Author Topic: October 2nd Test Network  (Read 28559 times)

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop

last signs of life .....

I'm wondering what these witnesses' VPS specs are.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline twitter

• View Profile
it has been whole day and my block number is staying at 0 ........ something wrong

Code: [Select]

locked >>> info
info
{
  "head_block_num": 0,
  "head_block_id": "0000000000000000000000000000000000000000",
  "head_block_age": "64 hours old",
  "next_maintenance_time": "45 years ago",
  "chain_id": "c746b258deb5e476601488d8dbb98cf6dcacc2dec857fda58514907257d461c3",
  "participation": "100.00000000000000000",
  "active_witnesses": [
    "1.6.1",
    "1.6.2",
    "1.6.3",
    "1.6.4",
    "1.6.5",
    "1.6.6",
    "1.6.7",
    "1.6.8",
    "1.6.9",
    "1.6.10",
    "1.6.11"
  ],
  "active_committee_members": []
}
locked >>>
witness:

Offline CalabiYau

OK so are we ready to coordinate and establish a new checkpoint?

Has that already been done?

If not I think we should set a time identify whose block will be the first one in the new checkpoint, and then we can setup new seed nodes.

I am trying to reset locally.  If I can I will post directions.  Although if we leave allowed missed blocks at 1000 the network wont last long.

will try to catch up if there is a way

Offline Bhuz

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bhuz
lol, you are right xD

Offline Thom

rm wallet.json

Thanks puppies, it works now!

Can someone send me some CORE for the account upgrade? Thanks in advance :)
account name: bhuz

With the network down, there's no way to send it.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline Bhuz

• Committee member
    • View Profile
rm wallet.json

Thanks puppies, it works now!

Can someone send me some CORE for the account upgrade? Thanks in advance :)
account name: bhuz

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies

If not I think we should set a time identify whose block will be the first one in the new checkpoint, and then we can setup new seed nodes.

I am trying to reset locally.  If I can I will post directions.  Although if we leave allowed missed blocks at 1000 the network wont last long.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Spectral

I have a registered witness, but I'm not yet voted in: 'bitspace-testaccount1'. Is there anything I can do to help?

I can check back here every half hour or so today.
Vote for BTS-2 witness: spectral (1.6.30)
0.9 DVS delegate: dvs1.bitspace
Stay tuned for bitspace-clains worker!

Offline Thom

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline puppies

• View Profile
After updating from test4 to test5, I get this when I try to run che cli
"Chain ID in wallet file does not match specified chain ID"

What should I do?
rm wallet.json
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline puppies

• View Profile
Dan explained it early in the first test net thread.  The issue we will have is that without the unit witnesses we will crash again quickly. 

We could do a dirty hack and increase the allowed missed blocks as well, but that might not be the best idea.

Actually there is a trick to restarting block production after so much time has passed.

First add a the following checkpoint

[HEADNUM+1, "00000000.....00"]

With that checkpoint you will be able to produce the next block.   Once you have produced the block, other nodes can add a checkpoint with that freshly produced block and you will be up and running again.

Every time a checkpoint is reached it resets the required undo history to 0.  Adding a checkpoint at HEADNUM will reset it to 0, but the next block you produce will have missed over 1000 blocks so is immediately beyond the reach.  Therefore, we need to "checkpoint" the "next block" for which we do not know the ID yet.   
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 02:36:34 pm by puppies »

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
Can't we restart the network with checkpoints instead of waiting for bm to do it?  I'm assuming the stress testing just delayed some nodes' block production and caused forking until no branch had minimum participation.

Sounds reasonable, so how do you determine a correct checkpoint parameter value to use in the config.ini file? I have several VPSs ready to go that will serve as a seed once that is determined.

I'm not sure, but I think we need all witnesses to add this checkpoint to their config files: ["36472", "00008e780f52da8c7a599c3a1d0b8dfeaf3a331d"]

Then we probably need one person to enable stale production, and then it's possible that everyone will need to additionally add the first new block on the stale chain as a checkpoint.

Regardless, this is something we need to test and figure out how to do now on the test network.  We shouldn't plan on being totally reliant on bm to fix it if anything breaks.

Offline Bhuz

• Committee member
    • View Profile
After updating from test4 to test5, I get this when I try to run che cli
"Chain ID in wallet file does not match specified chain ID"

What should I do?

Offline spartako

• View Profile
Can't we restart the network with checkpoints instead of waiting for bm to do it?  I'm assuming the stress testing just delayed some nodes' block production and caused forking until no branch had minimum participation.

Yes, I think this is the problem, but how to do that? If we use --enable-stale-production every one create own fork, so we need a way to coordinate witness but I don't know how
wallet_account_set_approval spartako

Offline Thom

Sounds reasonable, so how do you determine a correct checkpoint parameter value to use in the config.ini file? I have several VPSs ready to go that will serve as a seed once that is determined.