Author Topic: Bot  (Read 2411 times)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
The bot's greatest skills are being able to undercut your order by 1 sat, over and over again until you give up, and never sleeping. :P
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Manucrypt

• View Profile
All bots eventually blow up their accounts.  The key is realizing when this is starting and winding down the bot before majors damage is incurred.  There are simply too many variables for 1 bot to handle and be profitable in all market comditions.  This is one reason manual traders have an edge over bots, because an experienced trader can sense market changes on the fly.

Amazing answer. The skill is to sense bot activity and act manually. But thats too unatural. Its like fighting with a robot... ::)

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
it's 100% sure some experienced members/traders/coders have their personal bot's out there! But nothing official  :)

Thanks for your answer. I think coders have the upper hand while trading. Why should humans ever trade, they are definitely less skillful than bots. Let the bots fight each other then, no point trading, bots know what humans do, bots buy and sell according to human buy and sell orders.

All bots eventually blow up their accounts.  The key is realizing when this is starting and winding down the bot before majors damage is incurred.  There are simply too many variables for 1 bot to handle and be profitable in all market comditions.  This is one reason manual traders have an edge over bots, because an experienced trader can sense market changes on the fly.

Offline Manucrypt

• View Profile
On buying a bot: simply don't if the source code is not open and free to change and use. And only buy to see the code :)

Who wants to sell a bot?
- An exchange that wants liquidity. And also it will earn money via fees.
- A bot developer who thinks the bot can only earn money by selling the bot!!! I mean if your bot really earns money, why would you sell it? You just keep your exponential winnings to yourself.
- An exchange player who wants the market to behave in a certain way.

I dont see a winning scenerio in buying a bot in long term if your only intention is to use bots written by others.

Amazing approarch to the topic lakerta06. I am going to let the bots fight each other then. I am not bullet point 3. I traded manually big amounts 6 times, bots traded accordingly, I lost money 5 times, I had a profit 1 time. So the scenario is who is going to code the smarter bot then. Awful.

Offline Manucrypt

• View Profile
it's 100% sure some experienced members/traders/coders have their personal bot's out there! But nothing official  :)

Thanks for your answer. I think coders have the upper hand while trading. Why should humans ever trade, they are definitely less skillful than bots. Let the bots fight each other then, no point trading, bots know what humans do, bots buy and sell according to human buy and sell orders.

Offline lakerta06

On buying a bot: simply don't if the source code is not open and free to change and use. And only buy to see the code :)

Who wants to sell a bot?
- An exchange that wants liquidity. And also it will earn money via fees.
- A bot developer who thinks the bot can only earn money by selling the bot!!! I mean if your bot really earns money, why would you sell it? You just keep your exponential winnings to yourself.
- An exchange player who wants the market to behave in a certain way.

I dont see a winning scenerio in buying a bot in long term if your only intention is to use bots written by others.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
since many people that are very very experienced are on the same market ..

Thank you for your response xeroc. I understood the issue. As for who is very very experienced on BTS market, are they trading manually?

Offline Manucrypt

• View Profile
since many people that are very very experienced are on the same market ..

Thank you for your response xeroc. I understood the issue. As for who is very very experienced on BTS market, are they trading manually?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
The problem with bots is .. either you buy a bot that does not perform at its best (since you are competing with all the others that bought the same bot)
or you build your own strategy that may not be as profitable as well since many people that are very very experienced are on the same market ..

As for your question: I am not aware of an publicly available polo bot .. maybe HaasBot

Offline Manucrypt

• View Profile
Bot
Hi everybody,

My name is Manucrypt, you probably know me chatting on the Poloniex's trollbox sometimes. Right, I am trading cryptos for quite a while know, but indeed I see myself as a noob. What do you guys think? I have been trading manually on Poloniex, but my problem is that I am stuck on the screen too much.

What do you guys think about running a bot? Do you think it solves the problem? Do you know any good bot for trading BTS/BTC on Poloniex?

:)

Thanks