Author Topic: BitShares X Status Update  (Read 260978 times)

Offline bytemaster

Today I made significant progress improving the usability of the command line interface and fixing many bugs that came up in the process.   Rounding errors and imprecision continues to crop up when there are odd prices and so I spent some more time handling rounding.

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

proof of stake is mostly implemented.
consensus is post MVP but on the todo list.
We will launch a test network with bounties to find bugs prior to launching the final version.  So this TODO list is only MVP for Test Network.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline vikram

… With a little careful work I can always round down so that these rounding errors act as a kind of extra 'fee' the network charges users and no new coin ever gets created.

I think rounding down both sides and destroying a few satoshis is the best way.

I agree. Everything about BitShares thus far seems exceedingly elegant, and a rounding solution that might result in supply inflation doesn't fit.

Today I fixed many bugs while cleaning up the console output which now dumps all log messages to a file.  The display of market data is partially implemented, but I do not yet find the CLI interface intuitive so I cannot cross #2 off my list quite yet.   

1) Clean Up CLI interface and remove console SPAM
2) Add display of market data (order book and current prices)
3) Add automatic margin call functionality
4) Implement client/server model for network communications
5) Add calculation of interest due and earned for short/long positions
6) Add calculation of dividends earned on bts positions.
7) Integrate PTS and BTC wallet import tools
8) Initialize genesis block and validate I can spend AGS and PTS balances.
9) Implement JSON-RPC API to go with CLI interface.

• Where is Consensus + Proof of Stake in this list?
  • I understand that we are talking about MVP, but explicitly adding a full security review at the end of the list seems like a good idea considering how ridiculously important this code is.
  • With the new branding, is this thread now referring to BitShares BEX?

These updates are great. Please continue keeping your head down and churning out quality code as fast as possible.

Offline bytemaster

Today I fixed many bugs while cleaning up the console output which now dumps all log messages to a file.  The display of market data is partially implemented, but I do not yet find the CLI interface intuitive so I cannot cross #2 off my list quite yet.   

9) Implement JSON-RPC API to go with CLI interface.

Offline bytemaster

Can't wait to test, seems two loops going and the match_orders thread messed up the command screen...

Is there anyway to redirect the ilog() outputs?

Yes, the logging system supports redirecting everything to a file.   

Offline phoenix

• View Profile
Things seem to be moving along very quickly! I think that if you keep moving at this speed, the value of angelshares will go up a lot, since there will be fewer angelshares than protoshares by the time bitshares are released, making each angelshare worth more bitshares! 8)
Protoshares: Pg5EhSZEXHFjdFUzpxJbm91UtA54iUuDvt
Bitmessage: BM-NBrGi2V3BZ8REnJM7FPxUjjkQp7V5D28

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
So fast you are!
Can't wait to test, seems two loops going and the match_orders thread messed up the command screen...

Offline alt

• View Profile
thx! We are more close to the target!
Today I made some major progress on the MVP client.  I have a CLI client without any network connectivity that allows me to place bids, asks, shorts, cover, and cancel open orders.  It will print out user balances as well as their margin positions.  This is combined with all of the work necessary to make sure I can quit and reload the my wallet and block chain.  Items on the TODO list for MVP include:

I will probably add new items to the list as I come across them.

Offline Anytime

• View Profile
Thanks for your hard work!!! 
may I ask about when could BTS be finished?   ^_^

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile

Update: Found that default logger config output logs to stderr, so we can just ignore the match orders logs by redirect stderr to file, e.g. on windows:
Code: [Select]
bts_wallet.exe 2>ilog.txt
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 03:09:55 am by HackFisher »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline pinov

• View Profile
Thx for sharing this info

keep fingers crossed:)
Approve pinov and pinof & earn BTSX on every transaction you make
wallet_approve_delegate pinov
wallet_approve_delegate pinof

Offline markzookerburg

• View Profile

Offline bytemaster

Today I made some major progress on the MVP client.  I have a CLI client without any network connectivity that allows me to place bids, asks, shorts, cover, and cancel open orders.  It will print out user balances as well as their margin positions.  This is combined with all of the work necessary to make sure I can quit and reload the my wallet and block chain.  Items on the TODO list for MVP include:

I will probably add new items to the list as I come across them. 

Offline alt

• View Profile
Wish a todolist for the MVP.
Today was another long day of meetings with the core Invictus team.... much happened, but no code status to report.   Many updates soon.

Offline bytemaster

Today was another long day of meetings with the core Invictus team.... much happened, but no code status to report.   Many updates soon.