Author Topic: BitShares X Status Update  (Read 261056 times)

Offline lib

• liberty
    • View Profile
In tonights update I can report that the BitShares wallet API now supports covering of your short positions.  While implementing this code I realized that the transaction verification for processing the covering of short positions will be a bit more complicated than I had originally thought.  Next on my agenda is to get a robust algorithm for validating transactions that cover multiple short positions at once.   

Things get much more complicated when a single transaction can have many different units, shorts, longs, etc and I have to have robust validation that prevents these combined inputs from being used to manipulate the margin requirements.   Ultimately I may have to place some limits on the number and kinds of inputs a transaction can have.   I will continue to post daily updates.

Really great work! Every update will be transferred to Chinese sub forum immediately. (https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1937)
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA
Personal Address: PakhuBkqTu4oTHJ4ZffvzVwCGCMfuqazgm

Offline bytemaster

In tonights update I can report that the BitShares wallet API now supports covering of your short positions.  While implementing this code I realized that the transaction verification for processing the covering of short positions will be a bit more complicated than I had originally thought.  Next on my agenda is to get a robust algorithm for validating transactions that cover multiple short positions at once.   

Things get much more complicated when a single transaction can have many different units, shorts, longs, etc and I have to have robust validation that prevents these combined inputs from being used to manipulate the margin requirements.   Ultimately I may have to place some limits on the number and kinds of inputs a transaction can have.   I will continue to post daily updates.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline cob

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cobb
bytemaster. You are a genius. So much of the success hedges on your pioneering work. Please be safe.

Yeah.. Could somebody like... guard his house or something?
Seriously we need to build a anti drone sam-site in his backyard haha.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
congratulation!
In tonights update I am pleased to announce that the blockchain has created its first BitUSD after pairing a short and long.  You can view the debug output to see how the transactions were structured here:  http://the-iland.net/static/chain.html

Next up on the agenda is to enable the destruction of the BitUSD that was just created by covering the position. 

More updates in the days ahead.

Offline johncitizen

• View Profile
bytemaster. You are a genius. So much of the success hedges on your pioneering work. Please be safe.

Offline 8bit

• View Profile
What's the best ETA for Bitshares? I heard bytemaster say he's going to go in a cave for two weeks, but the change from POW to POS would mean a complete rework of the system. AngelShares gives them some money to get more coders, but all those people will need to be trained or caught up. I'm figuring we might be looking at around 6 months to a BitShares release. Especially since the security people still have to comb through everything. Does anyone have better estimates?

Bump.  Same, Estimated ETA would be great.

I concur. What is the approximate release date, tentatively?

I will have a working command line alpha wallet + blockchain algorithm this month.  I just checked in code that generates bids and short positions as well as transfers and builds a block chain.   I have to implement the bid/ask matching engine which I will have roughed in this week.   Now that I am focused entirely on this I hope to make rapid progress and will report in to this thread every day with my progress.

I'm asking mainly for two reasons:

1,  Gives me time to buy more PTS and plan ahead
2,  Setup more hardware for mining BTS.

Even if you said 6 month or 1 year then its something for me to work towards?

Ta
BTS won't be mined, just so you are aware. It's just AGS and PTS now.

How will this work, exactly? How it the security of the blockchain maintained, who processes transactions, and how is the economy inflated?
Code: [Select]
wallet_approve_delegate eightbitA VOTE FOR EIGHTBIT IS A VOTE FOR CRUDE DICK ART

Offline bytemaster

In tonights update I am pleased to announce that the blockchain has created its first BitUSD after pairing a short and long.  You can view the debug output to see how the transactions were structured here:  http://the-iland.net/static/chain.html

Next up on the agenda is to enable the destruction of the BitUSD that was just created by covering the position. 

More updates in the days ahead.

Offline ruletheworld

• View Profile
    • BTC Geek
What's the best ETA for Bitshares? I heard bytemaster say he's going to go in a cave for two weeks, but the change from POW to POS would mean a complete rework of the system. AngelShares gives them some money to get more coders, but all those people will need to be trained or caught up. I'm figuring we might be looking at around 6 months to a BitShares release. Especially since the security people still have to comb through everything. Does anyone have better estimates?

I will have a working command line alpha wallet + blockchain algorithm this month.  I just checked in code that generates bids and short positions as well as transfers and builds a block chain.   I have to implement the bid/ask matching engine which I will have roughed in this week.   Now that I am focused entirely on this I hope to make rapid progress and will report in to this thread every day with my progress.

Ta
BTS won't be mined, just so you are aware. It's just AGS and PTS now.
PTS: PYRqARWMGQ1PeZvjJM6iWJxf2ouwYcueHF
BTC: 1NeRoAKp137GTDUEBaonbu5BUGPN17Xw5n
http://btcgeek.com

Offline NineLives

• View Profile
    • BITCOIN TALK PROFILE

Ta
Keyhotee / BTSX:  Merah    PTS:  PskEDN4AeWc1trW4zV7DGGTQi3y5LeVhFR 

BTC Mining Hardware IN STOCK NOW:  http://www.mininghardware.co.uk

Offline voldemort628

• View Profile

looks good! keep up the good work! :)

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
I can't wait!

Offline bytemaster

Offline SpeedDemon13

• View Profile

Offline NineLives

• View Profile
    • BITCOIN TALK PROFILE

Keyhotee / BTSX:  Merah    PTS:  PskEDN4AeWc1trW4zV7DGGTQi3y5LeVhFR 

BTC Mining Hardware IN STOCK NOW:  http://www.mininghardware.co.uk

Offline que23

• View Profile
PTS: Pa75dEzGkMcnM85hRMbdKiS1YdF81rnSCF