Author Topic: How to connect your light wallet to your own witness node on Windows 64 bit.  (Read 1977 times)

Offline JA

• View Profile
here is a bach script that will start everything with admin rights.
Code: [Select]
@echo off

:: BatchGotAdmin
:-------------------------------------
REM  --> Check for permissions
>nul 2>&1 "%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\cacls.exe" "%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\config\system"

REM --> If error flag set, we do not have admin.
if '%errorlevel%' NEQ '0' (
    echo Requesting administrative privileges...
    goto UACPrompt
) else ( goto gotAdmin )

:UACPrompt
    echo Set UAC = CreateObject^("Shell.Application"^) > "%temp%\getadmin.vbs"
    set params = %*:"=""
    echo UAC.ShellExecute "cmd.exe", "/c %~s0 %params%", "", "runas", 1 >> "%temp%\getadmin.vbs"

"%temp%\getadmin.vbs"
    del "%temp%\getadmin.vbs"
    exit /B

:gotAdmin
    pushd "%CD%"
    CD /D "%~dp0"
:--------------------------------------

cd "C:\Program Files\BitShares 2\bin"
start witness_node.exe

cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\BitShares2-light"
start BitShares2-light.exe

exit

Offline JA

• View Profile
Thanks for the guide. I'm new to BTS but managed to get it working, as far as I can tell. Any way to check? And do I need to do anything but wait for a day to get added to the active witness list?

A helpful addition to the guide would be the way to open witness_node from the console. I  didn't know so did it through Windows by running the .exe as Administrator, it crashed with an access error otherwise.
Since you are new you probably dont know.

This is a guide on how to connect your light wallet to a witness node that connects to the bitshares network.
This will not make you a witness at all.

Offline HeySteve

Thanks for the guide. I'm new to BTS but managed to get it working, as far as I can tell. Any way to check? And do I need to do anything but wait for a day to get added to the active witness list?

A helpful addition to the guide would be the way to open witness_node from the console. I  didn't know so did it through Windows by running the .exe as Administrator, it crashed with an access error otherwise.

Offline JA

• View Profile
Just posted a question related to this here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,16781.msg245347.html#msg245347

Do you know the answer? I'm pretty sure the wallet connection would be wss://  vs ws://  for an encrypted connection. Just not sure how to set it up. I'd like to use a self-signed certificate and I'm not sure why the witness config.ini only provides for a single cert file and not both (public / private parts of key).
no sorry this is just for local use.

Offline Thom

Just posted a question related to this here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,16781.msg245347.html#msg245347

Do you know the answer? I'm pretty sure the wallet connection would be wss://  vs ws://  for an encrypted connection. Just not sure how to set it up. I'd like to use a self-signed certificate and I'm not sure why the witness config.ini only provides for a single cert file and not both (public / private parts of key).
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html