Author Topic: October 5 Test Network  (Read 128531 times)

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
What is this error?

Code: [Select]
unlocked >>> list_account_balances clayoptest22
list_account_balances clayoptest22
895630ms th_a       wallet.cpp:529                get_account          ] my account id 1.2.91534 different from blockchain id 1.2.91532
200000 TESTCLAY
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Xeldal

dump_private_key does not show my witness key. Anyone had similar experience? (fortunately I memoed the private key, so ready for producing blocks)

same here. 

there is a get_private_key , but I don't know how to use it.

I need an instruction of updating signing key. First of all, how to generate a new signing key?

suggest_brain_key
[Edit] import_key <account-name> <priv-key-5XX>  [\Edit]
use they public key from above in:
update_witness <account-name> "" <pub-key-GPH> true

use the key pair from the suggest_brain_key above to launch witness
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 07:30:48 pm by Xeldal »

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
Okay. I updated my signing key (Thanks spartako) Ready for producing blocks again.
delegate-clayop

Offline spartako

• View Profile
Please vote for spartako
wallet_account_set_approval spartako

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
I need an instruction of updating signing key. First of all, how to generate a new signing key?
delegate-clayop

Offline bytemaster

Can someone publish price feeds for USD?
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
dump_private_key does not show my witness key. Anyone had similar experience? (fortunately I memoed the private key, so ready for producing blocks)
delegate-clayop

Xeldal

What the bleep is going on! Dam if it's not one thing it's another.

admin@seed06:~/.BitShares2_bin$ ls -ls
total 822568
    0 lrwxrwxrwx 1 admin admin       38 Oct  5 18:38 cli_wallet -> cli_wallet_2015-10-05_test6-1-g60b5228
79456 -rwxr-xr-x 1 admin admin 81361534 Oct  5 17:01 cli_wallet_2015-10-05_test6
80464 -rwxr-xr-x 1 admin admin 82394008 Oct  5 18:32 cli_wallet_2015-10-05_test6-1-g60b5228
32304 -rw-r--r-- 1 admin admin 33079187 Oct  5 18:51 test6bin.tgz
    0 lrwxrwxrwx 1 admin admin       40 Oct  5 18:38 witness_node -> witness_node_2015-10-05_test6-1-g60b5228
76960 -rwxr-xr-x 1 admin admin 78803733 Oct  5 17:01 witness_node_2015-10-05_test6
78172 -rwxr-xr-x 1 admin admin 80045408 Oct  5 18:32 witness_node_2015-10-05_test6-1-g60b5228

Major difference in the binaries between those produced on the VPS vs my dev machine. Thought for sure that was the issue, but NOT!

I had no issues before with the build methodology I used for the testnet, now all lthe sudden shit is different. Ultra bummer.

There has got to be a silly stupid change made somewhere. I am going to compile test5 again and see if the binaries differ and if it runs. If it does then whatever is different is not on my end. You all will hear some explitives if that is the case. I doubt it is but I've spent WAY too much time dealing with this today and must go now. If test5 is built and runs without this silly json read error I know something else is the problem.

The only thing that may be the cause on my end I could see is the release flag, since nobody has bothered to answer THAT question. It will SUCK if it turns out that is the culprit. It really wouldn't surprise me tho. It just would be nice if I could get a straight answer. It will require changing wackou's code to fix that, which is not a big deal to do but the point is it shouldn't be necessary and it has cost me alot of time that those tools are supposed to save. The flags he uses to build the code have always worked before.

If the -D CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release definition is so crucial and is not the same as not defining it why is that so damned hard to answer? The build default should be release and the exception debug. Reversing it (if that is what has been done) has screwed at least 2 people.

Edit: just to make sure it wasn't the json file itself I used an old one, but still got the same error.

At the risk of beating that poor horse, forgive me, : ) I still believe it may have to do with the location of your json file.

put the .json file in ~/graphene/programs/witness_node  directory and launch without specifying an explicit location

for example
cd ~/graphene/programs/witness_node
wget https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene/releases/download/test6/oct5-genesis.json.zip
unzip oct5-genesis.json.zip

./witness_node --rpc-endpoint "127.0.0.1:8090"  --genesis-json oct5-genesis.json -d oct5 -s "104.236.51.238:2005"

I also changed nothing about my build process and I did not have any issues.  Hope that helps. : )

Offline Thom

What the bleep is going on! Dam if it's not one thing it's another.

admin@seed06:~/.BitShares2_bin$ ls -ls
total 822568
    0 lrwxrwxrwx 1 admin admin       38 Oct  5 18:38 cli_wallet -> cli_wallet_2015-10-05_test6-1-g60b5228
79456 -rwxr-xr-x 1 admin admin 81361534 Oct  5 17:01 cli_wallet_2015-10-05_test6
80464 -rwxr-xr-x 1 admin admin 82394008 Oct  5 18:32 cli_wallet_2015-10-05_test6-1-g60b5228
32304 -rw-r--r-- 1 admin admin 33079187 Oct  5 18:51 test6bin.tgz
    0 lrwxrwxrwx 1 admin admin       40 Oct  5 18:38 witness_node -> witness_node_2015-10-05_test6-1-g60b5228
76960 -rwxr-xr-x 1 admin admin 78803733 Oct  5 17:01 witness_node_2015-10-05_test6
78172 -rwxr-xr-x 1 admin admin 80045408 Oct  5 18:32 witness_node_2015-10-05_test6-1-g60b5228

Major difference in the binaries between those produced on the VPS vs my dev machine. Thought for sure that was the issue, but NOT!

I had no issues before with the build methodology I used for the testnet, now all lthe sudden shit is different. Ultra bummer.

There has got to be a silly stupid change made somewhere. I am going to compile test5 again and see if the binaries differ and if it runs. If it does then whatever is different is not on my end. You all will hear some explitives if that is the case. I doubt it is but I've spent WAY too much time dealing with this today and must go now. If test5 is built and runs without this silly json read error I know something else is the problem.

The only thing that may be the cause on my end I could see is the release flag, since nobody has bothered to answer THAT question. It will SUCK if it turns out that is the culprit. It really wouldn't surprise me tho. It just would be nice if I could get a straight answer. It will require changing wackou's code to fix that, which is not a big deal to do but the point is it shouldn't be necessary and it has cost me alot of time that those tools are supposed to save. The flags he uses to build the code have always worked before.

If the -D CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release definition is so crucial and is not the same as not defining it why is that so damned hard to answer? The build default should be release and the exception debug. Reversing it (if that is what has been done) has screwed at least 2 people.

Edit: just to make sure it wasn't the json file itself I used an old one, but still got the same error.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 06:34:09 pm by Thom »
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
Hmm still don't know why I was missing blocks.

Edit: Stupid of me.. I forgot replace old witness node file with newly built version. I am rebuilding now and will post once I'm ready.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 06:34:49 pm by clayop »
delegate-clayop

Offline mindphlux

• View Profile
Please consider voting for my witness mindphlux.witness and my committee user mindphlux. I will not vote for changes that affect witness pay.

Offline Fox

I'm built, synced and <nearly> ready to produce blocks.  I'm looking for 5000+ CORE to complete:
create_witness fox "" true
Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 06:28:52 pm by Fox »
Witness: fox

Offline mindphlux

• View Profile
Please vote for my witness, hosted on a dedicated server with 8 cores and 16gb of ram and a 100mbit line:

get_witness mindphlux.witness
{
  "id": "1.6.26",
  "witness_account": "1.2.91505",
  "last_aslot": 0,
  "signing_key": "GPH7kQ7HhW5RVzoNhAeV8LPcoWFR1WSfzeMrpCeRHm3C3VHG7MEQR",
  "vote_id": "1:36",
  "total_votes": 0,
  "url": "true",
  "total_missed": 0,
  "last_confirmed_block_num": 0
}

Thanks!
Please consider voting for my witness mindphlux.witness and my committee user mindphlux. I will not vote for changes that affect witness pay.

Offline boombastic

• View Profile
    • AngelShares Explorer
witness mr.agsexplorer (1.6.25) is ready
http://bitshares.dacplay.org/r/boombastic
Support My Witness: mr.agsexplorer
BTC: 1Bb6V1UStz45QMAamjaX8rDjsnQnBpHvE8

Offline bytemaster

xeldal is up and ready for your vote.  1.6.24

2core 4GB VPS

Voted :)
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.