Author Topic: Witness Alerts and Status  (Read 13361 times)

Offline twitter

• View Profile
bue ( "id": "1.6.25") has been  updated to v2.15.294.

It was required --resync-blockchain  .... replay does not work... :) and missed lots of blockes
witness:

Offline asimov

• View Profile
Witness asimov updated to last version v.-2.15.294.
Ready to run!
Thanks!

Offline ElMato

• View Profile
ElMato Updated
Blockchain replayed automatically because of db upgrade.
Done reindexing, elapsed time: 37.57736299999999829 sec

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
A telegram group is created for the purpose of disseminating alerts and important/urgent messages.  The group is named 'BTS Witness Alerts' and in operation.  Most of the active witnesses have registered with it, except maqifrnswa, delegated-proof-of-steak (dev),  and delegate.btsnow (dev).

A similar private group 'Bitshares Witnesses' is created in Slack as a backup channel.

My skype id is bitcube7.  The problem I have with skype is that it is a memory hogger (memory leaking?) and it slows down everything in my PC.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 10:19:25 am by cube »
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

iHashFury

witness: delegate.ihashfury

Telegram: @iPerky

Offline Harvey

• View Profile
Witness node: harvey-xts
Skype account: maxweizhao
BTS       Witness:harvey-xts Seed:128.199.143.47:2015 API:wss://128.199.143.47:2016 
MUSE   Witness:harvey-xts Seed:128.199.143.47:2017 API:ws://128.199.143.47:2018

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
One of the things I've noticed on telegram is that even if I have the channel muted I will still receive a notification if someone mentions with the @
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline triox

• View Profile
  • BitShares: triox
The telegram chat is great and the bot works wonderfully but it's too general for an emergency channel. I often find myself muting it for 8 hours at a time, because there's just too much chatter to keep up with. The same happened to the nullstreet slack group back in the day, it became impossible and pointless to follow. An emergency/alert system has to be heavily curated, used very scarcely and impossible to ignore. A restricted forum thread that witnesses subscribe to fits the bill.

Offline mindphlux

• View Profile
Yes please, BM, please join us on telegram, the majority of the witnesses are already there.

Also, I think any witness who is NOT in our primary telegram channel shouldn't be voted in since he can't react to events happening in realtime. We're very well connected and almost a family now. We're self-organizing.
Please consider voting for my witness mindphlux.witness and my committee user mindphlux. I will not vote for changes that affect witness pay.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Most witnesses are in telegram. Also, many don't use Skype due to privacy concerns.

Come to telegram please BM instead of trying to change an already established  communication channel

Offline Thom

I'm on Telegram and it's working well for me to receive notification of missed blocks. I would like to add other witnesses to my Telegram contacts for chat, should real-time coordination be necessary.

BM, get it for whatever platform you prefer: https://www.telegram.org/

If there is a real emergency, you have seen how congested and slow this forum can get. Telegram is also encrypted.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline Bhuz

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bhuz
We already set up a telegram group for witness with a bot (spartako_bot) that notify when witnesses miss blocks. We are already 10 active delegates. If you give us your telegram nick we add you
Yes pls, join us

Telegram group (plus spartako_bot) is working really good for witness coordination.
I'm already in. 
+5%

Offline ElMato

• View Profile
Telegram group (plus spartako_bot) is working really good for witness coordination.
I'm already in. 

Offline betax

• View Profile
We already set up a telegram group for witness with a bot (spartako_bot) that notify when witnesses miss blocks. We are already 10 active delegates. If you give us your telegram nick we add you

Telegram is good as you don't have to reveal your skype address here, but if we setup skype, can we do it via pms.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads