Author Topic: Would you pay a small monthly fee for a marketing funnel to use?  (Read 7364 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I agree ... the referral program will take it's time to fully deploy and "make sense" ... in the meantime there is money to be made as market maker :)

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Use the recurring payment feature and you'll get everyone on board. For less than $1 a day they can join your network? I'd get on it.

But not for $98 at once. So only with recurring payments would you have a good chance at getting people on it.

Bytemaster? Xeroc? What do you think?

this offer is for affiliate marketers, and I can assure you $98 one time is a very good price for a professional funnel.

I don't think this offer is useful for inexperienced or new people.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Use the recurring payment feature and you'll get everyone on board. For less than $1 a day they can join your network? I'd get on it.

But not for $98 at once. So only with recurring payments would you have a good chance at getting people on it.

Bytemaster? Xeroc? What do you think?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
I think people will pay only if you can prove it works, by showing us some data, some a/b type testing, statistics, but in general we do need an information network.

Politicians collect data on demographics they serve and so should we, so if your funnels are data rich, provide us with actionable information, then yes I could see myself paying $98 for it at some point.

Information is very very important, and to have access to demographic information is valuable enough that people would pay for it and you could make plenty of money.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Offline bytemaster

We will work out a referral program for bitshares.org that will see to it you get rewarded downstream by forwarding the r=? args to the partner sites that the user eventually selects.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
There is way too much confusion and misinformation out there. 

1. Cryptonomex does not and never will host any wallets for regulatory risk reasons (See Ripple Labs).  That has been stated from day one.
2.  Partners such as CCEDK, Banx, and Bunker will host wallets and register users.  They will share with us 50% of any income they get.
3.  Partners can choose what percent they want to share with affiliates.  Affiliates do not host wallets, they provide links such as  "openledger.com?r=bitmarket".   
4. When openledger (OL) registers an account they define the split between OL and the Affiliate.   Half of OL's share is given to CNX.  If OL does not take a any cut, then CNX does not get a cut.
5. Different affiliates can have different deals based upon volume.   Someone who makes one referral may get a 50% cut.  Someone who makes 1000 referrals may get a 75% cut.   The cut is entirely in the control of OL, BANX, etc.

ok, and who will provide the wallets on october 13th? this is the part i don't understand.

do i understand it correct as i upgrade my existing wallet name "shentist" the fees are burned???

Referral income from the upgrade is allocated to the committee-account which is controlled by elected members and all transactions have a two week hold for stakeholders to review and/or vote out the committee members that approve it.   In other words, the funds are available to grow BTS.   This was the easiest approach that didn't involve special-casing nor burning.
What is the role of bitshares.org? So no wallet will be accessible on bitshares.org - just links to partner sites where the wallet can be found? Will bitshares.org 'owner'  - whoever that is - receive the referral fee to these wallets based on the deal they cut with the wallet providers, and then CMX get half of the wallet providers revenue (so if I was referring a user to bitshares.org it would actually not benefit me whatsoever)?

Interesting question. Maybe the fee should go (the site should refer with the ID for)  to the same committee-account  mentioned above by BM.

[edit]
Ideally of course the site should  catch the referrer ID and dynamically insert it in its own outgoing links to the wallets .Have no idea if this is possible technically but sounds like it should be.
[edit2] oops.too slow. BM posted pretty much the same thing.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 10:13:57 pm by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline mint chocolate chip

1. Cryptonomex does not and never will host any wallets for regulatory risk reasons (See Ripple Labs).  That has been stated from day one.
2.  Partners such as CCEDK, Banx, and Bunker will host wallets and register users.  They will share with us 50% of any income they get.
3.  Partners can choose what percent they want to share with affiliates.  Affiliates do not host wallets, they provide links such as  "openledger.com?r=bitmarket".   
4. When openledger (OL) registers an account they define the split between OL and the Affiliate.   Half of OL's share is given to CNX.  If OL does not take a any cut, then CNX does not get a cut.
5. Different affiliates can have different deals based upon volume.   Someone who makes one referral may get a 50% cut.  Someone who makes 1000 referrals may get a 75% cut.   The cut is entirely in the control of OL, BANX, etc.

ok, and who will provide the wallets on october 13th? this is the part i don't understand.

do i understand it correct as i upgrade my existing wallet name "shentist" the fees are burned???

Referral income from the upgrade is allocated to the committee-account which is controlled by elected members and all transactions have a two week hold for stakeholders to review and/or vote out the committee members that approve it.   In other words, the funds are available to grow BTS.   This was the easiest approach that didn't involve special-casing nor burning.
What is the role of bitshares.org? So no wallet will be accessible on bitshares.org - just links to partner sites where the wallet can be found? Will bitshares.org 'owner'  - whoever that is - receive the referral fee to these wallets based on the deal they cut with the wallet providers, and then CMX get half of the wallet providers revenue (so if I was referring a user to bitshares.org it would actually not benefit me whatsoever)?

Offline bytemaster

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

There will be a desktop wallet, so you can run it yourself .This is one of the changes since the original announcement.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist

Offline bytemaster

38PTSWarrior

Offline mint chocolate chip

Where is the wallet access, because doesn't the wallet provider take a cut? For example, if it is on bitshares.org, would you be funneling to bitshares.org and thus we would end up with only the 50/50 commission?

No commissions split others.   BM/Cryptonomex will host wallets and not take a cut.
BIG ROUND OF APPLAUSE for CMX!!!