Author Topic: JSON file not working for import???  (Read 3488 times)

Offline yellowecho

When I try to import the .json file in the light client, the screen goes completely white and nothing happens after I click the Done button.  Any idea what's happening? I also tried doing it with the web wallet and it just goes directly to the  Wallet Management Console screen and says "No balance claims".
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 08:08:41 pm by yellowecho »
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline SkyscraperFarms

• View Profile
I also typed in 100,00 keys to regenerate and my client crashed and has been loading since 3 1/2 hours. What a mess.

Offline SkyscraperFarms

• View Profile
I am windows 10 user too.
This method was the only one what worked.
I started the exe's in dos prompt as administrator.

Can you explain a little better what you did? Those instructions don't really help me at all. Copy paste some of that in cmd in proper directory lead to errors.

Offline ifinta

• View Profile
I am windows 10 user too.
This method was the only one what worked.
I started the exe's in dos prompt as administrator.

Offline SkyscraperFarms

• View Profile
just used...
https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene/wiki/How-To-become-an-active-witness-in-BitShares-2.0

I am not sure what that is. I am a Windows 10 user. I don't want to be a witness. I just want all my missing funds to show up in .9.3c and then transfer over to 2.0.

Offline SkyscraperFarms

• View Profile
None of that is working.

Ran as admin. Used console to export specifying PATH. Nowhere to be found. Yes even searched all recently made .JSON files.

Someone suggested using the cli. Any instructions on that process?

Also, I am missing funds in my old account and have regenerated 100,000 keys but they are still not showing up. I had to delete everything awhile back and re import my private keys. Whenever I try to generate more keys the client crashes. Could this all be linked? Why can't I just import my private keys for my accounts and have funds show up in 2.0. It clearly isn't working like that as I have a number. Of accounts with minimal amounts of BTS in hem and 2.0 shows no balance. This whole process seems messy.

Offline roselee

• View Profile
did you use the wallet_export_keys command?

When I try the console it acts like its creating the folder but then nothing shows up anywhere on my computer. Windows 10 64....

When I use the drop down command in the top left corner under file, i get a .JSON file but when I import it I get that error.

Thats the problem then.. you need to do the CLI command.

When you do it make sure you give the FULL path.. something like

wallet_export_keys c:\backup\myprecious.json

Try it again this way.

i had the same
but found the file then with
explorer search
go to start
search
put .json in and there you should see your files

i created a .json file myself and i had created a folder where it should be but the file was always empty
then i searched ( one nice guy in the forum told me how to search) and there it was i copied and pasted it to the created folder and then it showed
hope this helps

Offline CalabiYau

When I try the console it acts like its creating the folder but then nothing shows up anywhere on my computer. Windows 10 64....

When I use the drop down command in the top left corner under file, i get a .JSON file but when I import it I get that error.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,18714.msg243152.html#msg243152

Offline onceuponatime

Try it again this way.

I used the CLI and just exported it to a USB. That worked.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Try it again this way.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline SkyscraperFarms

• View Profile

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline SkyscraperFarms

• View Profile
Code: [Select]
BitShares Wallet BackupOctober13.json is an unrecognized format
I have 0.9.3c of old bitshares and export my wallet using the dashboard command. Then go to new bts 2.0 and get this error message beforeI even enter my password in.

Any help would be cool.

Thanks