Author Topic: World Leaders Meet at United Nations; Control of the Internet on the Table !!!  (Read 12360 times)

Offline fuzzy

Just delete the entire thread

+1

+5%

I have not problem with that...
Waiting a moderator to do it since I have not the permission to do it .

PS  I have a copy for members that desperately want it for their records (@fuzzy ?)  :)

All i know is we are never going to make the world a better place by sensoring ourselves. Saving this post in some hidden chest that has to be searched for doesnt really change this. 

I say we all remain quiet about it and start calling those who talk about it "conspiracy theorists" to make sure people know we dont take tyrannical UN control over the inet seriously.  THAT will help us battle 1984...by burning posts. :)
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
+  move to random

It's bad PR though, and cryptonomex has to put in some policies in place for their staff regarding public relations. in my opinion.

you don't talk about human trafficking or some other acts in the business part of the forum. I understood the intention to create controversy, but it'll scare new people off. not everyone is as smart as this community :)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
let me know ..if i should delete it .. moved it to forum management..

« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 06:41:35 am by cass »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
There is two kind of speech control . One from government , one from oneself .

Expressing every single bit of your thinking and expect people should not judge you for that is not freedom of speech . Freedom of speech only prevents you from the government fallout , not from the public opinion .

Being true doesn't mean you should to tell your friend in the desert that you want to eat him even though you really want to .

Being true doesn't mean you should expect your friend to forgive you after justifying how reasonable for you to eat him .

The true freedom of speech comes with prices , some in actual jail , more in the jail of the public's heart . If you do not wish to be punish for your speech in the court of public opinion ,  then you shouldn't even throw yourself there to begin with .

It takes wisdom and thinking to start a controversial debate . It takes freedom of speech to protect and continue the debate . It takes more wisdom to end it when it brings more negative impact upon you and others . 

Not every thing is about logic . If my teacher looks like a pig , I tell him that  , which is totally logical and reasonable . Then I would be screwed seriously even though I actually have a point  .

It's your freedom to express your own free will . It's also other people's freedom to give you hard time for that . It's also other people's freedom to inflict serious consequence upon you including a trial in public opinion and ruin things that you've worked so hard for and you end up paying more significant price than you expected  . You shouldn't expect less because you live in a society .  But if you're actually expecting less  , then you haven't really prepared for it .

well said
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Just delete the entire thread

+1

+5%

I have not problem with that...
Waiting a moderator to do it since I have not the permission to do it .

PS  I have a copy for members that desperately want it for their records (@fuzzy ?)  :)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 06:02:20 am by liondani »

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
There is two kind of speech control . One from government , one from oneself .

Expressing every single bit of your thinking and expect people should not judge you for that is not freedom of speech . Freedom of speech only prevents you from the government fallout , not from the public opinion .

Being true doesn't mean you should to tell your friend in the desert that you want to eat him even though you really want to .

Being true doesn't mean you should expect your friend to forgive you after justifying how reasonable for you to eat him .

The true freedom of speech comes with prices , some in actual jail , more in the jail of the public's heart . If you do not wish to be punish for your speech in the court of public opinion ,  then you shouldn't even throw yourself there to begin with .

It takes wisdom and thinking to start a controversial debate . It takes freedom of speech to protect and continue the debate . It takes more wisdom to end it when it brings more negative impact upon you and others . 

Not every thing is about logic . If my teacher looks like a pig , I tell him that  , which is totally logical and reasonable . Then I would be screwed seriously even though I actually have a point  .

It's your freedom to express your own free will . It's also other people's freedom to give you hard time for that . It's also other people's freedom to inflict serious consequence upon you including a trial in public opinion and ruin things that you've worked so hard for and you end up paying more significant price than you expected  . You shouldn't expect less because you live in a society .  But if you're actually expecting less  , then you haven't really prepared for it .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline onceuponatime

https://www.springer.com/about+springer/media/springer+select?SGWID=0-11001-6-1042321-0

I think BM is completely correct.  I think production should be very harshly punished.  I think sexualization of children is terrible, for the individual, and for society at large.  I wouldn't look at it if it were legal.  I also think that decriminalization is the best way to reduce the number of exploited children going forward.

We can move this to random?  I love it...so I don't want to see it deleted!  This is important stuff! 

I am not sure why this is bad PR to have concerns over a single world governmental structure wanting to control the net (or am I really living in Bizzaro World these days and it IS unpopular??).  All too often we sweep things like this under the rug these days...and as soon as something resembles people are afraid to touch it with a 10-foot pole.  Sometimes what is right is not popular...head over to the EFF's Website to see the cases with real and wide-reaching implications they fight against on a daily basis and you will begin to understand what i'm talking about.

This thread is gold and should not be harmed imho...

I agree on both counts.  Yes, it should be moved to Random Discussion. And yes, it is an important thread and well worth discussing. in the Random slot. Parts of the discussion are very uncomfortable to contemplate, but there are definitely attacks that we will be facing based on innuendo and fear mongering.

Offline fuzzy

https://www.springer.com/about+springer/media/springer+select?SGWID=0-11001-6-1042321-0

I think BM is completely correct.  I think production should be very harshly punished.  I think sexualization of children is terrible, for the individual, and for society at large.  I wouldn't look at it if it were legal.  I also think that decriminalization is the best way to reduce the number of exploited children going forward.

We can move this to random?  I love it...so I don't want to see it deleted!  This is important stuff! 

I am not sure why this is bad PR to have concerns over a single world governmental structure wanting to control the net (or am I really living in Bizzaro World these days and it IS unpopular??).  All too often we sweep things like this under the rug these days...and as soon as something resembles conspiracy people are afraid to touch it with a 10-foot pole.  Sometimes what is right is not popular...head over to the EFF's Website to see the cases with real and wide-reaching implications they fight against on a daily basis and you will begin to understand what i'm talking about.

This thread is gold and should not be harmed imho...

« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 04:36:47 am by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

@datasecuritynode

You really really need to study a history of the Holy Inquisition before advocating taking power from individuals and giving it to righteous authorities. In power structures (power over others) it is often the perverts and psychopaths that rise to the top.

I don't have a solution to offer as to how to stop child abuse, but I suggest the place to begin looking is to loving family structures. Wanted and loved children are not likely to be abused.

Choose to live in a community where people know each other and shun anyone who exploits others, especially children.

The "authorities" to whom  you want to give the power to spy on the internet are the "authorities" who ripped native kids from their loving families and cultural settings and sent them to residential schools where a large percentage underwent sexual and physical
abuse.

I wasn't advocating giving the power to spy to authorities. I stated plainly where we see that had lead. I don't think that is the solution.

What I do encourage is considering to continue to ask questions and think of different approaches.

Its just a really tough subject to tackle.. but it's what we are up against in regards to the OP. We can either come up with a sellable solution, or people will accept the one being offered by the "authorities".

You are suggesting that loving families structures is the place to start.. that's a good start. Community yes! What if a decentralized internet means forming real communities that protect one another? It's associations like these that ultimately need to be used in such discussions.

Do you want the state poking around your business.. or do you want to build a strong community that protects one another?

I think that's the beginnings of a great narrative!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile