Author Topic: Migrating to BTS 2.0 is confusing  (Read 5758 times)

julian1

Using unlocked >>> import_balance  account [owner-priv-key]  true

reports that it succeeded.

But still no balances!

julian1

Imported json successfully with import_accounts.

And it's possible to list accounts.

But there are no balances.

Do I need to run,

import_balance <accountname> [<balance wif key>] true

This needs a wif key, which only makes sense if I imported using import_key according to the wiki ?

Do I need to do something else?

julian1

Ok, so i have the witness node running setting the endpoint.

./witness_node/witness_node  --rpc-endpoint 127.0.0.1:8090

and then run the cli_wallet

and it gives me a console.

I assume that's correct

julian1

What is the process I need to run to get a node running and synchronized with the chain?

I don't see this information anywhere in the documentation.

Is it the cli_wallet? Or is that just a http/rpc client.

I'm running a headless ubuntu 14.04

julian1

I've got bitshares-2 compiled successfully without qt deps.

What do I need to do know to start a cli console? And to synchronize the chain and import json files?

I tried to run the witness node, but I'm getting what looks like a locale error?

root@bitshares-2:~/bitshares-2# programs/witness_node/witness_node
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
  what():  locale::facet::_S_create_c_locale name not valid
Aborted (core dumped)

julian1

try
Code: [Select]
git submodule update --init --recursive

Perfect. Thanks Puppies.

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 07:59:51 am by puppies »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

julian1

You can import multiple BTS1 backup files into one single wallet, so that is no problem.

Great thanks mindphlux.

Trying to compile 9.3.c

git co 'bts/0.9.3c'
git submodule init
git submodule update
cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release . 2>&1 | less

--   coroutine
** for a debug build: cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug ..
CMake Error at libraries/fc/CMakeLists.txt:210 (add_subdirectory):
  The source directory

/home/xxx/bitshares/libraries/fc/vendor/websocketpp

does not contain a CMakeLists.txt file.

Any ideas?

Offline mindphlux

• View Profile
You can import multiple BTS1 backup files into one single wallet, so that is no problem.
Please consider voting for my witness mindphlux.witness and my committee user mindphlux. I will not vote for changes that affect witness pay.

julian1

I have a bunch of different wallets. I would prefer to consolidate the accounts and assets into a single wallet - but what would be the best way to do this? Munge together the exported json files into one export json? Or just export/import each one separately into 2.0? I'm fairly handy with the cli, but haven't compiled 2.0 yet.

Offline svk

I managed to import my wallet into version 2.0  here: https://bitshares.openledger.info/#/account/werneo/overview

... unfortunately the balances page is blank.  During the import process, graphene confirmed my account name, and the amount of bts, brownie pts, etc., that was in my 0.9.3 wallet. But now that I finished the process and looked around the wallet, I don't see an inventory of my bts anywhere.

Also, at this moment I am still logged into my graphene wallet through my google chrome browser. I wanted to see what would happen if I tried to login from a different browser, but when I visited https://bitshares.openledger.info in firefox, there was no visible way to log into the wallet.

Should I be concerned?
Wallets are unique to each browser, they're stored using the IndexedDB functionality of the browser. You can of course export from browser to browser using a backup.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
What will happen if I press the blue button "reset" prior the "import"  ?

It goes to the page that asks about the import file from start....  :)
I wanted to point out that it is scary to see a"reset" button right to the  keys summary!   :P

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
What will happen if I press the blue button "reset" prior the "import"  ?

Tuck Fheman

ya once I had it explained repeatedly ... it was easy. ;)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I'm missing 1 of my usernames.  Anyone have any ideas of how to get that back?  I didn't register it.  Where get I buy a namespace?

good question about 0.9.X accounts not registered on the blockchain. I don't think they made it into the genesis block, but someone keep me honest.

I had an unregistered account and it didn't show up either. I didn't have any assets in it though.
not registered accounts can TECHNICALLY not be available in BTS2 .. how would the snapshot know about your account if you haven't registered it?

anyway .. if you see funds in an ungregistered account you should cetainly be able to import those funds into the BTS2 wallet too .. there may be a bug preventing that (not sure how the balance claim procedure is actually implemented) @jcalfee1

btw .. as mentioned several times .. bitshares 2.0 does not know the concept of unregistered accounts anylonger .. your are REQURIED to register an account!!