Author Topic: too many keys,i can't import.  (Read 2167 times)

Offline freedom

• View Profile
I have 30k keys in my 1.0 wallet,I wait for almost a day!still can not import.
What can i do????
I have about 300K keys in my 1.0 wallet.
I followed this:
https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-2/wiki/Import%20BitShares-0.9.3c%20wallets%20into%20BitShares%202.0%20CLI%20wallet

and it worked for me
I followed this,
but still not work,Finally the system crashed.

chryspano

I had 35000 keys...
imported with firefox....
seemed freezed the whole time and I couldn't use firefox tabs to navigate, but it went trough

After how much time?

In my first attempt with 31000 keys it took maybe 30-60 minutes(Firefox), everything worked fine during and afterwards the migration until the moment I reopened the wallet after some hour, my account had no funds no recent history and there is nothing I can do.

Another issue is that everytime I start this wallet(The one that I "successfully" lol migrated to bts 2.0) and go to ==>"settings" ==>"wallets" one cpu core spikes to 100% for something like 20-30 minutes in the "Wallet Management Console" freezing the wallet,  after 20-30 minutes  I can see that there are no balances to claim, my wallet remains empty and life goes on...

I tried to reimport my keys or to restore my backup numerous times with no results, in my new attempt to reimport I'm stuck once more at "Loading balance claims..." for more than 12 hours, in a previous attempt I was waiting there for 1day and a half, this makes no sense, my first sucessfull try was done in less than 1 hour and now this.... if 31000 keys can't be processed in that time, this means 1 key needs much more than 4 secs to be processed, something is really really wrong here. I need to mention that cpu usage is extremely low 2-10% for every one of the 8 cores and network usage is the normal usage you have when openledger is idle.

CLI wallet now...

I gave it a try but I was welcomed with an error...
Afterwards I read in the forums that you ALSO need to run the node.exe(with some parameters ofcourse)
I tried it but I 'm welcomed with another error...
Another try with administrator rights this time, it works
I'm asked for a password before I proceed, I give a password, and yes....another error!
I retry with no special characters this time, it works
I try to import... import_accounts <path to exported json> <password of wallet you exported from> and.....yes..... another stupid ERROR EXCEPTION about some character or something like that..
After 1 hour trying and double checking I gave up...

It will be so easy, you will just import your exported file and that's all...

Lara Croft and the migration guest... a non ending adventure in to the depths of torture and frustration...

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210
I have similar problems. I cannot import my wallet with ruffly 151k keys. How do you access the CLI in the light wallet client for windows?

The client crashes after i click import keys... Any ideas?
Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
i use mac.that was too difficult forme

I've heard someone with 40k keys say that if you just wait a long time (leave it running over night), it will works.
Also, try Firefox instead of Safari. Someone else posted that they couldn't import 20k keys using Safari but could using Firefox.

What a joke.

Offline lzr1900

• View Profile
also i import the same 1.0 wallet in another 2.0 wallet,it shows no balance in this keys.
but i haven't claim my balance yet,is my fund still safe?

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
I had 35000 keys...
imported with firefox....
seemed freezed the whole time and I couldn't use firefox tabs to navigate, but it went trough

Offline lzr1900

• View Profile

I've heard someone with 40k keys say that if you just wait a long time (leave it running over night), it will works.
Also, try Firefox instead of Safari. Someone else posted that they couldn't import 20k keys using Safari but could using Firefox.
:'( I wait almost 24 h,still spinning ..

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile

maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline lzr1900

• View Profile

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline lzr1900

• View Profile
I have 30k keys in my 1.0 wallet,I wait for almost a day!still can not import.
What can i do????