Author Topic: Ethereum Labs Introduces EtherX Multi-Currency Platform  (Read 2066 times)

Offline Not Vitalik Buterin

• I'm better than you by 15%, theoretically.
    • View Profile
"One way to succeed in getting VC funds is to cloak self as a BTC company but actually have wider ambitions"

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
I don't think they're making a real multi-asset platform. They're making a multi-asset wallet, is a "platform" to the extent that the contracts their interface with are standardized and so the UI can be too.

Maker is making a real asset platform, with a powerful API for composable asset contracts.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Tuck Fheman

also looks 1 +5% better than bitshares :D

well fav, it takes 15% longer to make something 15% better/fasterererrrr.  :P

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
The key words here are "and Etherium’s scalability."  :P but really I thought everyone knew that atm (assuming 2.0 goes live smoothly) BitShares specializes and is better as a protocol for exchanges. Dunno why they're doing this. There's nothing wrong with competition but they could use their time for other areas they're better at. not trying to bash Ethereum
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Tuck Fheman

http://allcoinsnews.com/2015/09/21/ethereum-labs-introduces-etherx-multi-currency-platform

The blockchain apps developer indicated that EtherX will serve as a multi-currency wallet that includes multi-signature technology, integrated vertical marketplaces, an integrated exchange and Etherium’s scalability.

The exchange will permit the trading of fiat, various cryptocurrencies, smart contracts and cryptoassets, and requires appropriate AML & KYC licensing for retailers working through the core EtherX exchange API.

Ethereum Labs noted that it is also developing loyalty applications on the blockchain dubbed “Loyalty 2.0.” The developer is looking at offering customers blockchain loyalty tokens or reward points generated by algorithm with that are decentralized, individualized, “exempt from regulation” and limited in liability; have instant liquidity, fraud and counterfeit proof security; and are seamless in social media, video games or digital media.

This sounds 15% faster/better than BitShares. ;)

« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 06:17:17 pm by Tuck Fheman »