Author Topic: Graphene GUI testing and feedback  (Read 130061 times)

Offline betax

• View Profile
Datetime issues (I guess) Windows 10 - Chrome

Also importing / exporting wallet backup from windows, says invalid format.
Importing / exporting keys from windows console is ok.

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Feedback.

Great Job and overall much praise for the new wallet.  And now here is the useful(critical) stuff.

1. It is extremely overwhelming for new users with so many tabs and features etc.  I suggest a number of views that can be controlled by settings.

The basic and default view should be account name, history, and transfer and membership only.    It would be really neat if after they have say two transactions a pop up message appears ans says hey... it appears you have mastered transferring money to and from your account. May we take the training wheels of this puppy and introduce you to some advanced features? It is free. Yes/ No

Next view might be called trader.  It opens up the exchange tab.  and maybe permissions tab as well.
Final might be pro view with everything.   Users can choose from the settings menu at all times but we also prompt them after certain milestones.

2. When doing an exchange we show price and the quantity of one currency, but not the quantity of the other currency.  That would be nice.

3. I was confused as to what Pay was versus Transfer.

Anyway, overall very good.

i really like the idea of view switches… starter view / trader view …

also maybe something similar to http://foundation.zurb.com/docs/components/joyride.html would be useful if user sign up first time, to get a guided tour through the GUI ... could this make sense?
Great idea  +5%
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Is graphene.bitshares.org ok to test?  I was able to create an account but could never get past that tab to see anything else.

Actually I just revisited it. It had me logged in. I unlocked it and it is working. The first time I visited and created the account the wallet wasn't working..
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline wuyanren

• View Profile
https://graphene.bitshares.org/ I can't visit this website, it's my problem.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Feedback.

Great Job and overall much praise for the new wallet.  And now here is the useful(critical) stuff.

1. It is extremely overwhelming for new users with so many tabs and features etc.  I suggest a number of views that can be controlled by settings.

The basic and default view should be account name, history, and transfer and membership only.    It would be really neat if after they have say two transactions a pop up message appears ans says hey... it appears you have mastered transferring money to and from your account. May we take the training wheels of this puppy and introduce you to some advanced features? It is free. Yes/ No

Next view might be called trader.  It opens up the exchange tab.  and maybe permissions tab as well.
Final might be pro view with everything.   Users can choose from the settings menu at all times but we also prompt them after certain milestones.

2. When doing an exchange we show price and the quantity of one currency, but not the quantity of the other currency.  That would be nice.

i really like the idea of view switches… starter view / trader view … 

also maybe something similar to http://foundation.zurb.com/docs/components/joyride.html would be useful if user sign up first time, to get a guided tour through the GUI ... could this make sense?

█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
Feedback.

Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
Can't access it on mozilla. First I wasn't able to do it at college and I thought it could be something about their browser but I can't access it from home either. I think I couldn't with Chromium too. Only thing I have is the dark grey background, nothing else.

Same here too.

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2
Purely cosmetic:  (non-essential)
The left side depth list on the exchange. It would be nice to have the ask/sell side on the top and bid/buy side on the bottom.

This makes more sense to me as the higher the price is, the higher on the page its listed.  Just like a chart. 

-----
50 spread
-----

Or have a button that flips it to your preference like Poloniex has for switching buy and sell book , left and right on the page. 

Good point.  And actually, this more than just cosmetic.  Having the order book reversed like this will leave the user feeling somewhat disoriented, which will lead to less frequent use.  So hopefully this can be modified. 

Another thing, I don't see a chart.  Is it there and I'm just missing it?

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Can't access it on mozilla. First I wasn't able to do it at college and I thought it could be something about their browser but I can't access it from home either. I think I couldn't with Chromium too. Only thing I have is the dark grey background, nothing else.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Xeldal

Purely cosmetic:  (non-essential)
The left side depth list on the exchange. It would be nice to have the ask/sell side on the top and bid/buy side on the bottom.

This makes more sense to me as the higher the price is, the higher on the page its listed.  Just like a chart. 

-----
50 spread
-----

Or have a button that flips it to your preference like Poloniex has for switching buy and sell book , left and right on the page. 

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Cannot load any exchanges (e.g.USD-CORE) in the current wallet.

edit: windows 10 / chrome
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 09:59:11 pm by clayop »
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline bytemaster

explorer--Assets,Choose an asset to open. The page appears to be confusing.https://graphene.bitshares.org/#/asset/AUD

You are correct, that particular page is under heavy development.   
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline wuyanren

• View Profile
explorer--Assets,Choose an asset to open. The page appears to be confusing.https://graphene.bitshares.org/#/asset/AUD

Offline DestBest

Very nice GUI!  +5%

Found a bug
Trying to create a new account name, I got:
  Failed to broadcast the transaction:
     fee_paying_account->is_lifetime_member():

Not a bug. Only lifetime members can create accounts. 

Thanks for clarifying this
BitShares French ConneXion, le portail francophone BitShares.
BitShares French ConneXion, the BitShares french gateway.
www.bitsharesfcx.com

jakub

Very nice GUI!  +5%

Found a bug
Trying to create a new account name, I got:
  Failed to broadcast the transaction:
     fee_paying_account->is_lifetime_member():

Not a bug. Only lifetime members can create accounts.

I hope all these "Failed to broadcast the transaction" errors will be replaced with more detailed messages stating the reason for failure.
Otherwise it gives the impression that the system malfunctions.

Alternatively (and this would be even better), these situations could be prevented by disabling actions which the user is not supposed to perform.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 07:06:33 pm by jakub »