Author Topic: tryng to download the block chain from the client and getting error  (Read 1945 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
the wallet contains the keys .. you can do "open default" to open your default wallet .. then you can use commands like history, transfer, etc. ... "help" for more

Offline stuartcharles

• View Profile
That's not an error it's just an information message that the rpc server isn't being started. Are you running the client via command line? Does it crash or stop syncing?

Im just running the bitshare_client application

From memory I just open it and it downloads the blockchain automatically, however this time I just get the "information" message?

sorry, I think it is running. When i type getinfo the block is getting higher. I just thought it wasnt running because is said wallet closed.
Thanks for your help

Offline stuartcharles

• View Profile
That's not an error it's just an information message that the rpc server isn't being started. Are you running the client via command line? Does it crash or stop syncing?

Im just running the bitshare_client application

From memory I just open it and it downloads the blockchain automatically, however this time I just get the "information" message?

Offline svk

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline stuartcharles

• View Profile
Hi
My bitshares block chain is a few months behind so i want to use the client to catch up. But i am getting the error

Not starting RPC server, use --server to enable the RPC interface

Please could someone help with what i must do. Im not a coder so simple instruction if you can?

Thanks
Stuart