Author Topic: "Password Incorrect"  (Read 1552 times)

Offline derfshaya

• View Profile
Oh my gosh.

Sorry for the misinformation, anyone who chanced upon this thread.

I managed to unlock my wallet (with the newly exported backup from 0.9.2). I think my clipboard was filled with something else when I attempted to paste it into the password box earlier on, which was why it said "incorrect password".

Sorry guys.

Offline derfshaya

• View Profile
Hi! Thank you for replying to this.

I am not sure where my last backup was from, but my wallet was still accessible from 0.9.2 in Windows the last time I remembered, with the same password. So probably the client updated with the live wallet data which still worked but the backup has no longer been compatible.

However, I just tried exporting from 0.9.2 again and loading that JSON export into 0.9.3c and again, I'm greeted with the same error message...

Will try logging in from 0.9.2 again with the same password and see if I have lost my funds for good. Hopefully this is only a 0.9.3c thing, but looking at the lack of complaints on the board, it doesn't seem so.

Once again, thank you for your reply.

Offline Frodo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: frodo
No worries this has happened before. Although this problem has only appeared with old backups (pre 0.5 or something). Are you sure the backup you're trying to import is from 0.9.2?

Yes making a new backup is always a good idea.

Offline derfshaya

• View Profile
EDIT: I found this other thread at https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,18887.0.html which answers my query. That should be a sticky.

Hi. I just compiled BitShares 0.9.3c on my Linux Mint today and attempted to import my old backup JSON, using the same password I used when I was on 0.9.2 (on Windows 7). But it says my password is incorrect, and directed me here. I'm very worried =(

Is there anything I should be aware of while importing backups across versions? Thank you in advance!

Failed to restore wallet backup. Your original wallet has been restored. Error: invalid password (20001)
Invalid password!

If you are sure that your password and backup file are correct, please post a support request here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/board,45.0.html

Meanwhile, I should try to do a fresh export from 0.9.2 while I still can...
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 07:14:31 pm by derfshaya »