Author Topic: BitShares X Status Update  (Read 260921 times)

Offline bytemaster

This would be the test network and not the pts snapshot.  I will announce pts snapshot after we have had solid testing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
Feb 1st? big surprise! I think I should change more ags, because 1 ags = 2 bts, if you release before 4.10.
Today I implemented many major bug fixes that address the issues found by Hacker Fish earlier. 

My target for initial alpha testing of a MVP is Feb 1st, but this is not a hard deadline and more of a personal goal that I may or may not achieve based upon schedule and time constraints.  I am terrible at estimating things and of course bugs are unpredictable in the amount of time they take to track down.

On deck for tomorrow:  margin calls.
Then implement fees.
Then interest payments on BitAssets.

Lastly everything related to block numbers and time stamps needs to be audited now that we have moved from 5 minute average blocks to 30 seconds or 1st transaction blocks.

Offline bytemaster

Today I implemented many major bug fixes that address the issues found by Hacker Fish earlier. 

My target for initial alpha testing of a MVP is Feb 1st, but this is not a hard deadline and more of a personal goal that I may or may not achieve based upon schedule and time constraints.  I am terrible at estimating things and of course bugs are unpredictable in the amount of time they take to track down.

On deck for tomorrow:  margin calls.
Then implement fees.
Then interest payments on BitAssets.

Lastly everything related to block numbers and time stamps needs to be audited now that we have moved from 5 minute average blocks to 30 seconds or 1st transaction blocks. 
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Pocket Sand

• View Profile
Thanks for the update Dan, am really surprised/happy to hear about the progress and the current implementation of being able to place bids, asks, shorts, cover, and cancel open orders.

Offline smiley35

• View Profile
Today I took some time off from C++ development to help get our website under control before Miami.  To that end I am pleased to share the latest draft of the BitShares X and Invictus.io site:  http://invictus.io/bitsharesx.php

Obviously we have more work to do, but it is certainly better than anything we have had thus far.

Looks good! Might I suggest a little more of a clear separator between the "differences" columns. 

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
Today I took some time off from C++ development to help get our website under control before Miami.  To that end I am pleased to share the latest draft of the BitShares X and Invictus.io site:  http://invictus.io/bitsharesx.php

Obviously we have more work to do, but it is certainly better than anything we have had thus far.
How many developerS work for BTS
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline Avant

• View Profile
PTS: PvhU2D9ViKygoBQTgh9zeKuFTqi8j3TRjy
BTS: avanty

Offline betax

• View Profile
Best site so far, clean design and simple, with great explanations as well.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bytemaster

Offline bytemaster

You are correct the wallets need to generate unique seed keys.   That was on the agenda for today. 

Yoda:  Testing we will do yeess. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline crazybit

is there any performance test will be conducted on Bitshares and Keyhotee?

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
I used two clients to test, and transfer assets from one to another(e.g. transfer 1 bts  to newaddr_x), it seems that these two clients have some privkeys in common, and the balance doesn't show correctly due to this.

Different clients having same generated privkeys  may caused by sharing the same test_genesis_private_key basekey and same child_idx.  For easy of multi clients testing, some random might  be needed to add to the function test_genesis_private_key().

Today I managed to implement basic client/server support, new wallets connect, sync up, and can start processing transactions.   I also finished cleanup the display of bids/asks/shorts on the command line interface.

1) Clean Up CLI interface and remove console SPAM
2) Add display of market data (order book and current prices)
3) Add automatic margin call functionality
4) Implement client/server model for network communications
5) Add calculation of interest due and earned for short/long positions
6) Add calculation of dividends earned on bts positions.
7) Integrate PTS and BTC wallet import tools
8) Initialize genesis block and validate I can spend AGS and PTS balances.
9) Implement JSON-RPC API to go with CLI interface.
10) Management of encrypted wallets.
11) Implement and validate fees for all transactions

As far as estimated time of completion goes, I no longer make public estimates.  There will be a long testing period during which everyone will have a good idea of the status of the chain prior to freezing of PTS / AGS contributions to this chain.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 08:56:55 am by HackFisher »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

Today I managed to implement basic client/server support, new wallets connect, sync up, and can start processing transactions.   I also finished cleanup the display of bids/asks/shorts on the command line interface.

1) Clean Up CLI interface and remove console SPAM
2) Add display of market data (order book and current prices)
3) Add automatic margin call functionality
4) Implement client/server model for network communications
5) Add calculation of interest due and earned for short/long positions
6) Add calculation of dividends earned on bts positions.
7) Integrate PTS and BTC wallet import tools
8) Initialize genesis block and validate I can spend AGS and PTS balances.
9) Implement JSON-RPC API to go with CLI interface.
10) Management of encrypted wallets.
11) Implement and validate fees for all transactions

As far as estimated time of completion goes, I no longer make public estimates.  There will be a long testing period during which everyone will have a good idea of the status of the chain prior to freezing of PTS / AGS contributions to this chain. 

Offline Anytime

• View Profile
Today I made significant progress improving the usability of the command line interface and fixing many bugs that came up in the process.   Rounding errors and imprecision continues to crop up when there are odd prices and so I spent some more time handling rounding.

Thanks for your hard work!
Could we know about when the BTS could be fininshed? just an approximate date would be great~
^_^

Offline Markus

• View Profile
Today I made significant progress improving the usability of the command line interface and fixing many bugs that came up in the process.   Rounding errors and imprecision continues to crop up when there are odd prices and so I spent some more time handling rounding.

I don't know how it's done there. But Ripple must have (had) the same problem.