Author Topic: Balance not showing up correctly after import - PLEASE HELP  (Read 3270 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Hey, xeroc

I performed the "funds recovery" instructions after I saw that it does not show
balances on new client after performing the "Migration to 2.0" instructions. I
tried both Windows and Web client.

So, right now, as a user and not a developer of bitshares, I have no idea what
should I do, to get my balances back, and continue work with new bitshares
platform.

Can you please help me(and I will help you) to solve this issue?
But take in mind that the only operations I can do(as a USER!), is copy/paste
some text/files, run exe applications, and enter some commands (without
understanding what does that mean) in console.

Currently the web-based wallet is not fined tuned to easily handle thousands of
balances. Either you wait a little for an improved version, or you give the
browser more time to handle the load, or .. if you are brave enough, you try
claiming your balance using the CLI wallet:
http://docs.bitshares.eu/migration/howto-importing-wallet.html#cli-wallet

Offline JA

• View Profile
All of a sudden my missing account showed up with the balance :)
Don't really know why/how - I did not do anything

Thank you all for help though
openledger probably got updated

Offline quasar

• View Profile
All of a sudden my missing account showed up with the balance :)
Don't really know why/how - I did not do anything

Thank you all for help though

Offline jenkas

• View Profile
Hey, xeroc

I performed the "funds recovery" instructions after I saw that it does not show balances on new client after performing the "Migration to 2.0" instructions. I tried both Windows and Web client.

So, right now, as a user and not a developer of bitshares, I have no idea what should I do, to get my balances back, and continue work with new bitshares platform.

Can you please help me(and I will help you) to solve this issue?
But take in mind that the only operations I can do(as a USER!), is copy/paste some text/files, run exe applications, and enter some commands (without understanding what does that mean) in console.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
if you see all your funds already in bts1, running regenerate_keys is counterproductive as it only increases the import file size for nothing ..

alternatively .. there is a python script in bitshares-pytools/tools .. something like getbalancekeys .. that you can use to dump private keys that hold balances .. you can manually import the private keys than ..

btw .. NOTES are gone now and will be in the genesis in MUSE in a few weeks ...

Offline jenkas

• View Profile
Graphene hanged forever, while importing keys from 0.9.3c.
I tried both  - Windows Client and https://bitshares.openledger.info/#/wallet/import-keys

Another strange behavior is that after I did regenerate keys command and export, the key file grew from 12KB to 8MB!!
Also, Windows Client consumed more than 1.5GB of RAM during import process and hanged, and all this happens only after I ran "regenerate" command on only 2 out of ~20 accounts I own.

Offline roadscape

I might be seeing a similar issue. I noticed some irregularities in a key export file from 0.9.3c.. I was going to post details on GitHub, but not sure which repo is appropriate: bitshares-0.9.x or graphene?
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline jenkas

• View Profile
I applied the following steps
In 0.9.3c client:
1. For both accounts: wallet_regenerate_keys ACCOUNT-NAME 10500
2. wallet_export_keys PATH
In 2.0 light client:
3. Create new wallet
4. Import keys

Now I see the "Loading balance claims" in Wallet Management Console, and looks like it is still in progress, while 2 hours passed...any idea how much time it should take?

jaran

I have exactly the same issue on Bitshares 2.0-light on Windows, but my both accounts (with > 50k BTS on deposit) have 6 letters...

BTW, why the block number which is displayed in new Client is so small? Right now its only #66357, and according to bitsharesblocks.com it should be about #3,829,501

witness_client.exe (have no idea what it is) shows the same block numbers as light client 2.0.

bitsharesblocks.com is for bts 1.0.  not 2.0

I think i read they are not going to upgrade bitsharesblocks.com and are just going to build that info into the wallet over time

Offline jenkas

• View Profile
I have exactly the same issue on Bitshares 2.0-light on Windows, but my both accounts (with > 50k BTS on deposit) have 6 letters...

BTW, why the block number which is displayed in new Client is so small? Right now its only #66357, and according to bitsharesblocks.com it should be about #3,829,501

witness_client.exe (have no idea what it is) shows the same block numbers as light client 2.0.

Offline pal

• View Profile
    • Become Lifetime Member
  • BitShares: pal
Try this in 0.9.3c console, then import again in graphene:
wallet_regenerate_keys ACCOUNT-NAME 10500
wallet_export_keys PATH
Become Lifetime Member:
https://bitshares.openledger.info?r=pal

Offline svk

Yes, it's the firs account I have had, and I send BTS to other accounts using V account.
This could simply be an issue of the code not looking for account names of only one character, I didn't even know that was possible. @jcalfee do you think that's the case?
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline quasar

• View Profile
Yes, it's the firs account I have had, and I send BTS to other accounts using V account.

Offline mindphlux

• View Profile
Is the account v* registered on the blockchain?
Please consider voting for my witness mindphlux.witness and my committee user mindphlux. I will not vote for changes that affect witness pay.

Offline quasar

• View Profile
So I have imported my backup to bitshares 2.0, I had 3 accounts on the backup one of which was a founder ID. After I clicked on claim balance and checked all the checkboxes next to all accounts, I can't see the correct balances in the dashboard.

So, this is what I had initially:

And this is what I have after importing:

I see only 2 accounts, I should have 3, including the one with founder ID "V" that held 99% of my BTS 

When I go to Settings>Wallet this is what I see:

Someone please help me, I hope I have not lost my BTS holdings, I'm starting to panic a little :(