Author Topic: October 5 Test Network  (Read 127115 times)

iHashFury

sudo apt-get install doxygen

but read the top of the bash output as its probably boost

I will have a 2 CPU VPS witness up tonight

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Code: [Select]
-- Could NOT find Doxygen (missing:  DOXYGEN_EXECUTABLE)
-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

anybody a quick tip?

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
use this:

cmake -DBOOST_ROOT="$BOOST_ROOT" -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release

Offline bytemaster

https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene/releases/tag/test6

The goal of this test network is to test blockchain features rather than network throughput.   The network code has been intentionally rate limited by latency by only fetching one transaction at a time from each peer.  Low latency connections (10 ms) may be able to push up to 100 TPS along their link whereas high-latency connections (250ms) will only be able to push 4 TPS per second across their link.    This effectively rate limits how fast each PEER can broadcast.  The actual rate at which a witness can receive transactions will depend upon how many peers they are connected to, the latency to those peers, and the total number of unique transactions those peers know about.

A side effect of this rate limiting is that "flood attacks" could cause a traffic jam that prevent new transactions from getting included before they expire.   Users will have to try again later when the network is less busy.  If there was a sustained flood attack it would generate significant revenue for the network so it should be welcomed. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.