Author Topic: BitShares X Status Update  (Read 260923 times)

Offline Markus

• View Profile
Then BTS only needs to be on one chain?  Why would parallel chains need their own currency?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The problem is space in the blockchain. Right now 16 different assets seems to be the max any one chain can handle. Because the market is in the chain this requires much more space than the with standard coins.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Then BTS only needs to be on one chain?  Why would parallel chains need their own currency?

I think they'd need their own share to have a unit of collateral? You can't short an asset into existence unless you have a base asset to short against
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline gulu

• View Profile

BTC: 1FRsgcQELHKFY2VMFosBnyBaNxZgS4wj7x
PTS: Pf9yDYUknXShepu6YjwSEpMvm1ewNQLNgE
BTSX: gulu

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Cross-chain communication is necessarily opt-in, so each chain can specify what you need to do to CTT with it. Two chains that are cross-tradeable have to both explicitly allow the other (whether directly or by some set of verification rules).

Also I'm pretty sure CTT does not mean that an asset leaves one chain and enters another, it just means two transfers on the two chains happen simultaneously and atomically (I send you BTS on BTSX in exchange for you sending me BitAPPL on BTSStocks).
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline gulu

• View Profile
Enjoy your well-deserved vacation. I have a question for you when you come back.

Correct me if I am wrong. BTS system has a main chain and several parallel chains. BTS is the currency on the main chain while coined BTS on the parallel chains. The main BTS currency is also an asset on each and every parallel chain. The parallel chains talk to the main one in order to enable cross-chain trading. My question is, what stops anyone from creating an exactly same alt parallel chain? I guess the question might better asks as: how are the communicating ports between the main chain and parallel chains protected? Or can anyone create a parallel chain?
BTC: 1FRsgcQELHKFY2VMFosBnyBaNxZgS4wj7x
PTS: Pf9yDYUknXShepu6YjwSEpMvm1ewNQLNgE
BTSX: gulu

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
Enjoy a hugely deserved break  8)

Offline bytemaster

Unfortunately today I spent on the phone with just about everyone on the team and thus didn't have any opportunity to write code.   I will be spending time with my kids this weekend so there will be little progress for the next 2 days.

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

Thank you a lot for the update. I have a question: will there be a GUI ready for early Mar. test?

I wouldn't bet on it.   However, anyone is free to start developing the GUI as the API is available from the command-line version and there is a JSON-RPC interface.   

Right now I am focused 100% on core functionality and robustness.

Oh snap!  Command-line version?  I really hope there will be some instructions for us technically challenged.

The command line version is actually not that difficult to use and we will have bounties for people to document how to use it for the masses on every OS.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile
Thank you a lot for the update. I have a question: will there be a GUI ready for early Mar. test?

I wouldn't bet on it.   However, anyone is free to start developing the GUI as the API is available from the command-line version and there is a JSON-RPC interface.   

Oh snap!  Command-line version?  I really hope there will be some instructions for us technically challenged.

Offline bytemaster

Offline yidaidaxia

• View Profile
PTS: PmUT7H6e7Hvp9WtKtxphK8AMeRndnow2S8   /   BTC: 1KsJzs8zYppVHBp7CbyvQAYrEAWXEcNvmp   /   BTSX: yidaidaxia (暂用)
新浪微博: yidaidaxia_郝晓曦 QQ:36191175试手补天

Offline bytemaster

Today I fixed several bugs, then got caught up getting things to build and compile using Apple's native clang++ rather than g++4.8 from macports.   

Offline bytemaster

Since my last post I have implemented the majority of trx fees including dynamic fee adjustment based upon blocksize.   Tomorrow I will look for / fix bugs with the trx fee code and implement automated mining and importing keys from bitcoin.

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
enjoy your family life  :D
Initial bugs from margin calls have been resolved.  I am sure there are a few more lurking in there..

Items on my todo list include:
1) Implement Trx Fees
2) Automate mining (it is currently manual and dependent upon manual trxs)
3) Dynamic fee adjustment based upon block size
4) Validate difficulty adjustment
5) Import bitcoin wallets and bitcoin private keys
6) Generate genesis block from PTS snapshot
7) Fix bugs / security / robustness of wallet.

Items I am leaving out of the MVP
1) Options
2) MultiSig Transactions
3) Cross Chain Trading
4) Escrow
5) Interest

I suspect that items 1 through 4 should be complete by Monday.  I will be taking Friday through Sunday off to spend time with my kids.    If all goes well we should be MVP feature complete by Valentines Day and can focus the last several of weeks on testing and robustness for a launch the first week of March.

Offline bytemaster

Initial bugs from margin calls have been resolved.  I am sure there are a few more lurking in there..

Items on my todo list include:
1) Implement Trx Fees
2) Automate mining (it is currently manual and dependent upon manual trxs)
3) Dynamic fee adjustment based upon block size
4) Validate difficulty adjustment
5) Import bitcoin wallets and bitcoin private keys
6) Generate genesis block from PTS snapshot
7) Fix bugs / security / robustness of wallet.

Items I am leaving out of the MVP
1) Options
2) MultiSig Transactions
3) Cross Chain Trading
4) Escrow
5) Interest

I suspect that items 1 through 4 should be complete by Monday.  I will be taking Friday through Sunday off to spend time with my kids.    If all goes well we should be MVP feature complete by Valentines Day and can focus the last several of weeks on testing and robustness for a launch the first week of March.

Is the first snapshot still 02/28?

Correct, Snapshot 2/28 launch shortly thereafter.