Author Topic: ANNOUNCEMENT 11 - LottoShares set to Shake Up Crowdfunding through Blockchain  (Read 32593 times)

Offline konelectric

What I am hearing is that St. Maarten is going to be our future Bitshares island. ;) 
We shall all meet there to celebrate when BTS surpasses Bitcoin.
I'm in.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 11:41:32 pm by konelectric »
Tweeter: Konelectric. Steemit: Konelectric. Youtube: Patrick Konshak. Success Council: Yourship. Mumble: Yourship or Konelectric.

Offline Overthetop

More and more businesses are showing up around the BTS2.0 ecosystem.

It is a good sign

+5%
个人微博账号: Overthetop_万里晴空
“块链创新与创业”交流群: 330378613

Offline Murderistic

• View Profile
We intend on paying 100% in bitUSD, bitEURO once converted over, since the card will be able to convert at POS it makes no difference to consumer what we pay in.  And when they give us cash we will convert it to bitUSD, bitEuro - so that will increase volume incoming and outgoing - hopefully my goal was to kickstart more action in our bitassets by increasing volume and showing it cn really work when used in a setting outside of the traditional "crypto" world.

Most of these people are unbanked, so it become an opportunity for us becoming an option for them to happen as well.

We will be using BitShares Graphene for issuing LottoShares and using bitassets on that chain for payouts.

Now on to the pesky question of how to run our entire online gaming on the blockchain...or rather which blockchain and how...
http://fantasysxm.com/games/slots

How would you do it?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 11:39:18 pm by Murderistic »

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Fair enough.  The goal is to get it moved over then pay in BitUSD, etc and tie to cards. That allows for Phase 2 of our plan...

Thats awesome.  Even if all the partnership does is generate transactions and users for the Bitshares blockchain it would be a positive, if it does even more then its truly amazing.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Murderistic

• View Profile
Are they going to use graphene tech? Any link to PlayDAC?
Does it use graphene? If it does and there is no share drop it effectively competes with PLAY who did a sharedrop. Why would we support it then...

Being that it is a UIA on bitshares, I'm assuming g it is using bitshares :)
I was referring to the technology they use to reaize their trustless online gambling service that has nothing to do on which platform you issue your IOU/donation token on...

It doesnt?  If the platform uses the UIA, then the ledger they are using would be bitshares (aka graphene).  If they are just doing a UIA to act as a stock type of token, I'd imagine it might be a different story.  But let's not assume the former is not possible as well ;)

It will be a stock type token, that is bought back from holders.

the 2 Partners are myself, Mark Lyford (BANX), and Jan Thoelke (Former Race Car Driver)

So are there plans though to put the actual buying of a lotto ticket on the blockchain so that way shareholders can see how many were bought and the payouts etc?

Yes that is exactly the plan
I think the question we are all aksing ourselves here is how you will achieve that, which blockchain will you use and if you use an own / new chain will you use graphene?

I am with delulo here - no one is saying this is a bad thing in any way shape or form BUT it is falling short of the requirement to be a big announcement #11:

And the big question is the one he asks. Plus It is already stated on the website, @fuzz ,it is not the actual shares on the BTS blockchain it is just IOUs.

I do not think it falls short for the following reasons:

I do not know of anyone currently running this model of physical biz issuing digital tokens for crowdfunding purpose

Buyback of shares in this manner

Potential value speculation and marketcap

The Lotto will become a remittance for players once fully blockchain since winnings will be paid out in BitUSD, BitEURO

The lotto currently has payment cards that can be loaded or winnings placed on that are spendable around the island at retailers.  The opportunity there is just...wow

Once we prove the model, we are pitching Parliament on adopting this model to bring new biz to the island

Don't you feel like these are all amazing points that bring attention to BitShares as a potential crowdfunding platform?

IF/WHEN all winnings are being paid in BTS bitUSD - I am ready to change my mind on the spot.
Till then heeh just an IOU with a lot of promises.

Fair enough.  The goal is to get it moved over then pay in BitUSD, etc and tie to cards. That allows for Phase 2 of our plan...

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Does it use graphene? If it does and there is no share drop it effectively competes with PLAY who did a sharedrop. Why would we support it then...

I was referring to the technology they use to reaize their trustless online gambling service that has nothing to do on which platform you issue your IOU/donation token on...

It doesnt?  If the platform uses the UIA, then the ledger they are using would be bitshares (aka graphene).  If they are just doing a UIA to act as a stock type of token, I'd imagine it might be a different story.  But let's not assume the former is not possible as well ;)

the 2 Partners are myself, Mark Lyford (BANX), and Jan Thoelke (Former Race Car Driver)

So are there plans though to put the actual buying of a lotto ticket on the blockchain so that way shareholders can see how many were bought and the payouts etc?

I think the question we are all aksing ourselves here is how you will achieve that, which blockchain will you use and if you use an own / new chain will you use graphene?

I am with delulo here - no one is saying this is a bad thing in any way shape or form BUT it is falling short of the requirement to be a big announcement #11:

And the big question is the one he asks. Plus It is already stated on the website, @fuzz ,it is not the actual shares on the BTS blockchain it is just IOUs.

I do not know of anyone currently running this model of physical biz issuing digital tokens for crowdfunding purpose

The Lotto will become a remittance for players once fully blockchain since winnings will be paid out in BitUSD, BitEURO

The lotto currently has payment cards that can be loaded or winnings placed on that are spendable around the island at retailers.  The opportunity there is just...wow

Once we prove the model, we are pitching Parliament on adopting this model to bring new biz to the island

Don't you feel like these are all amazing points that bring attention to BitShares as a potential crowdfunding platform?

IF/WHEN all [edit OK I will give you even if some meaningful % (say 10-15%) not necessarily all] winnings are being paid in BTS bitUSD - I am ready to change my mind on the spot.
Till then heeh just an IOU with a lot of promises.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 11:17:40 pm by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
What I am hearing is that St. Maarten is going to be our future Bitshares island. ;) 
We shall all meet there to celebrate when BTS surpasses Bitcoin.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Murderistic

• View Profile

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 10:53:03 pm by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Murderistic

• View Profile

It's shares in the earnings of an existing licensed business in St Maarten being offered as a user issued asset on BitShares, so of course it will run on Graphene. BitShares Graphene. It's a business with big potential, but still a business, like many other businesses we want to serve.  Physical businesses don't share drop, they raise funds by selling something they own.  Like shares of their profits.

PLAY is different in almost every way.

Great way to point out the difference there.  Thx Stan  +5%

Offline Murderistic

• View Profile
They are just using Bisthares for tracking the shares and payouts  which is fine.

Pretty much.  The goal though is what Stan alluded to.  Once we prove the model, we are going to pitch the Parliament on this to bring more business back to the Caribbean.

The other part to this is remittance...

The lotto already has payment cards that winnings are put on and are spendable on the island, etc.  You can load cards, play and get winnings.  Once the lottery is fully blockchain, we become a remittance option for them.

Offline Pheonike

They are just using Bisthares for tracking the shares and payouts  which is fine.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

Offline Murderistic

• View Profile

jaran