Author Topic: Hugs, Brownies and the Tale of Unsung Heroes..  (Read 3412 times)

Offline fuzzy

Inarizushi made a remarkable article in french in December 2014. Juging at the lenght and quality it, he probably spent quite a time on that.

That article has been for a long time the only acurate and detailed information in french. I recommanded this article several time when I had to explain what was BitShares to persons who don't read english.

It defensively help a lot of people to understand better what is BitShares.

It's not a direct help person to person but an indirect one. I just felt to mention it even if it's slightly out of subject  :P

This is a Golden start man.  Precisely the beginnings of what I'm looking for.  If you didn't mention what he has done, it would likely have gone unnoticed by a LARGE segment of the community. 

Now, with that said, can you try to round up this information:

So if someone has gone above and beyond the call of duty to help you lately, please advocate for them by posting about it in this thread in the following format:
1)  Who went above and beyond to help you?
2)  How did they help you?
3)  Approximately how long (in hours) did they help you?
4)  Approximate Date/Time you received help?   
5)  Did they ask for anything in return?
6)  Did you pay them anything?
7)  Any other details you feel are pertinent?

I will simply be bringing this stuff to the Brownie Distro thread to advocate for the people YOU help me identify.  These people are gold...and you are helping me mine them up.  Screw Bitcoin or any crypto...people are the gold that matters most.  :)
There are so many possibilities if we all decide to participate. Who knows...maybe someday identifying these people can be seen as a brownie-able event?  I am not certain on any of this...
But if brownies are dkp...there are many options we haven't even contemplated.  DKP is part of the giving economy that was long ago established by guilds/clans who had difficulty quantifying how helpful individuals were in the community and motivating community activity.  They have established specialized forums (hint hint), and many other tools that could with a modicum of work be retooled to replace DKP with UIAs and bitAssets alike...

Regardless, the more detail I can give, the higher likelihood that I can successfully advocate for a Brownie Reward.  What would be cool then, would be to have a guild bank to buy our way into cool events with limited participation or purchase services and various other things :D 

Just imagine where we will be in 3-5 years...
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
omg... I forgot Tonyk !!!

On my previous list definitely include TonykHe is one of my favorites in here and goes to the same category with Luckybit, Empirical, Arhag and Agend86

Even if he is obviously sarcastic about my list.

+5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5%

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
omg... I forgot Tonyk !!!

On my previous list definitely include Tonyk.  He is one of my favorites in here and goes to the same category with Luckybit, Empirical, Arhag and Agend86

Even if he is obviously sarcastic about my list.

Offline EstefanTT

Inarizushi made a remarkable article in french in December 2014. Juging at the lenght and quality of it, he probably spent quite a time on that.

That article has been for a long time the only acurate and detailed information in french. I recommanded this article several time when I had to explain what was BitShares to persons who don't read english.

It defensively help a lot of people to understand better what is BitShares.

It's not a direct help person to person but an indirect one. I just felt to mention it even if it's slightly out of subject  [emoji14]
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 09:28:08 pm by EstefanTT »
Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
A lot of people have helped me in the past in this forum and I do not want to miss anyone. So I appologise in advance for those that helped me and are not mentioned below. I have a very short memory.

Xeroc / liondani / fav / deludo / toast / devlux

technical support / technical support / technical support / technical support / personal advice

3)  Approximately how long did they help you?
2 years now / 2 years now / a couple of times / a couple of times / a couple of times / 1 time

all the time / all the time / July - Sept 2015 / Jul - Sept 2015 / in 2014 mostly / Oct 2015

No

No

Luckybit inspires me a lot with his posts
Empirical, Arhag and Agent86 with their critical thinking
KenCode, Onceuponatime, Datasecuritynode, fuzzy for promoting bts
Stan and Dan when they post my confidence in the project is reinstated
Ander provides some times good technical analysis for the market

A lot of people are awesome in here and I am very grateful. Again I apologize for not mentioning others

That's about my list* as well...
*[well technically it is not cause a lot of names are missing from mine and some of the mentioned are not even close to coming into it, but this is not the point I am trying to make]

Except I would want to give special thanks to fav for pointing  out all the advantages that the  NXT and  jl777's projects have, in any way particularly twistable in their favour, in any advice I got!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 08:21:16 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline fuzzy

as in "I gave them money" or "I vote for their Delegate/s"?

Use your own judgment.  This is loosely done but with requirements to fill out that template for me to be able to try to have it taken seriously.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

as in "I gave them money" or "I vote for their Delegate/s"?

Offline werneo

• View Profile
    • chronicle of the precession of simulacra
  • BitShares: werneo
xeroc and fav have helped me with technical issues, among others.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
A lot of people have helped me in the past in this forum and I do not want to miss anyone. So I appologise in advance for those that helped me and are not mentioned below. I have a very short memory.

Xeroc / liondani / fav / deludo / toast / devlux

technical support / technical support / technical support / technical support / personal advice

3)  Approximately how long did they help you?
2 years now / 2 years now / a couple of times / a couple of times / a couple of times / 1 time

all the time / all the time / July - Sept 2015 / Jul - Sept 2015 / in 2014 mostly / Oct 2015

No

No

Luckybit inspires me a lot with his posts
Empirical, Arhag and Agent86 with their critical thinking
KenCode, Onceuponatime, Datasecuritynode, fuzzy for promoting bts
Stan and Dan when they post my confidence in the project is reinstated
Ander provides some times good technical analysis for the market

A lot of people are awesome in here and I am very grateful. Again I apologize for not mentioning others

Offline brownie.pts

• HUGS.
    • View Profile
HUGS for unsung BTS Heros!! I personally am guarding the Tomb of the Unknown Whale today, if anyone wants to stop by and say hi.

HUGS!

(P.S. Tuck Fehman is my unsung BTS hero)
I Appreciate YOU

Offline phillyguy

xeroc

PS no explanations, the name is self-explanatory

We know he is a bad dude.  The template, though, was not covered...sadly for xeroc that does not help him  :(

-5%
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 12:06:37 pm by phillyguy »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fuzzy

spartako!

For helping me to setup a new account in the cli wallet, sending CORE to register a new witness etc. Happened 3 times so far (testnet3-testnet6)

So if someone has gone above and beyond the call of duty to help you lately, please advocate for them by posting about it in this thread in the following format:
3)  Approximately how long (in hours) did they help you?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 03:06:50 am by fuzzy »

Offline mindphlux

• View Profile
spartako!

For helping me to setup a new account in the cli wallet, sending CORE to register a new witness etc. Happened 3 times so far (testnet3-testnet6)

Please consider voting for my witness mindphlux.witness and my committee user mindphlux. I will not vote for changes that affect witness pay.

Offline fuzzy

xeroc

We know he is a bad dude.  The template, though, was not covered...sadly for xeroc that does not help him  :(

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
xeroc