Author Topic: October 5 Test Network  (Read 127066 times)

Offline Thom

Thanks Fox, I did create the witness:

Code: [Select]
get_witness delegate.verbaltech
{
  "id": "1.6.34",
  "witness_account": "1.2.22441",
  "last_aslot": 0,
  "signing_key": "GPH6oUevPDj52JK67E199jBAMBuh6CQBQGgkyLtoXKiAvTVCpvYU7",
  "vote_id": "1:45",
  "total_votes": 0,
  "url": "https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,13837.0.html",
  "total_missed": 0,
  "last_confirmed_block_num": 0
}

but when I tried to upgrade it I got this error:

unlocked >>> upgrade_account delegate.verbaltech true                                                       
upgrade_account delegate.verbaltech true
10 assert_exception: Assert Exception
!account_obj.is_lifetime_member():
    {}
    th_a  wallet.cpp:898 upgrade_account

{"name":"delegate.verbaltech"}
    th_a  wallet.cpp:909 upgrade_account
unlocked >>> list_account_balances delegate.verbaltech

list_account_balances delegate.verbaltech
20027 CORE

See that ! in there, that leads me to believe the account is NOT (!) a lifetime member. The cmd did produce an exception. If it meant it was ALREADY a lifetime member the message is fucked. Just one more to add to the list I guess!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 11:29:28 pm by Thom »
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline twitter

• View Profile
need  5000 core for my account to be wittiness :  bue

spartako  sent me 5000 core but i used it for register and my current balance is not enough for witness registration 

compiling .

can someone send 5000core to bue? Thanks

2015-10-05T15:57:30 Transfer 5000 CORE from spartako to bue   (Fee: 20 CORE)
witness:

Offline Thom

I don't know why I can't upgrade the account, never the less would somebody please vote delegate.verbaltech in?

Thanks!
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline Fox

@Thom

It looks like that account is already upgraded:
get_account delegate.verbaltech
{
  "id": "1.2.22441",
  "membership_expiration_date": "1969-12-31T23:59:59",
  "registrar": "1.2.22441",
  "referrer": "1.2.22441",
  "lifetime_referrer": "1.2.22441",

Try to create your witness:
create_witness delegate.verbaltech "Your URL here" true
Witness: fox

Offline Fox

I ended up on a fork.  Resync-blockchain in progress.  Back soon...

A fork you couldn't recover from automatically?

Yes, the node failed to find the main chain while actively producing blocks.  I've not yet reviewed the logs to determine when the fork occurred.  We should see a number of blocks that fox produced and were rejected by the network.  I noticed the block_head_age was minutes old, so restarted the node.  It failed to sync upon reboot, so I --resync-blockchain. 

Offline Thom

What the bleep is going on! Dam if it's not one thing it's another.

admin@seed06:~/.BitShares2_bin$ ls -ls
total 822568
    0 lrwxrwxrwx 1 admin admin       38 Oct  5 18:38 cli_wallet -> cli_wallet_2015-10-05_test6-1-g60b5228
79456 -rwxr-xr-x 1 admin admin 81361534 Oct  5 17:01 cli_wallet_2015-10-05_test6
80464 -rwxr-xr-x 1 admin admin 82394008 Oct  5 18:32 cli_wallet_2015-10-05_test6-1-g60b5228
32304 -rw-r--r-- 1 admin admin 33079187 Oct  5 18:51 test6bin.tgz
    0 lrwxrwxrwx 1 admin admin       40 Oct  5 18:38 witness_node -> witness_node_2015-10-05_test6-1-g60b5228
76960 -rwxr-xr-x 1 admin admin 78803733 Oct  5 17:01 witness_node_2015-10-05_test6
78172 -rwxr-xr-x 1 admin admin 80045408 Oct  5 18:32 witness_node_2015-10-05_test6-1-g60b5228

Major difference in the binaries between those produced on the VPS vs my dev machine. Thought for sure that was the issue, but NOT!

I had no issues before with the build methodology I used for the testnet, now all lthe sudden shit is different. Ultra bummer.

There has got to be a silly stupid change made somewhere. I am going to compile test5 again and see if the binaries differ and if it runs. If it does then whatever is different is not on my end. You all will hear some explitives if that is the case. I doubt it is but I've spent WAY too much time dealing with this today and must go now. If test5 is built and runs without this silly json read error I know something else is the problem.

The only thing that may be the cause on my end I could see is the release flag, since nobody has bothered to answer THAT question. It will SUCK if it turns out that is the culprit. It really wouldn't surprise me tho. It just would be nice if I could get a straight answer. It will require changing wackou's code to fix that, which is not a big deal to do but the point is it shouldn't be necessary and it has cost me alot of time that those tools are supposed to save. The flags he uses to build the code have always worked before.

If the -D CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release definition is so crucial and is not the same as not defining it why is that so damned hard to answer? The build default should be release and the exception debug. Reversing it (if that is what has been done) has screwed at least 2 people.

Edit: just to make sure it wasn't the json file itself I used an old one, but still got the same error.

At the risk of beating that poor horse, forgive me, : ) I still believe it may have to do with the location of your json file.

put the .json file in ~/graphene/programs/witness_node  directory and launch without specifying an explicit location

for example
cd ~/graphene/programs/witness_node
wget https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene/releases/download/test6/oct5-genesis.json.zip
unzip oct5-genesis.json.zip

./witness_node --rpc-endpoint "127.0.0.1:8090"  --genesis-json oct5-genesis.json -d oct5 -s "104.236.51.238:2005"

I also changed nothing about my build process and I did not have any issues.  Hope that helps. : )

The stench from that horse is pretty rank >:(

I got it working. I don't know why that part of the code changed but it is very obvious now that it indeed has. THANKS FOR THE NOTICE!!!!!  >:( >:( >:( >:(

It wasn't until I changed the -d option value to literally "-d oct5" that it started to work. If I changed it to ~/test6data it failed, even tho that folder exists and has the very same config.ini in it.

Here are the first few lines of output:
admin@seed06:~/graphene/programs/witness_node$ ./witness_node --rpc-endpoint "127.0.0.1:8090"  --genesis-json oct5-genesis.json -d oct5 -s "104.236.51.238:2005"3002247ms th_a       main.cpp:120                  main                 ] Writing new config file at /home/admin/graphene/programs/witness_node/oct5/config.ini
3002248ms th_a       witness.cpp:83                plugin_initialize    ] witness plugin:  plugin_initialize() begin

I then launched in the .BitShares2_build/programs/witness_node folder with the exact same cmd line and that worked OK too. The issue is how that --data-dir  (-d) command line parameter is processed and what it does with it -- THAT IS WHAT WAS CHANGED!!! If a full pathname starting from the root is specified it also works, but not with a ~ OR not with a hidden folder (/home/admin/.BitShares2 does not work either) as it did before.

@BM : This change renders the tools wackou built to launch the witness unusable without modification, and why? If this is simply an oversight / mistake I can accept that answer, but if not please explain why this change was done, why it's necessary and why no notice was provided.

BTW - my witness is up and running now, but I can't seem to upgrade it to lifetime member, tho I have > 20K CORE in the account:
unlocked >>> upgrade_account delegate.verbaltech true                                                       
upgrade_account delegate.verbaltech true
10 assert_exception: Assert Exception
!account_obj.is_lifetime_member():
    {}
    th_a  wallet.cpp:898 upgrade_account

{"name":"delegate.verbaltech"}
    th_a  wallet.cpp:909 upgrade_account

Did the parameters change or is it still 15K CORE to create a witness AND upgrade the status?

iHashFury

2 seed nodes up - feeds on the way

Offline wackou

...and the storm is over!

It seems though that cpu usage is consistently higher than before the test although there are no transactions happening in the network.

Please vote for witness wackou! More info at http://digitalgaia.io

Offline Bhuz

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bhuz
Besides "total_missed" in get_witness, what other infos should I check to see that I am signing blocks, how many, if I am not on a fork, and other important things?

Offline wackou

2-core 4GB vultr instance holding good, although I did miss 11 blocks... (about half)

Please vote for witness wackou! More info at http://digitalgaia.io

Offline bytemaster

A fork you couldn't recover from automatically?
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Fox

Offline bytemaster

looks like we are averaging 119 trx/sec with no significant problems.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline spartako

• View Profile
Publishing feeds...

my machine specs are:
Digital ocean in London:
16GBMemory
8 CoreProcessor
160GBSSD Disk
6TBTransfer
wallet_account_set_approval spartako

Offline jtme

get_witness jtm1