Author Topic: GUI Stated to resync, While resyncing would my wallet.....  (Read 1324 times)

Offline Louis

Hello,

I had my latest deposit made this morning (10/12/2015), I waited for my wallet to update, I do see my last two transactions on the wallet transaction list.

Then my wallet started to resync before I made a wallet_export_key.

1. If I do it now when it's resyncing would all my transactions be safe?
All is fine .. you transaction will be effective for BTS2 also!
You will still need to catch up with syncing so that your wallet correctly derives the corresponding private key.

I guess I need to download the latest blockchain to do that. Hopefully someone will upload one that runs up to 10/12/2015

2. I've noticed that the keys.json file has 40 entries for both private and public keys, is that the number of transactions that I have made from the beginning?
Yes .. that number will increase by at least ONE .. once it catches your transactions from this morning

I counted the number of transactions in the GUI and it has 42 transactions, but my json file only has 40. Does that mean that the last two transaction did not get save properly to the json file?

3. I have downloaded the chain_10_5_2015.zip, and extracted under the \AppData\Roaming\BitShares\chain folder, but when I run the wallet, it starts again from the beginning at 0%, how does this work? Do I need to do anything special for it to read the new folder? I know I am have it in the correct folder for if I remove it, it creates a new chain folder.
Not sure .. does the forum thread not describe it correclty?. Maybe you now have extracted the "chain" folder into the "chain" folder or so .. It may also depend on the architecture .. not sure you can use a 64bit database on a 32 bit machine ???

I have extracted the chain folder correctly, to check that I rename it and run the GUI again and it creates a new chain folder exactly where I downloaded the new one. My computer is a 64bit machine., how can I tell what architecture the download is in?

I would probably need a new chain download that dates 10/12/2015 to get my last two transactions, if indeed they where not save in the json file.

Please help me with this.

Thank you.
I am pretty sure someone will make a chain torrent for the snapshot .. I wanted to do one... but missed my chance since mr.agsexplorer created on block after the snapshot time (worthless)

That would be great, and also if they can put some instructions with that it would be awesome.

BTW: I do have the transaction IDs of the last two transactions that suppository are not showing up in the json file, would that help recover them?

Thank you for all you hard work in helping us newbees.

Offline betax

• View Profile
Hello,

I had my latest deposit made this morning (10/12/2015), I waited for my wallet to update, I do see my last two transactions on the wallet transaction list.

2. I've noticed that the keys.json file has 40 entries for both private and public keys, is that the number of transactions that I have made from the beginning?

3. I have downloaded the chain_10_5_2015.zip, and extracted under the \AppData\Roaming\BitShares\chain folder, but when I run the wallet, it starts again from the beginning at 0%, how does this work? Do I need to do anything special for it to read the new folder? I know I am have it in the correct folder for if I remove it, it creates a new chain folder.

I would probably need a new chain download that dates 10/12/2015 to get my last two transaction if indeed they where not save in the json file.

Thank you.

I posted this one from the 11th.. might help. https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,18885.0.html
I will post another tomorrow.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Hello,

All is fine .. you transaction will be effective for BTS2 also!
You will still need to catch up with syncing s that you wallet correctly derives the corresponding private key.

Yes .. that number will increase by at least ONE .. once it catches your transactions from this morning

Not sure .. does the forum thread not describe it correclty?. Maybe you now have extracted the "chain" folder into the "chain" folder or so .. It may also depend on the architecture .. not sure you can use a 64bit database on a 32 bit machine ???

I would probably need a new chain download that dates 10/12/2015 to get my last two transaction if indeed they where not save in the json file.

Thank you.
I am pretty sure someone will make a chain torrent for the snapshot .. I wanted to do one... but missed my chance since mr.agsexplorer created on block after the snapshot time (worthless)

Offline Louis

Hello,

Thank you.