Author Topic: Missing balance?  (Read 1962 times)

Offline Bhuz

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bhuz
You need to know that the transaction (including tx details) are stored (read: cached) in your local wallet. So if something fu**s up your local wallet's transaction history, this does not necessarily represent the state of the blockchain.

Anyway, BitShares 2.0 will fix this issue entirely!!

I see!
Well, now I am more reassured of not having lost any funds :D
Good to hear that BitShares 2.0 will fix this too

Thanks very much for the support!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
So I guess the double claim in Recent Transaction is just a bug?!
...Same with the balance showed by "history" command?

I would think so, yes.
Some months back, I also experience this issue when a wallet upgrade dublicated all transaction entries.
You need to know that the transaction (including tx details) are stored (read: cached) in your local wallet. So if something fu**s up your local wallet's transaction history, this does not necessarily represent the state of the blockchain.

Anyway, BitShares 2.0 will fix this issue entirely!!

Offline Bhuz

• Committee member
    • View Profile
But the command gives balanceIDs .. those are NOT addresses. The address (for
which you need the priv key to gain access) is listed as "owner" in that
balanceID.

I was wrong, I actually used blockchain_get_balance <balance_id>

However after what you told me, I did a recheck and I noticed (only now unfortunately) that the balance I was summing up in one of the balance_ids was from the entry "original_balance" and not from the entry "balance" alone...now the sum matches with wallet_account_balance!

So I guess the double claim in Recent Transaction is just a bug?!
...Same with the balance showed by "history" command?

Thanks xeroc!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
What counts is the output of "balance" .. that command adds up all funds from addresses for which you hold the private key ..

One more thing that may help understand if there is something wrong...
If I am not wrong, the command wallet_account_balance_ids should list all the addresses that in the present have some balance, right?Not the ones that had balance in the past...
I think so, yes.
But the command gives balanceIDs .. those are NOT addresses. The address (for
which you need the priv key to gain access) is listed as "owner" in that
balanceID.

So, with that command the wallet list 2 address. Looking their balance with blockchain_get_balance <addr>, I can see that the sum of the two is different from what wallet_account_balance show me.
Its like one of the two addresses has the second claimed bts, but they don't show in the total account balance...
Could you PM me the balanceIDs so that I can take a look?

Offline Bhuz

• Committee member
    • View Profile
What about the discrepancy between the balance of wallet_account_balance_ids (calculated with blockchain_get_balance <addr>), and the balance of wallet_accoun_balance?

chryspano

Hello guys,
I hope someone of you can help me figuring out if I really miss some funds, or if what I see is just a bug...

First of all, I claimed my BTS from PTS a long time ago, july 2014...with, I guess, one of the first version of the wallet (so not bug free :D)

What is (maybe) wrong:
In recent transaction I can see 2 claim from genesis. They have the exactly same "memo" and "amount". Already at that time, the "balance" in the "recent transaction" was the sum of the two, while the "balances" at the top of the wallet (the one next to "estimated yeld") showed only the half amount....like there was only one claim. I tought that was a bug, since the wallet was still in beta and so on.
What do you think about this? Its a bug or I really miss half of my funds?

If I am not wrong, the command wallet_account_balance_ids should list all the addresses that in the present have some balance, right? Not the ones that had balance in the past...
So, with that command the wallet list 2 address. Looking their balance with blockchain_get_balance <addr>, I can see that the sum of the two is different from what wallet_account_balance show me.
Its like one of the two addresses has the second claimed bts, but they don't show in the total account balance...

What do you think?

Thanks, and sorry for bad english :)

All I know is that "recent transactions"  can be really messed up, for a period of time they completly disapeared from my wallet.

You should have something like(PTS * 500+) bts I can't remember the excact mumber,  If your ballance is almost half of that number then probably something is wrong with your wallet and you are missing funds, if your balance is 10-15% less than this number then I think you are OK.

Someone else might give you a more reassuring answer.

Offline Bhuz

• Committee member
    • View Profile
Hello guys,
I hope someone of you can help me figuring out if I really miss some funds, or if what I see is just a bug...

First of all, I claimed my BTS from PTS a long time ago, july 2014...with, I guess, one of the first version of the wallet (so not bug free :D)

What is (maybe) wrong:
In recent transaction I can see 2 claim from genesis. They have the exactly same "memo" and "amount". Already at that time, the "balance" in the "recent transaction" was the sum of the two, while the "balances" at the top of the wallet (the one next to "estimated yeld") showed only the half amount....like there was only one claim. I tought that was a bug, since the wallet was still in beta and so on.
What do you think about this? Its a bug or I really miss half of my funds?

If I am not wrong, the command wallet_account_balance_ids should list all the addresses that in the present have some balance, right? Not the ones that had balance in the past...

What do you think?

Thanks, and sorry for bad english :)