Author Topic: [CHA][CMO] Proposal for Charity & Marketing  (Read 11258 times)

Offline phrozenspite

• View Profile
you have my vote as well
supporting Newmine for a fair Memorycoin
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=389386.0

emre

congrats, you just made it at block #5480.

Offline robonix

• View Profile
    • Auto Hackeate, Reprogramando el sustrato vital
With all due respect to IsaacGoldbourne and his work to support Sean's Outpost you have my vote...best of luck

Offline 5chdn

• i wonder how many chars i can put in this field 50
    • View Profile
    • Votesapp
  • GitHub: 5chdn
I really quite like this idea, but I'd suggest a few modifications to your proposal - I think it would be better if you charged a fixed administration fee in Euros or Dollars, not a percentage. The value of the grant can vary widely but the administration of it is a fairly fixed cost. I don't see that you need infrastructure. I'd also recommend weekly reports on the three charities chosen.
Thanks for your feedback. Your thoughts are quite constructive for my proposal. I will drop the administration fee, this is not needed for the job and better for the identity of the charity award. Rewards will be 100% charity.

And weekly reports are no problem either.

What do you mean by infrastructure by the way, you weren't very clear but its really quite a simple job. MMC to exchange, exchange to charity.

I plan to communicate the Charity Award in a way people recieving donations understand where they come from and why. That's why I proposed a weblog in the original post and a charity logo. This will draw some attention to the MMC not only as "yet another altcoin" but a serious project and community.

But I have to admit I was rethinking this whole proposal and I wont need any additional coins for that. The blog and logo can be provided by the CMO funds. That's what marketing is for, isnt it?  ;)

Offline isaacgoldbourne

• View Profile
Personally I feel that Seans Outpost is an ideal cause, it currently accepts Bitcoin directly, has the attention of the mainstream media and is focusing on one specific cause.

What do you mean by infrastructure by the way, you weren't very clear but its really quite a simple job. MMC to exchange, exchange to charity.
MemoryDice now available! https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1886.0
 Vote for me to be CNO of memorycoin if you want these services. Just send 1 satoshi!
CNO: MVTEcno2tbsJWj7AQEyEjgk72j94hbPHFm

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
Yes, I plan to select small organisations which are currently involved in interesting tasks. Keeping track of news items will allow me to pick out some active. For example, I just came accross the work of ACLU in the U.S. http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/01/business/judge-upholds-us-right-to-search-devices-at-border.html

You mentioned you want a direct candidate without any intermediate, but I think it would be better to pick more than just one organisation and therefore you need an CHA representive. As I said before I'm working for an NGO, but I wouldnt feel comfortable with prioritizing my organisation over others.

Yes, I will take a small amounts (<10%) of the rewards for other things than charity donations. This will include in the first place creating infrastructure as mentioned in the original post and yeah, a tiny administration fee on my behalf.

A transparent charity report will be issued once a month.

I really quite like this idea, but I'd suggest a few modifications to your proposal - I think it would be better if you charged a fixed administration fee in Euros or Dollars, not a percentage. The value of the grant can vary widely but the administration of it is a fairly fixed cost. I don't see that you need infrastructure. I'd also recommend weekly reports on the three charities chosen.

Regarding the ACLU - it's a great cause and would chime with MC users, but it is not an example of a small charity with a specific project.
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline robonix

• View Profile
    • Auto Hackeate, Reprogramando el sustrato vital
Yes, I plan to select small organisations which are currently involved in interesting tasks. Keeping track of news items will allow me to pick out some active. For example, I just came accross the work of ACLU in the U.S. http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/01/business/judge-upholds-us-right-to-search-devices-at-border.html

You mentioned you want a direct candidate without any intermediate, but I think it would be better to pick more than just one organisation and therefore you need an CHA representive. As I said before I'm working for an NGO, but I wouldnt feel comfortable with prioritizing my organisation over others.

Yes, I will take a small amounts (<10%) of the rewards for other things than charity donations. This will include in the first place creating infrastructure as mentioned in the original post and yeah, a tiny administration fee on my behalf.

A transparent charity report will be issued once a month.

you have my vote as CHA as soon as I recive a payout from pool...good luck!

Offline 5chdn

• View Profile
    • Votesapp

Yes, I will take a small amounts (<10%) of the rewards for other things than charity donations. This will include in the first place creating infrastructure as mentioned in the original post and yeah, a tiny administration fee on my behalf. Fixed, 100% will go to charity.

A transparent charity report will be issued once a month week.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 09:26:23 am by donschoe »

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
Thanks Don,

I like your idea about distributing it to different charities, but I don't think you should ask the community to vote on each one. If you choose them and just report on the choices you made it would be better. Also I think it would be better to choose smaller, less well known charities that are focused on specific projects. Would you propose a fee for undertaking the administration, or do you plan to do it unfunded?
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline 5chdn

• View Profile
    • Votesapp
With all due respect to IsaacGoldbourne and his work to support Sean's Outpost I want to step up for the Charity Award and propose a new approach dividing the charity.

TLDR: vote for me as a charity representive for Memorycoin if you support me and my ideas on dividing the MMC Charity. Send exactly 0.00000001 MMC to: MVTEcha4La8HeNaewF4oaSFUwaRep8xEyR

Update: Support my work for the charity award and help me to fund indrastructure and administration efford through the Chief Marketing Officer position. Vote for me: MVTEcmoP92qAeS8nMmM41pQJxmMgeJP4N8

The charity award identity.
The Charity award needs a face and an identity. I will push things forward to create that identity with a new MMC-Charity logo and an embedded weblog explaining why Memorycoin is different and what happens with the charity awards in detail.

My approach on this.
Currently 1% of the generated are going to Sean's Outpost to help homeless people. I would thank for IsaacGoldbourne for doing this during the christmas time. But for now I think we should escalate this charity award on a more broader scale.

I'm planning to use the generated funds to create 3 major donations each week covering each one of the following fields:
  • Social projects: Persons or organisations who are working with and for poor/handicapped/etc. people. I want to support people who are left behind in the society and/or need special help with that project. This is the main charity project and covers mostly health and social topics. Examples would be Médecins Sans Frontières or Human Rights Watch.
  • Environmental projects: Persons or organisations who are involved in protecting our earth and the environment to preserve this planet for our children and grandchildren, for example Greenpeace or the UNEP.
  • Political projects: Persons or organisations who are trying to make this world a more fair and democratic place. Example organisations can be Transparancy International or the Electronic Frontier Foundation.

Note: the examples are just to explain which sector I want to work on. I will propose canditates each week for every sector and the community will be able to vote on which person/organisation should recieve the funds.

A must for all projects is that they do not accept major donations from global economy players and that they are working as a non-profit organisation. This is to avoid conflicts of interest with the MMC charity project.

Me as representive.
I'm 26 and from Berlin. I'm a software engineer and daddy. Currently I'm working as a developer for a German NGO which is active in the field of political transparency.

Transparency is an very important for me on this subject. I wish to publish all donations I made with the available funds and explain them in a own dedicated MMC charity website. I plan to publish monthly reports on the work.

Support my work for the charity award and help me to fund indrastructure and administration efford through the Chief Marketing Officer position. Vote for me: MVTEcmoP92qAeS8nMmM41pQJxmMgeJP4N8

That way I am able to communicate the value of Memorycoin along with the weekly charity donations and can ensure 1) that at least 100% of the CHA funds are available for charity and 2) that the work in that area is not absorbed by unknowing or ignorance.

I'm willing to create a charity logo and blog. Furthermore I try to arrange interviews/articles in mainstream bitcoin media about Memorycoin, its democratic structures and the charity award funding.

I will be working together with the Support and Technical department to ensure the Memorycoin presentation to world online will work flawless.

With the funds I will hire people to help out on important tasks like graphics design (logos, infographics, ...), writing (blogs, articles) and so on.

Please, if you like my ideas, vote for me as a Charity Award representive in the Memorycoin executive board and send 0.00000001 MMC to: MVTEcha4La8HeNaewF4oaSFUwaRep8xEyR and MVTEcmoP92qAeS8nMmM41pQJxmMgeJP4N8

Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 05:13:48 pm by donschoe »