Author Topic: Graphene GUI testing and feedback  (Read 130102 times)

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
web socket doesnt connect on my work computer because anything but port 80/443 is blocked externally...  so i see a blank grey page
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 10:01:35 pm by jsidhu »
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
I am attempting to document the calculations as the exist in the code right now.

Assuming you paid a fee of 100 BTS.
The network gets 20% off the top....     20 BTS => Network
The lifetime member gets their 30% off the top to..    30 BTS => LTM
This leaves 50 BTS to be divided among the Affiliate (referrer) and the Registrar (wallet provider)
The Registrar gets to specify the percentage to split with the Affiliate.   In the genesis account the Affiliate gets 0% which leaves all 50% going to the Registrar.

If you upgrade to a Annual Member then the referrer and registrar gets set to yourself until your membership expires.
If you upgrade to a Lifetime member then the Lifetime Referrer, Registrar, and Referrer get set to yourself.

ah... got it, thanks!

Offline bytemaster

I am attempting to document the calculations as the exist in the code right now.

Assuming you paid a fee of 100 BTS.
The network gets 20% off the top....     20 BTS => Network
The lifetime member gets their 30% off the top too...    30 BTS => LTM
This leaves 50 BTS to be divided among the Affiliate (referrer) and the Registrar (wallet provider)
The Registrar gets to specify the percentage to split with the Affiliate.   In the genesis account the Affiliate gets 0% which leaves all 50% going to the Registrar.

If you upgrade to a Annual Member then the referrer and registrar gets set to yourself until your membership expires.
If you upgrade to a Lifetime member then the Lifetime Referrer, Registrar, and Referrer get set to yourself.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 06:33:19 pm by Stan »
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

can someone tell me, if I read https://graphene.bitshares.org/#/account/smartcoin/member-stats correctly?`

As I understand it:

Basic Member - 50% < that's the cashback rate (https://bitshares.org/referral-program/ "These cashback referral rates, 50% and 80%, can be adjusted by the consensus of the BitShares Stakeholders at any time. Annual Accounts have their rates locked in for one year, while Lifetime Accounts have their rates locked in for life.)
Registrar - 50% < they paid for my account registration. but does that mean the registar gets actually 25%, since the cashback is set to 50% total?
Lifetime Referrer - 30% < affiliate  who signed me up. same as above, does that number indicate they get 30% of the 50% total cashback?
Referrer - 0% < why?

Those numbers are not displayed properly at the moment.   The numbers should add to 100%, there is a stray 50% copy/paste bug and a MATH error on the page.   

« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 05:30:14 pm by bytemaster »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
can someone tell me, if I read https://graphene.bitshares.org/#/account/smartcoin/member-stats correctly?`

As I understand it:

Basic Member - 50% < that's the cashback rate (https://bitshares.org/referral-program/ "These cashback referral rates, 50% and 80%, can be adjusted by the consensus of the BitShares Stakeholders at any time. Annual Accounts have their rates locked in for one year, while Lifetime Accounts have their rates locked in for life.)
Registrar - 50% < they paid for my account registration. but does that mean the registar gets actually 25%, since the cashback is set to 50% total?
Lifetime Referrer - 30% < affiliate  who signed me up. same as above, does that number indicate they get 30% of the 50% total cashback?
Referrer - 0% < why?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 04:59:07 pm by fav »

clout

Also can we make integration of metaexchange and blocktrade a priority.

clout

I cannot transfer bitassets. I get this error when I attempt to do so:

Code: [Select]
core_fee_paid <= fee_asset_dyn_data->fee_pool: Fee pool balance of '0 CORE' is less than the 9.99825 CORE required to convert 0.3652 CNY

Offline bytemaster

As far as testing goes here is the basic guideline for priority bugs:

1. Can you currently do something in 0.9.3 that you cannot do in the Graphene GUI?    If so then that is a bug that needs fixed.
2. Does the graphene GUI have a feature (such as a transfer page, market page) that when you use it generates an error when you don't think it should?

Priority TODO Items between now and Launch

1. Changing Wallet Password
2. Account Upgrade GUI
3. Worker Proposal Voting
4. Account Permissions

Items that will be added after launch:
1. Proposed Transactions
2. Withdraw Permissions
3. Asset Management
4. Whitelist Management

As it exists right now the current GUI feels better to me than 0.9.3 but probably has 2 months worth of work to expose the full feature set in the GUI.

Offline bytemaster

Also, I wonder what is the idea behind being able to link other people's accounts and then have the option of trying to do some actions (e.g. trading, voting or updating collateral positions) on their behalf?
The system is clearly protected against such actions (you get the "failed to broadcast transaction" error message) but why does the GUI even allow attempting such actions?

Again, I guess these features are still work-in-progress but a clarification from the devs what the final goal is would be much appreciated.

You'll eventually be able to use the proposed transaction operation in order to propose a transaction for other accounts, but this is currently not implemented in the GUI. Basically you'll pay a higher than standard fee in order propose a transaction done by someone else, eg I can propose that you transfer 1 million BTS to me, and it will be up to you to accept or reject that transfer.

BM wanted to have all transaction operations visible everywhere like it is now but tbh I would've preferred restricting them and having a separate interface for proposed transactions, TBD I guess.

So this makes sense for transferring money but why did you open it up for trading, voting or updating collateral positions in a similar way?
Surely you will not have a proposed transaction operation for voting, will you?

It looks like there is so much stuff to tackle and clean up in the GUI before Oct 13th. I am afraid there is no chance you can have it done and thoroughly tested in such a short time.

To be clear, the GUI looks awesome, it's real pleasure to play with it but there seems so much to be done and so little time left.
I know from experience as I've done a lot of GUI work in the past, unfortunately not in javascript so all I can do to help you guys is report bugs.

So if you could come up with a list of what is still unimplemented (but planned to be implemented before Oct 13th) then I could be much more helpful with bug reporting.
Otherwise I don't know if it's a bug or an unimplemented feature.

The reason you can propose to VOTE or place a market order, or anything else is because that is how multi-factor authentication is performed.   If I have a company account that requires all market orders be approved by CEO and CFO then the CFO would propose the transaction the the CEO would confirm it.   

Rather than have 2 ways to do everything, we provide one way to do it and then at the last second determine whether it needs to be a proposal or an actual transaction.

jakub

Also, I wonder what is the idea behind being able to link other people's accounts and then have the option of trying to do some actions (e.g. trading, voting or updating collateral positions) on their behalf?
The system is clearly protected against such actions (you get the "failed to broadcast transaction" error message) but why does the GUI even allow attempting such actions?

Again, I guess these features are still work-in-progress but a clarification from the devs what the final goal is would be much appreciated.

You'll eventually be able to use the proposed transaction operation in order to propose a transaction for other accounts, but this is currently not implemented in the GUI. Basically you'll pay a higher than standard fee in order propose a transaction done by someone else, eg I can propose that you transfer 1 million BTS to me, and it will be up to you to accept or reject that transfer.

BM wanted to have all transaction operations visible everywhere like it is now but tbh I would've preferred restricting them and having a separate interface for proposed transactions, TBD I guess.

So this makes sense for transferring money but why did you open it up for trading, voting or updating collateral positions in a similar way?
Surely you will not have a proposed transaction operation for voting, will you?

It looks like there is so much stuff to tackle and clean up in the GUI before Oct 13th. I am afraid there is no chance you can have it done and thoroughly tested in such a short time.

To be clear, the GUI looks awesome, it's real pleasure to play with it but there seems so much to be done and so little time left.
I know from experience as I've done a lot of GUI work in the past, unfortunately not in javascript so all I can do to help you guys is report bugs.

So if you could come up with a list of what is still unimplemented (but planned to be implemented before Oct 13th) then I could be much more helpful with bug reporting.
Otherwise I don't know if it's a bug or an unimplemented feature.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 10:15:03 am by jakub »

Offline svk

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline svk

@svk, would you post a list of features that are still unimplemented but will be before Oct 13th.
This way we will know if something is a bug or work-in-progress.

E.g. I guess the market history list or switching between different chart periods does not work because it's unimplemented but that's only me guessing.

Yea we're still waiting on a market history api call in the client, it gets populated with transactions that happen while you're in the exchange but for now we have no way to fetch the market history.

The charts also work in the frontend but the api call is broken, been waiting on them to fix it for a while now but I guess it's low priority.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

jakub

« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 09:31:29 am by jakub »

jakub

I'm writing a VPS install script for graphene nodes and I'm not sure of the best way to handle the boost libs.

I don't plan to build any of the binaries on the VPS. I compile boost on a dev system from source, then afterwards compress the entire boost source hierarchy into a tarball (it's big, yeah I know) and run the "b2 install" after decompressing on it the VPS which installs the shared libs. From what I can tell, that approach still does some compiling and / or linking at install time, but it doesn't take nearly as long as starting from scratch. Still it's minutes not seconds.

The script installs all of the same packages required to compile everything from scratch, even if they're all not needed (tho I think most if not all are).

Once boost is built from source and "b2 install" is run can the boost/boost_1_57_0 folder hierarchy be removed?

Does the witness_node and cli_wallet binaries require anything from the boost tree or only from the shared libraries (/usr/local/lib/libboost*.so.1.57.0)? What about the gui out of curiosity?

Of course all this wouldn't be necessary if a binary package for the version graphene requires were available via apt-get, or I knew how to produce a .deb file from the boost build tree.

The idea of this effort is to start with a brand new VPS, copy a script and a big tarball to it and when it is done executing it will be a configured, secured node for a witness, seed or backbone node. It installs monitoring, packages, users, tools, optimizes inode caching, swaping etc. So far the script is 125 lines long and it's 95% complete.

@Thom, I guess you meant to post it in the other thread, right?

jakub

@svk, would you post a list of features that are still unimplemented but will be before Oct 13th.
This way we will know if something is a bug or work-in-progress.

E.g. I guess the market history list or switching between different chart periods does not work because it's unimplemented but that's only me guessing.