Author Topic: Predict the next exchanges joining BitShares  (Read 4409 times)

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Bter would be logical choice because they got attacked this could change their image.

You know, that's true. I hadn't thought of it, because I agree with Ander that both Cryptsy and Bter have become junk. I wouldn't be that excited to partner with them. But the fact is that someone still uses those exchanges, so as long as they are going to operate honestly (a major 'if'), they could always bring that volume here. And maybe re-establish credibility.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Bter would be logical choice because they got attacked this could change their image.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Most of those little ones I havent heard of.

bter and cryptsy are scams now imo.

Btc38 or Polo would be AMAZING news.  It snot polo because their mods said in chat that they werent working on that, but I hope we can convince them to join us later on down the road.

A big Bitcoin exchange would be even more incredible news.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
On one of the last articles published on forbes, this got me really interested

“Imagine this,” offered Larimer. “Eight of our feisty start-up exchanges pool their services and order books to look effectively as big as a medium-sized, more established exchange. If that medium exchange were to then join these eight, they would double the size of each other’s combined order books and be suddenly competitive with a twice bigger exchange, who might then decide to join the network and double it all again.”

And all the while, the growing network of exchanges has more products and services to offer making them not only bigger but also better than the next exchange on their “friendly upward assimilation warpath”. Larimer further contends: “In this way, we think we can quickly roll up partners to become the biggest virtual exchange in the world. Resistance is futile.” It’s bold and disruptive stuff.

So, what exchanges would you speculate on joining Bitshares next?

I think we might or should get btc38 (maybe even bter) or even smaller exchanges. After those what other exchanges would you predict joining us? btc-e is completely anonymous, they don't add any crypto so it's pretty hard if not impossible, Kraken apparently won't support us, bitstamp and bitfinex seem to big for us. I would place Polo a tier above btc38 but beneath bitstamp and kraken. I think Polo atm would be THE exchange to get. But I don't see them joining us that easily them seem to be quiet busy already.

Do you have any smaller exchanges in mind first? Maybe if we get like more 4 small exchanges we could get bter and btc38 and after that Polo or whatever exchange will be leading the altcoin scene at that time. So, my opinion:

[tier 1]
C-CEX - $11k
CoinMate - 16k
BIT-X - 16k
CAVirtex - 19k
Bter - $20k volume

[tier 2]
The Rock Trading - 50k
Bittrex? $80k volume atm
BitBay - 85k
Cryptsy - 94k
CEX.IO - $110k
bitcoinIndonesia - $144k
HitBTC - $175k
Justcoin - 179k
[tier 3]

Btc38 -$221k
Polo > 426k

[tier 4]
Jubi - $1,6M
btc-e, krake, bitstamp, etc, the big boys. they seem to big atm

I don't think Bitcoin only exchanges will be joining us, at least seeing this page http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/#markets I don't believe any on the top 10/15 would be joining us any time soon. Cryptsy has a rep for altcoins and since it's involved in some shady stuff, if it joined us, it could bring in quite some volume and clean it's name. Has $94k volume atm

what exchanges do you think would be the easiest? Does anyone have any contact with any of them? If the 4 I mentioned on tier 1 would join we would have +$80k volume enough to compete with bittrex! (+80k) Then we could have crypsy (+90k) by that time we are able to compete with btc38! After that, Polo. After that we have near $1M volume!! That places us with Kraken and competing with the big boys! I know this is wishful thinking but I'm really excited about this whole process

see more here http://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/volume/24-hour/
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 12:26:20 am by Akado »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads