Author Topic: Account without balance. Will pay for help :D  (Read 3557 times)

38PTSWarrior

To make it small and import = Transaction not broadcasted
To backup and import the bin  = Transaction not broadcasted
I think I have to wait. All browsers get very slow after trying to send the claiming transaction.
Script not responding, maybe it has something to do with this, who knows.

unreadPostsSinceLastVisit

@chryspano @merockstar Thank you!!  8)
Why is there not an abc introduction on the wallet of sticky on the forum suggesting hacking the json to be small and claiming the balance.. would save so much time.

dont thank me. thank @svk and @jcalfee1

Offline davidpbrown

@chryspano @merockstar Thank you!!  8)
Why is there not an abc introduction on the wallet of sticky on the forum suggesting hacking the json to be small and claiming the balance.. would save so much time.
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

I am so affraid that maybe I don't have a backup. Tomorrow when i wake up I will try again. I have a backup but if that is a good one? Fuuuuuck

if you managed to have 270/60000 keys you have a good backup.

you only need a new backup when you've made the big long balance claim transaction at the end that you spoke about.
I did but didn't realize that it imported and maybe I made a backup. I think this backup was from before I rescanned my wallet. I think the not imported balance is lost forever right? That would be bad. Oh man why why why

it can say "keys imported," and you still not have CLAIMED your balance.

as long as you haven't CLAIMED your balance you're good.

and it doesn't sound to me like you have.

38PTSWarrior

I am so affraid that maybe I don't have a backup. Tomorrow when i wake up I will try again. I have a backup but if that is a good one? Fuuuuuck

you only need a new backup when you've made the big long balance claim transaction at the end that you spoke about.
I did but didn't realize that it imported and maybe I made a backup. I think this backup was from before I rescanned my wallet. I think the not imported balance is lost forever right? That would be bad. Oh man why why why

38PTSWarrior

I didn't read your whole post.. wait

i edited it.

didn't expect you to be as on top of things lol.

38PTSWarrior

I didn't read your whole post.. wait

So in the worker you broadcasted the balance claim and it went thru? Did you see balance?

yep.

then i made a backup. used the backup in openledger and it's worked flawlessly for me since.

im still on 14.04 though. so your results may vary.

38PTSWarrior

So in the worker you broadcasted the balance claim and it went thru? Did you see balance?

before it would work for me, i had to import my freshly pruned wallet into http://bitshares.org/worker/ (even though it was already pruned) make a backup there, and then import the backup from there into openledger.

no need to delete firefox. when I wanted to take another stab at it. i just went into wallet management screen and hit delete wallet.

also the transaction broadcast part comes after the balance claim, which is a separate step from the import. if you manage to get past the transaction broadcast make sure you don't delete your wallet without backing it up first.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 06:04:49 am by merockstar »

38PTSWarrior

Maybe it's because of the ppa I am using? It is maqfirnas (sorry that I forgot to spell your name right) 32bit ppa thing for Ubuntu. What else could it be?

38PTSWarrior

I used Firefox and I saw the green pop up windows saying 'keys successfully imported'. I cannot see any balances. I used a filter for the json before importing. How can I make the balances visible?

38PTSWarrior

It keeps around 270 keys from 60000. The only thing that doesn't work is 'broadcasting transaction' - the very final step right? I have gui and console backups, the ones I filtered manually also didn't broadcast the transaction. I rescanned the blockchain and have 2 new export files. These I did not filter manually, I guess there is no need since the filter is built in already.

I don't know how many days I am trying this already but I get weak.