Author Topic: October 5 Test Network  (Read 128613 times)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Random question. I know that fees have been lowered in the testnet and can be dynamically altered. Would it be preferable to maintain low fees in the initial launch and increase fees later on as an incentive to onboard new users?

I agree and it should be a % of the transfer ( a fraction) so even micro transfer's would increase.
What about for example 0.2%(or whatever) with a maximum cap? Just saying....

Offline Thom

The last testnet you needed to set dan to be your voting proxy

Code: [Select]
set_voting_proxy <youraccountname> dan true
just wait for bytemaster to come around here and check who else needs voting  / check his proxy list

I must have missed that. Proxy is now set.

I just scanned the wallet commands (I dumped them all into an editor for easy reference) for proxy and slate, but I only see one item for setting the proxy.

How can I see what Dan's slate is from the cli_wallet interface?
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline betax

• View Profile
I'm not really sure what is going on (getting to be a typical response from me in this thread).

I'm not seeing much activity here today.

I would have thought it would be important to get as many people learning how to be a witness so the number of people with that type of ability will have actual experience in doing it.

It has been quite a learning curve and continues to be. The code continues to evolve as well, so it's a moving target.

Since I figured out how to work around the problems I discovered yesterday (still don't know yet their cause), I have managed to migrate a balance from 0.9.x into this testnet, create a witness account and be ready to get voted in. I see quite a few others here who are at the same spot but as yet are not voted in.

Why not? Are there not several people participating that have enough voting power to make that happen?

When BM started this test he described the parameters and  the primary purpose for this phase of testing. Glad to see that. Setting goals is the first requirement for measuring success. We should be doing more of that on all fronts. Each of us should also have personal goals for our participation in these tests.

My goals are to help the project, partly through my partnership with wackou to create quality infrastructure that serves as a reliable, low latency platform to run witness, seed and backbone nodes on, and partly to strengthen my technical prowess to manage such infrastructure.

I find my personal goals somewhat blocked at the moment, waiting on my partner (his candle is being burnt on both ends this week) and the other participants in this test (I still need some votes). I don't see that I have any direct control over those things at the moment.

All I can do is express my intentions and appeal to others.  It's rather like campaigning!

In the mean time I continue to streamline the tools we need to deploy a fully functional VPS with the least amount of manual steps and effort. Staying current with the changes is just one part of that. Communication is another. That's what I'm doing here.

The last testnet you needed to set dan to be your voting proxy

Code: [Select]
set_voting_proxy <youraccountname> dan true
just wait for bytemaster to come around here and check who else needs voting  / check his proxy list
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline mindphlux

• View Profile
My witness is publishing pricefeeds now.
Please consider voting for my witness mindphlux.witness and my committee user mindphlux. I will not vote for changes that affect witness pay.

Offline betax

• View Profile
Need some votes, I forgot to mentioned it here,  :o :o :o
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Thom

I'm not really sure what is going on (getting to be a typical response from me in this thread).

I'm not seeing much activity here today.

I would have thought it would be important to get as many people learning how to be a witness so the number of people with that type of ability will have actual experience in doing it.

It has been quite a learning curve and continues to be. The code continues to evolve as well, so it's a moving target.

Since I figured out how to work around the problems I discovered yesterday (still don't know yet their cause), I have managed to migrate a balance from 0.9.x into this testnet, create a witness account and be ready to get voted in. I see quite a few others here who are at the same spot but as yet are not voted in.

Why not? Are there not several people participating that have enough voting power to make that happen?

When BM started this test he described the parameters and  the primary purpose for this phase of testing. Glad to see that. Setting goals is the first requirement for measuring success. We should be doing more of that on all fronts. Each of us should also have personal goals for our participation in these tests.

My goals are to help the project, partly through my partnership with wackou to create quality infrastructure that serves as a reliable, low latency platform to run witness, seed and backbone nodes on, and partly to strengthen my technical prowess to manage such infrastructure.

I find my personal goals somewhat blocked at the moment, waiting on my partner (his candle is being burnt on both ends this week) and the other participants in this test (I still need some votes). I don't see that I have any direct control over those things at the moment.

All I can do is express my intentions and appeal to others.  It's rather like campaigning!

In the mean time I continue to streamline the tools we need to deploy a fully functional VPS with the least amount of manual steps and effort. Staying current with the changes is just one part of that. Communication is another. That's what I'm doing here.

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline Bhuz

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bhuz
running xeroc's pricefeed scrypt every 45 min

Offline boombastic

• View Profile
    • AngelShares Explorer
can witness mr.agsexplorer (1.6.25) have some votes?  Thanks.
http://bitshares.dacplay.org/r/boombastic
Support My Witness: mr.agsexplorer
BTC: 1Bb6V1UStz45QMAamjaX8rDjsnQnBpHvE8

Offline Spectral

Witness delegate.verbaltech is ready to start producing blocks if I can get some votes...

I would like to send a few votes your way! However, I remember @bytemaster saying something about the need to vote for the total number of witnesses you want to allow..? Until I figure out exactly what I need to be doing when voting, I have my votes proxied to dan.
Vote for BTS-2 witness: spectral (1.6.30)
0.9 DVS delegate: dvs1.bitspace
Stay tuned for bitspace-clains worker!

Offline Thom

Witness delegate.verbaltech is ready to start producing blocks if I can get some votes...

clout

Random question. I know that fees have been lowered in the testnet and can be dynamically altered. Would it be preferable to maintain low fees in the initial launch and increase fees later on as an incentive to onboard new users?

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
I just added several more of you to the slate I am voting for.  You should be in on the hour.

Thank you!  bitcube is producing blocks.

will there be a test of the referral system in this test net?
If you do so .. then there will :D

does the ?r=id thingy work?

Have you tried the graphene create user account command (at the cli_wallet)?  It has the referrer part.

no doubt about the blockchain level. I and I guess many others need to prepare for next week. and not knowing how to craft links is a major roadblock for marketers

I see.  You are looking for faucet or web-wallet referral links.  I think the devs are busy with the blockchain development and testing.  The ref link probably comes after it.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
I just added several more of you to the slate I am voting for.  You should be in on the hour.

Have you tried the graphene create user account command (at the cli_wallet)?  It has the referrer part.

no doubt about the blockchain level. I and I guess many others need to prepare for next week. and not knowing how to craft links is a major roadblock for marketers

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube

ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
nop .. you need to manually register another account and set yourself as referrar/registrar .. than you can use the new account and should see a payback in your original account