Author Topic: October 5 Test Network  (Read 129238 times)

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube

Thanks for the reply clayop.

I used the exact same process to build asI always do, which doesn't use debug mode, always fetches from master. Today's build finished at 9:22 CDT and only 2 new commits were incorporated, as I said previously. Any other ideas?

Have you tried restarting with the old binary and try to see the differences from the console log?
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline Bhuz

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bhuz
What is the output of your witness?

Offline Thom

Mine crashed hard last night ...

The Mystery of the Flood Test

I needed to lower the IQ of this thread to participate.

Indeed, mysteries abound around here it seems. I know I can't explain why I'm missing blocks today. What have I changed? This:

1) new binaries, looks like only 2 commits since last build yesterday morning (at least that's what git reported)
2) wiped everything except config.ini and cli wallet

What is different? This:

1) witness complained upon starting the new binary that it didn't have the signing keys listed in the config.ini, tho they weren't changed.
2) delegate.verbaltech appears to be missing every block.

That's all I know. Would appreciate any insight anybody might have that can explain this.

Did you build the latest master? And used release mode instead of debugging mode?

Thanks for the reply clayop.

I used the exact same process to build asI always do, which doesn't use debug mode, always fetches from master. Today's build finished at 9:22 CDT and only 2 new commits were incorporated, as I said previously. Any other ideas?
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline spartako

• View Profile
Every day so many witnesses are not online, what is the reason?

Running backup nodes with alternative signing keys (update_witness) is a good start. As far as I've tested you can kill/update/resync a node and another will start signing instantly without loosing a single block.

Witnesses could also use spartako_bot on Telegram to monitor their witness.

+5%
There are 7 witnesses that are using the bot and nobody is missing blocks now...

You mean of those 7 right? I can confirm that doesn't apply to me.

Sure, there are 5 witnesses are missing blocks now and they are not using the bot
wallet_account_set_approval spartako

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop

Indeed, mysteries abound around here it seems. I know I can't explain why I'm missing blocks today. What have I changed? This:

1) new binaries, looks like only 2 commits since last build yesterday morning (at least that's what git reported)

What is different? This:

1) witness complained upon starting the new binary that it didn't have the signing keys listed in the config.ini, tho they weren't changed.

That's all I know. Would appreciate any insight anybody might have that can explain this.

Did you build the latest master? And used release mode instead of debugging mode?
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline Thom

Running backup nodes with alternative signing keys (update_witness) is a good start. As far as I've tested you can kill/update/resync a node and another will start signing instantly without loosing a single block.

+5%
There are 7 witnesses that are using the bot and nobody is missing blocks now...

You mean of those 7 right? I can confirm that doesn't apply to me.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline Thom

What is different? This:

Offline spartako

• View Profile

+5%
wallet_account_set_approval spartako

Tuck Fheman

Offline Thom

Could you explain this in more detail? I was using puppies post to do this but today my signing keys are reverted back to the originals. See my earlier post. It looks like I'm consistently missing blocks today, but get_witness delegate.verbaltech shows votes for the old keys and none for the new, tho I was signing blocks with the new key yesterday.

Offline Thom

Mine crashed hard last night, restarting now.

Perhaps some major flood tests were done during the night?

Don't know what is going on today, looks like all of my votes have gone away today and weird latency times are being reported:

5-10-06T15:35:45 latency: 170343383 ms from: delegate-1.lafona  irreversible: 29967 (-33)
3290282ms th_a       application.cpp:705           get_blockchain_synop ] synopsis: ["00007a0955f3d8a
5-10-07T00:48:21 latency: 137213378 ms from: init2  irreversible: 39975 (-25)
3317386ms th_a       application.cpp:705           get_blockchain_synop ] synopsis: ["0000a17900f4304

Interesting. When I restarted with the new binary I wiped the old object_database, blockchain, logs & p2p. Did NOT change the config.ini or the wallet. When the witness restarted it was complaining it didn't have the private key for delegate.verbaltech (it said for xxxx pub key actually), which was the old / original key. Yesterday I updated the witness and was operating all day with the new key.

Can someone explain why it reverted to using the old key?

I think I'm back in the game, all latency times are back to normal now. However, I'm missing blocks fairly regularly (Not sure, but with 35 active witnesses at 3 secs / block each round would be 105 seconds. So approximately every minute.45 each witness should produce a block. That is roughly how frequently I see my missed block count being incremented, so it looks like I'm missing every block - ??????????????????)

iHashFury

Offline rnglab

• View Profile
  • BitShares: rnglab

Offline wuyanren

• View Profile

Offline Spectral

i don't think git is the problem. Should I download source code from last snapshot or to get graphene from git. Maybe there is the error, because all you say I have done before. I have set up graphene before too

In case it may be helpful, here is the whole procedure I have used:

Code: [Select]
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
sudo apt-get install gcc-4.9 g++-4.9 cmake make libbz2-dev libdb++-dev libdb-dev libssl-dev openssl libreadline-dev autoconf libtool git unzip ntp
BOOST_ROOT=$HOME/opt/boost_1_57_0
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install autotools-dev build-essential g++ libbz2-dev libicu-dev python-dev
wget -c 'http://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/files/boost/1.57.0/boost_1_57_0.tar.bz2/download' -O boost_1_57_0.tar.bz2
[ $( sha256sum boost_1_57_0.tar.bz2 | cut -d ' ' -f 1 ) == "910c8c022a33ccec7f088bd65d4f14b466588dda94ba2124e78b8c57db264967" ] || ( echo 'Corrupt download' ; exit 1 )
tar xjf boost_1_57_0.tar.bz2
cd boost_1_57_0/
./bootstrap.sh "--prefix=$BOOST_ROOT"
./b2 install
cd ..
git clone https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene.git
cd graphene
git submodule update --init --recursive
BOOST_ROOT=$HOME/opt/boost_1_57_0
cmake -DBOOST_ROOT="$BOOST_ROOT" -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release .
make
Vote for BTS-2 witness: spectral (1.6.30)
0.9 DVS delegate: dvs1.bitspace
Stay tuned for bitspace-clains worker!