Author Topic: * SOLVED * 2.0 Account Reg Duplication Issue  (Read 1529 times)

Offline bytemaster

a little off topic:
Something i want to mention here is that I was potentially able to pay a life member subscription from an account that don't belong to me!
I skipped only the last step where I supposed to confirm the transaction for the subscription! I didn't do the last step because of the 10000 bts....
can somebody try it out? Or is it how it supposed to work?   ???

What would happen to day is that the transaction would fail when you tried to sign it and no funds would have been lost.
What would happen in the future is that the transaction would get converted into a proposed transaction and you would select an account to fund the proposal.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

jaran

apparently if you try to register an account with a non-Lifetime account and fail and that account gets registered later by someone else, the account will show up in the web wallet under your account list, you can view all of their balances, but you can't spend their money.

Ya i saw that too.  What happens is it "follows" the account you previously tried to register.  You can select the account in your wallet and click on unfollow under the account picture to stop following it.

Why 'unfollow'? It seems like a nice feature - aka keeping track of all the accounts that you at some point wished to own?

HAHA ya a nice feature indeed to never forget lost opportunity lol ....Its probably a bug where they follow the account in your wallet before the registration goes through is my guess

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
a little off topic:
Something i want to mention here is that I was potentially able to pay a life member subscription from an account that don't belong to me!
I skipped only the last step where I supposed to confirm the transaction for the subscription! I didn't do the last step because of the 10000 bts....
can somebody try it out? Or is it how it supposed to work?   ???

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

apparently if you try to register an account with a non-Lifetime account and fail and that account gets registered later by someone else, the account will show up in the web wallet under your account list, you can view all of their balances, but you can't spend their money.

Ya i saw that too.  What happens is it "follows" the account you previously tried to register.  You can select the account in your wallet and click on unfollow under the account picture to stop following it.

Why 'unfollow'? It seems like a nice feature - aka keeping track of all the accounts that you at some point wished to own?
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Tuck Fheman

Ahhh ok thanks!

jaran

Tuck Fheman

Last night several of us hurried to register our domain name before someone else did but we kept getting errors. Some on the forum indicated that the error was because we were trying to register the name on an account that was not a Lifetime member. So, we registered the name with a Lifetime account, it went through fine, gave us confirmation, the name showed up in wallet and all seemed to be fine.

Today we log in to find out the name is apparently owned by two different accounts.  One in the light wallet registered by a Lifetime account and another account in the web wallet that did not register, but instead gave an error when we tried last night. But here it is today in that account!

So the account name pulls up for us in the light wallet and for the person that tried to register the name last night but failed.  :-\

Someone else sent 1 BTS to the account and that 1 BTS shows up in both the light wallet and the web wallet.

We're trying to wrap our heads around what has happened. Does anyone else know?! lel

Update: Ok so in the web wallet I can see the balance for the duplicate account (that should not be there) and I tried to send the funds from the account and it says, "Not your account". So that's good, but apparently if you try to register an account with a non-Lifetime account and fail and that account gets registered later by someone else, the account will show up in the web wallet under your account list, you can view all of their balances, but you can't spend their money.

Can someone verify this is the case or tell us we're crazy, either one will ease our pain. ;)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 05:56:09 pm by Tuck Fheman »