.30 - 16.00 COFFEE BREAK 

16.00 - 17.00  Remittance Overlook
Dilip Ratha is one of the key spokespeople on remittances and is often the ‘go-to’ person for a range of media.  Dilip has extensive experience as an economist with the World Bank and he and his team publish much of the official data on remittance flows around the world as well as being a key thought leader.  Dilip is famed for his remittance forecasts and will present these together with other key insights in what is sure to be a fascinating session.
Dilip Ratha - The World Bank

17.00 17.15 - End day 1 

18.00 Networking Evening - Drink Reception

DAY 2

9 - 9.15    Welcome   

9.15 - 10.15    Key Speaker   
At last year’s GMTS the audience was fortunate enough to hear from Earthport on their take on the remittances and payments space and this year will see another much-looked-forward to address from this forward thinking organisation.  Earthport really have have brought a refreshingly innovative approach to payments and are a critical partner for many remittance companies.  In what promises to be a stimulating session we will undestand what makes Earthport so innovative and what the philosophy behind their approach is.
Earthport

10.15 - 10.45    Post Office   
Post offices have long been seen as vital players in the remittances space.  With the largest distribution networks, often in some of the hardest to reach areas, Post Offices have the potential to be the key distributors of face-to-face remittances in every market.  Yet, in many countries they have not reached their potential and their role in the electronic age is being questioned.  One of the key challenges has always been access to appropriate technology.  The solution to this and other challenges will be explored during this session.
Michel Stuijt - Eurogiro

10.45 - 11.00 Coffee Break

11.00 - 12.00    Who are the real disruptive players in the Remittance Industry? 
Prior to the 2008 global economic crisis, the financial industry was generally considered to be one of the least open to innovation and disruption. The rise of FinTech means that this has now changed.  Who are the disruptors?  What can the encumbents do to compete – is it a case of change or be damned? Are the disruptors really going to change how remittances work?
Michael Kent - Azimo
Inigo Belausteguigoitia - Regalii 
Moderator: Mohit Davar

12.00 - 13.00    Cryto-currency
There has been a wealth of discussion and debate around crypto-currencies and the blockchain this year.  This really is the hot topic.  There has been some embryonic crypto-currency/remittance partnerships so far and this session will outline what could happen in the future, how this area is really revolutionary and how it is going to make difference in the receiving markets where access to financial services is limited.  With an outstanding panel this really will be a must see session.
Jon Matonis - Bitcoin Foundation
Wouter Vonk - Bitpay
Ronny Boesing - CCEDK ApS
Moderator: Leon Isaacs

13.00 - 14.30    LUNCH

14.30 - 15.30  Providers who service the remittance industry   
In the last few years service providers to the remittance industry have emerged thus enhancing the ability of companies to offer customer focused services.  Two key areas area in the access to new infrastructure including FX services and in customer identification.  This session will look at these and other areas and will also enable market participants to debate other areas where they need support.
Robert Bell - KlickEx Group
David Pope - Jumio
Moderator: Leon Isaacs

15.30 - 16.00    COFFEE BREAK   

16.00 - 17.00     Regulation - 4th EMD
The 4th European Money Laundering Directive Will have an impact on all European based remittances companies along with other financial market participants.  To help unravel the changes and put the new directive into perspective we could have no better presenter than Thaer Sabri.  He understands all of the detail and the nuances and has operated in this space for two decades.  He has a gift for explaining this complicated area in a way that we can all understand.
Thaer Sabri - E-ma

17.00 - 17.15    End day 2 
 IAMTN reserves the right to amend the program and is not responsible for cancellations due to unforeseen circumstances.

Looking forward to see you on Tuesday 15th September,

The IAMTN team
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 09:29:12 am by ccedk »